Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:09:33 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Recent Viewings  (Read 1434 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: February 10, 2004, 02:18:55 AM »

Been busy last week and have only stopped in to post a couple times, but here are a few others that I have seen recnently. All good.

VIVA VILLA (1934) - Wow, great film about the story of Mexican revolutionary Poncho Villa's  life (or at least a legendary version). The film is beautiful and humorously co-directed by Howard Hawks. The humor is mixed with images of conquest and executions. The film stars Wallace Beery and Fay Wray. Beery stars as Poncho Villa and is the best actor in the movie. The Mexican revolution and Mexico are interesting to me as I like films about Mexico and the border territories.

SAN ANTONIO (1945) - Another good Western and Errol Flynn movie. Interesting story and action in this film. Like Deej said the saloon gunfight is something else and the whole San Antonio and Alamo background for the story. Also the look and sets for the film are great and it is in color. Thanks Deej for recommending this fine film. First I ever heard of it. I taped it last week and watched it tonight. Hollywood Video in my area has both SEAHAWK and DODGE CITY.

ZULU (1964) - Another fine film that I saw earlier in the week starring Micheal Caine and company surrounded by Zulu warriors in S. Africa during the British Empire expansion. You really get the feel of being surrounded along with these British soldiers. Good film. AMC was playing it last week.

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 06:34:45 AM »

Glad you liked it Scott. It's always been one of my favorites, equal amounts action, comedy, and drama....Just for fun, watch the fight in the bar again and see if you can spot the guy who takes a knife in the back, then waits 5 seconds to react to it. Guess they forgot to tell him he was getting stabbed on that take.

Can't recommend Dodge City enough, I think it's up there among the greatest westerns ever made, yet it is often over looked. One of Flynn's best and it's also in color.

Bought Zulu on DVD a few months ago. Super good flick, Michael Caine does a good job playing the Upper-Class Twit of the Year.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 07:59:24 PM »

How odd, or maybe not. I just got back from Chihuahua, Mexico, where they have turned Pancho Villa's home there into a museum. They have pictures of him and all his generals. The guns, machineguns, and artillery used by his army. The saddle made for him by the Chinese community there, in compensation for the fact that they tried to poison him. His wife's wheelchair, who lived alot longer then he did. Even the car in which he was shot and killed. One can still see the bullet holes in the car from when he was shot.

As for "Zulu," one might also try for the lesser known prequel to it, "Zulu Dawn." If for no other reason, then the battlescenes, which (IMHO) are just as good or better then the ones in "Zulu."

Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2004, 10:14:38 PM »

BoyScoutKevin you went to Chihuahua, Mexico and the Pancho Villa museum. That would be one of my stops if I were in the area. Haven't seen you on the board in a while. What were you doing in Mexico?

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Recent Viewings « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.