Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:54:40 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: There is still some good in the world « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OT: There is still some good in the world  (Read 873 times)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 19, 2004, 10:13:43 PM »

I just wanted to share this with everyone here...

I decided after my sister died to participate in my local Relay for Life - sponsored by the American Cancer Society. There is a 24 hour walk that will be going on in a few months, and I will be doing the entire 24 hours.

Here's the thing - I was worried I may not make enough money to participate (entry fee for a solo walker is $100.00). I asked people at my job to donate on Wednesday, and  by 5pm today, my coworkers raised over $300.00 for my entry fee.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the kindness that has been shown to me - and it serves to remind me that there is still good in the world. I think Kirsten would be happy to know that.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 11:13:58 PM »

That's really cool.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 02:34:26 AM »

You've probably helped others out as well.  Good luck with the Relay.

Jerold Wells from "Jabberwocky:"
"There's no good going around with a long face, is it?  I did for weeks and nearly starved, and then this morning I thought of this."

Post Edited (02-20-04 01:38)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: There is still some good in the world « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.