Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:02:37 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Troll 2: Oh... My... God... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Troll 2: Oh... My... God...  (Read 2481 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 09, 2004, 10:56:57 PM »

I finally saw this movie the other day; It's achieved a sort of cult status at my college. All I can say is, holy s**t!! This movie is profoundly, hilariously bad. I had thought I had desensitized myself to bad movies, but this one truly made me believe again. Words simply can't describe how many levels this movie is inept on. Every single plot point hinges on the heroes being idiots-- and it's not even ordinary bad horror movie stupidity, so much as bottom-level Darwinism stupidity (Nobody has a problem with eating a stranger's meal covered in unidentifiable green slime, and this happens at least six or seven times!). Every good guy in this movie acts like they're starring in an anti-drug commercial from the 80s, and every bad guy  acts like Fuad Ramses from Blood Feast. Watch this movie now, but put a pillow on the floor; you might break your jaw otherwise.

On a side note, this movie is currently #7 on the imdb's Bottom 100. Given that it's neither a mainstream Hollywood movie nor an MST3K episode, that's pretty damn impressive.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Krista
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 12:05:55 PM »

Troll 2 is by all means the funniest movie I have ever seen.  I am looking for other hilariously bad movies.  Any recommendations?
peter johnson
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 12:15:54 PM »

Krista!  This is what the whole site's about!!  Cruise around, baby, cruoooosee!!
Vermin!  Hadn't seen you post in awhile -- nice one, doood --
With a recommendation like that, I really must get this next time I can't decide what to pick up at the Vid Station.
Serious question:  Is it necessary to see Troll 1 first, or does it really matter?
peter johnson/denny crane
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 12:25:36 PM »

Leprechaun 4 - in space.  That's pretty terrible.   Don't know if it compares to Troll 2, but it couldn't be that much better than anything.

For the ultimate in crap, there's always Princess Warrior.

kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 02:16:30 PM »

Got that MGM double dfeature disc of TROLL 1 & 2, and halfway through TROLL 2 I turned it off. Couldn't even finish watching it.

As a scene in "Animal House" went:

Pinto: "It must be very good..."

Professor: "...it's a piece of s**t."

:-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
bob
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 02:41:55 PM »

hmmmmmmm
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 03:32:30 PM »

Actually, I haven't posted in a while-- check the date ;) (though I have been lurking consistently, and still post sporadically).

But yeah, you should definitely check it out, and you don't need to see Troll 1 first, as they have NOTHING to do with each other. For starters, Troll 1 has TROLLS; the word is never even mentioned in the "sequel." (On a side note, was Troll really popular enough to warrant its name tacked on a no-budget Italian production?)

Oh, and on a completely unrelated sidenote to Peter (and anyone else who might be interested), keep an eye on the Demons of Stupidity website; big things will soon be afoot.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 04:53:06 PM »

My family and I had the same reaction when we watched it years ago.

We were huge fans of the first Troll movie, so when we saw there was a sequel we rented it... yikes.

One of the actors -- the teenager with the glasses who gets cut up with a chainsaw, I think -- actually posts on the Troll 2 IMDB board frequently... and not defensively, either, I might add.  He was campaigning, at one point, for people to vote Troll 2 back to it's spot in the IMDB bottom 100 (it used to be number three, I think, only behind Manos and Hobgoblins).

Post Edited (02-08-05 15:57)

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2005, 01:52:58 AM »

Yes, this is one of the legendary bad films.  I love the fact that the goblins (no trolls were filmed in the filming of this movie) are vegetarians, but they eat people.  The little plot device they use to get around that problem is just awesome.

The kid talking to his dead grandfather was pretty awkward and creepy.

I put all my thoughts down in this review, including the Mary Celeste bit that kriegerg69 seems to have experienced:

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/trollii/

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Jack Corbett
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 01:56:11 AM »

Is it REALLY that bad? Thoughts?
J Perk
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 04:31:33 PM »

Vermin Boy wrote:

>
> On a side note, this movie is currently #7 on the imdb's Bottom
> 100. Given that it's neither a mainstream Hollywood movie nor
> an MST3K episode, that's pretty damn impressive.
>

That's because HBO and CINEMAX played the hell out of this movie back in 93.  I think i saw it 50 times back then.  It is just sooo bad it's fantastically bad.  I even bought the dvd for my friend and myself.  hey man, h e even p**sed on the food!!!
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2005, 04:36:33 PM »

*sigh* another Netflix queue entry..

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
peter johnson
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2005, 11:06:38 PM »

Andrew:  I must always remember to always check the reviews section here whenever responding to a citation on the Message Board.  Wow!  No doubt a must see at some point . . . {No way have I read EVERY SINGLE review posted -- I guess I could try . . .}
Vermin:  Say no more!  Say no more!  Nudge nudge wink wink . . . SAY. . . NO . . . MOAHRE!!  . . . will do as instructed and watch Demons board.  Me like Demons.  Me like Stupidity.  Me think you do good at both.  Me want!!
peter johnson/denny crane
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Troll 2: Oh... My... God... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.