Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:24:28 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats the best movie you seen filmed on home camera « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: whats the best movie you seen filmed on home camera  (Read 3517 times)
toxic avenger
« on: August 29, 2001, 09:20:37 PM »

Mine would probally have to be black devil doll from hell. A 80's movie about a rick james doll really really hilarious
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2001, 09:38:48 PM »

your grammar is superb.  Cannibal Campout looks like it was filmed on a video camera.  Something Weird Video has a series called shockers from the video underground or something that I've yet to check out.  Very cool beans.
AndyC
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2001, 09:52:33 PM »

My favourite homemade movie?

Actually, some classmates and I did a short no-budget slasher film as a high school english project in 1988. We called it 'Roger's Revenge." Roger, our addition to the pantheon of Jason, Freddy, Michael and such, was actually named after a real vagrant who occasionally set up housekeeping in the wooded area where we shot the movie. Everybody knew him.

A good deal of the movie was devoted to the group of rowdy teenage headbangers who will pay for their immoral behaviour. It's surprising that we could shoot three 17-year-olds drinking beer in the park during school hours, and nobody ever questioned whether it was real. It was real, and it was all on tape in front of the teacher.

One of the guys actually forgot we had english one morning, and didn't wear the same clothes. In mid chase, he switches from blue jeans and jacket to black jeans and overcoat. We decided the only thing we could do was have him act all freaked out about the sudden, unexplained transformation of his clothes.

I did a lot of the camera work, writing (what little there was) and editing, as well as playing all of the minor expendable characters.

We threw in a bunch of sick jokes, added a soundtrack by AC/DC and had a class favourite.

I still have it around somewhere, but I'd have to dig through a pile of tapes to find it.
toxic avenger
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2001, 10:03:05 PM »

Yeah the funny thing is i actually own cannibal campout. Funny but actually kinda bloody a superb B-movie.
toxic avenger
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2001, 10:06:05 PM »

Try to find it i would absolutely love to see it. Me and my brothers made a Maniac ripoff but did'nt turn out to good considering that we used a kodak camera. God i loved those days..
PoorLogic
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2001, 03:37:35 AM »

Black Devil Doll From Hell was a classic! I loved the musical score, I believe it was the demo button from a Casio keyboard, correct? I think it takes balls to have 15 minute opening credit scene.

I found a tape called "Tard Spasm" in which a punk band plays at a mentally handicap facility. After watching the tape, I knew my place in hell was reserved.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2001, 04:15:23 AM »

Ah, that would have to be MOONCHILD.

Actually, I don't think it was shot on home camera, but it was shot entirely on video.

MOONCHILD was made by Todd Sheets, apparently a filmmaker who's been doing the low-budget thing in Kansas City for quite a few years now.

For some unknown reason, my local library picked up this film.  At least that's how I got a hold of it.  It couldn't have been made for more than twenty thousand dollars, and that's stretching my imagination.  And talk about high concept!  In the future, the United States and Japan have teamed up into one nation.  They have also been trying genetic experiments, which have resulted in one werewolf, our hero, and his son.

The acting wasn't good, but it wasn't bad for what it was.  And the story did have some actual depth, even if the production values were thwarting it at every turn.

Besides, any movie that lets you know in its opening credits that it was based on the book of Mark, chapter 13 and the Iron Maiden song "Moonchild" deserves some attention.
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2001, 04:31:28 PM »

First of all, I can't beleive you own Cannibal Campout.  Someone here once commented favorably on the soundtrack!!!  I guess we remember what we consider to be important.  
2. What was Tard Spasm?  Was it real? Because I once saw a tape of The Cramps playing at a mental hospital that was totally incredible.   Crazy people getting onstage and howling into the mike.  All in all it wasn't that different from a regular punk show.
toxic avenger
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2001, 06:09:02 PM »

Cannibal campout is awesome it is so funny and good for a cheapie. Go to google and search for C.C and you'll find this site about it plays the music and is really really put together quite good.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  whats the best movie you seen filmed on home camera « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.