Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:15:30 AM
713398 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Quizno's Sub Commercial « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: OT: Quizno's Sub Commercial  (Read 38839 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2004, 01:32:25 PM »

Those things are supposed to make us want to EAT????

I found myself reaching for the phonebook to look up the number for the Health Inspector...

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
acacia
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2004, 02:04:07 PM »

Okay...yes, they are freaky little "things", but damnit, why can't I get that f**kING song out of my head?? Does anyone know a web site where you can watch the commercial?  My boyfriend is wanting to see them, he keeps missing the new one...
daveblackeye15

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2004, 02:47:12 PM »

We like tha moon!

I like in the second commerical how the singer says "bewareof papercuts" Kind of amusing. It may not make you want to eat at Quizno's but it's difficult to forget it.

-CRAPTASTIC!!!-

Post Edited (02-12-04 19:56)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
frannie
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2004, 02:49:08 PM »

the quiznos company site has the commercials on it
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2004, 03:47:20 AM »

I seem to be in the minority here, as I LOVE those commercials.  I like the fact that someone had the balls to go to the Quizno's execs and say "Here is the most horrible monstrosity to ever grace the screen singing an awful song.  It shall be your new mascot", and I like the fact that the Quizno's execs said "Let's run with it".  Truth be told, it's way better than that stupid Taco Bell dog, or the Budweiser frogs.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Bgrade
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2004, 10:40:15 AM »

I love these comercials also.  I recent poll of some of my friends is split..

Three  love them two hate them.

I think the commercial wins regardless of you liike it or hate it.

Better than all the commercials that you have no idea what they are for.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2004, 12:48:04 PM »

They Got a Pepper Bar!! C'mon...that's funny s**t.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2004, 01:59:41 AM »

The people in charge of Quizno's ad campaigns must be mentally imbalanced. Their comercials are just way to out there.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2004, 10:08:53 AM »

In any advertising medium, even annoying characters or jingles will stick in people's minds, making them more likely to choose them over the competition at a conscious/subconscious level.

From scrubbing bubles to Monchichi's, this has been proven time and time again. I'm sure the singing chicken strips of Quizno's are only the tip of the iceberg.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
raj

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2004, 12:12:49 PM »

Well put.  And now how many of us are aware of Quizno's?  The ad has raised our awareness of Q's, and gotten us thinking about the restaurant.
JohnL

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 07:43:40 PM »

>In any advertising medium, even annoying characters or jingles will stick in
>people's minds, making them more likely to choose them over the competition
>at a conscious/subconscious level.

It's also possible for advertising to backfire with some people. When FX started showing ads for The Shield, I thought it looked mildly interesting (I'm not really a big fan of cop shows). 3 months and 6000 commercials later, not to mention the huge ads plastered down in the corner of the picture after EVERY commercial (usually after they'd just shown 2-3 different commercials for The Shield),  I couldn't stand hearing about the show and vowed never to watch even a single episode of it. I haven't either.

Also, even though I don't remember what cereal it was now (Raisen Bran?), that commercial with the disgusting woman opening the door as the guy is delivering milk and inviting him in for breakfast, made me gag every time I thought of eating that cereal.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2004, 10:21:41 PM »

seeing that commercial makes me want to rip my hair out, scream and go order a pastrami sandwitch from Togo's, while wearing nothing but a sock on my ding dog, covered in whipping cream while singing " go, go power rangers'.

So if any of you guys need a laugh just keep an eye on the news in the next 15 min.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Ed
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2004, 08:02:54 PM »

I think the ad is kind of creative.   To be honest, I really don't like the idea of my food being pitched by something that  looks like the 2nd grade class pet after Billy forgot to take it home for Christmas Break.   Call me Mr. Picky. I guess.
-Ed
dont worry bout it
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2004, 03:41:01 PM »

go to google and search for "we like the moon" and there's a clip with those two doing a skit.  Quizno's got it from that.
I luv dolma
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2004, 11:20:19 PM »

I hate that commercial. I too asked myself, what the heck is that? And why do they sound so awful?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Quizno's Sub Commercial « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.