Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:37:03 AM
714229 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SFW « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SFW  (Read 1461 times)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

SFW
« on: February 13, 2004, 05:22:59 AM »

I've saw this movie a few years back and when I saw it for sale in Block Buster I just had to buy it.This movie rules. It has one of the best sound tracks I've ever heard in a movie and best of all has really cool cool story.
For those of you have not seen it the story goes something like this. Cliff Spab and his friend Joe along with several other people get taken hostage in the Fun Stop, by a couple of crazy terrorists who video tape there hostages and then force the tv networks to air the tapes or they will kill the hostages.
Eventually the hosatge crisis ends and the only two sirvivors of it is Cliff and anouther hostage Wendy. There is a huge media frenzy about Wendy and Cliff, including tv specials, t-shirts, box sets of the hostage tapes and more.Of course nobody remebers the other hostages that died.
The movie is great because it really shows are obsession with celebrities and how the media can blow something way out of proportion and totally screw with people lives. Cliff and Wendy just want to get their lives back but no one is willing to let them.
This movie really seems to parallel the Jessica Lynch story, were the media focused all of its attention on her being rescued but totally forgot about the others rescued with her.They made her bigger than life but she was really just like any other soldier and did just what she was trained to do.And of course the masses dragged in hook, line and sinker into her story.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 05:37:48 AM »

SFW was pretty good.  I liked the crazy girl at the end who coined her own catchphrase.

Post Edited (02-13-04 04:41)

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
Eirik
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2004, 03:58:23 PM »

What wykednick said - very good movie.  

Ever notice how movies that slam the media or Hollywood itself never seem to get a whole lot of marketing money behind them and wind up being sleepers even if they're really good?  The only exception I can think of is Die Hard, and that only because the cuts at the media - though as heavy handed as you can get - were only secondary to the action story.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2004, 09:51:44 PM »

SFW, Reese Witherspoon's first major movie (where she isn't playing a minor part).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  SFW « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.