Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:40:47 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It's Alive! and In the Year 2889 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Alive! and In the Year 2889  (Read 1566 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 16, 2004, 12:55:54 AM »

While playing with Jenna I was also watching this double feature.  Cannot honestly say that I probably missed very much, even with my attention divided.

"It's Alive!" is not the killer baby movie, but a Buchanan movie about a terrible man-in-a-suit living in a cavern.  However, the real monster is the psycho who lives in the woods and catches people to feed to his pet monster.  The creature looks like Kermit the Frog had sex with the Creature from the Haunted Sea.  The worst part is people talking, which happens A LOT.

I have not finished "In the Year 2889," but it is a remake of "Day the World Ended" for certain.  Old man and daughter in house that is protected from the nuclear war, two brothers stumble in (one fine, the other horribly contaminated), a floozy and her seedy beau, and already water has become a plot point.  I'm just going to wait and see if the mutant brother eats a rabbit.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:52:33 PM »

I dimly remember In the Year 2889 from my misspent youth.  Although I think it might be blurring together with Day the World Ended...   Which, when you think about it, isn't that surprising.

It's Alive I've seen only once.  Once is all you ever need see It's Alive.  It's like some Lovecraftian thing, prying upon your mind, devouring all thoughts until it alone remains.

Of course, that might be just me.

I don't care for It's Alive.  Parts of me is still watching the damn thing, and I know at least a year has come and gone since I watched it.  The whole flashback sequence...  the housekeeper...  Endlessly runnning...

I just don't understand why this movie hasn't been remade yet...

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 12:27:02 PM »

Was it,  Day the world ended, the one Best Brains did as a Live chat formet once?On an MST3K, it was.
They showed the flick, and the contributers lines were printed at the bottom of the screen. A good show, i thought.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 12:44:50 AM »

>Was it, Day the world ended, the one Best Brains did as a Live chat formet once?
>On an MST3K, it was.
>They showed the flick, and the contributers lines were printed at the bottom of the
>screen. A good show, i thought.

Are you referring to when SciFi took over MST3K and they opened the first one up to the fans so that you could see their comments live? (probably with a few second delay in case of swearing) I saw that, but at the time I didn't have an internet account that would let me participate. I remember at one point someone in the movie asked what had killed a person and someone typed the same thing I was thinking; The movie!
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 05:07:10 AM »

It's Alive--Tommy Kirk at his most desparate, worse than Mars Needs Women.  He must have been deep into blow or something to be this needy.  And yes, a chase scene that must have had some hidden significance, twas so damn loooooooooooooooooooooong.  
Interesting to note that Bill Thurman, the psycho hermit creature keeper, also appears in Steven Spielberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Zontar the Thing from Venus, The Eye Creatures, In the Year 2889, and the aforementioned Kirkian masterwork, Mars Needs Women.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Chris K.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 01:59:05 PM »

Bill Thurman also plays a local bartender in SILVERADO. He's the one who refuses to give Danny Glover a drink.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  It's Alive! and In the Year 2889 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.