Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:56:21 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Passion of the Christ (spoilers, I guess, and the boat sinks in Titanic, too) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Passion of the Christ (spoilers, I guess, and the boat sinks in Titanic, too)  (Read 15916 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 12:54:04 AM »

I dig.  No harm, no foul, my good man.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 09:15:56 AM »

Dunkenstein was correct, it seems that someone did die while watching the film.  Seems that a woman in her late 50s  passed out while watching the crucifixion (sp?) scene in Kansas.  She was sent to the hospital where she died soon after.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 03:25:46 PM »

I have seen this confirmed too.  Heart attack, if memory serves.  Bummer.  Here come the fundies.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Eirik
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 08:02:51 PM »

I have seen this confirmed too. Heart attack, if memory serves. Bummer. Here come the fundies.

*****  Must have been that damn movie popcorn.  Widowmaker in a bucket it is.

Of course the condescending notion that Christians will come along and make some laughable attempt to read anything into the death is a little much too.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 08:08:19 PM »

Of course the condescending notion that Christians will come along and make some laughable attempt to read anything into the death is a little much too.

Amen

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 08:42:43 PM »

Ok, who wants to take bets on how long it will be until the first claim of a "miracle" is attributed to the movie?
gecko brothers
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 11:47:11 PM »

I am very much a fundy in the Christian belief. I don't really want to watch it because the ads seem to focus on the death. Which the story really was about. Also I have a question Kill Bill vol. 1 or The Passion which is more violent?
Susan
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2004, 12:39:47 AM »

>>Ok, who wants to take bets on how long it will be until the first claim of a "miracle" is attributed to the movie?
<<

You mean Gibson donating every penny and not taking any profit?
Now that WOULD be a miracle!

Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2004, 01:52:47 AM »

Haven't seen the movie yet, but have read many POTC posts on the IMDB board and some news boards. Here's what I've gathered.

If you DON'T like the film.....You're going to HELL!!

If you DO like the film.......You're going to HELL!!!

So far, haven't seen anything that states that by skipping the film you go to hell, so...I'm gonna give it a  miss, just to be on the safe side. However, my girlfriend wants to see it, so I'll just ask that she go alone, or with the kids, and then tell me about it later. If she wants to go to hell....that's her look out!

Also, I've found that when people are discussing any thing Biblical or Religion-based, their speech starts to take on the characteristics of the source material.

Example: people use "Let us".."Let us NOT"..."Are We Not..."..."Shall"..."Thou, Shalt"..."Smite/Smote".....etc. I'm not judging, I do the same thing when discussing Sling Blade.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2004, 12:02:01 PM »

I suppose it says something about my frame of reference that "Are we not..." doesn't make me think of the Bible so much as Devo. ;)

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Chris K.
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2004, 12:29:36 PM »

Susan wrote:

> You mean Gibson donating every penny and not taking any profit?
> Now that WOULD be a miracle!
>

If only this could be true, Susan then yes it would be a miracle. At this time, Mel hasn't said what he is going to do with the profits. After all, he said he made this film to clean his soul (i.e., he says he was depressed for 13 years and lived a "sinful" lifestyle) and get closer to religion, so it would be a good thing to donate his profits towards his church and such. And yet, Mel hasn't said anything about his share of the bread.

I wonder...
Chris K.
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2004, 01:00:44 PM »

Deej wrote:

> Haven't seen the movie yet, but have read many POTC posts on
> the IMDB board and some news boards. Here's what I've gathered.
>
> If you DON'T like the film.....You're going to HELL!!
>
> If you DO like the film.......You're going to HELL!!!

First off, Deej you have to take into account that the IMDB message boards are not as open-minded as say this forum. I have seen some of the posts on IMDB and they basically come off as "If you DON'T like the film...You're going to HELL!!" rather than "If you DO like the film...You're going to HELL!!". Not only that, but find one person there who has a negative comment on that board and you can expect the so-called "religious Christians" to start an argument. This is one of the reasons why I never attend the IMDB message boards; they are full of uptight asses who get p**sed if you like/dislike a film they like/dislike. When I had expressed my disappointmnet in THE MATRIX on the IMDB board, one guy claims that my opinion "was not vaild". This was obviously a guy who couldn't take a different viewpoint at all.

As for the film, I'm just going to judge it as a MOVIE! Movies can mean alot of things, but this particluar one has more to do with hype than meaning.

Also for another thought: It amazes me that church groups are handing out tickets to see this film, despite the large amount of bloodshed violence on Jesus, and yet THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST get's backlashed by these groups for the same reason. Hypocracy, or just personal taste issues?
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2004, 05:50:53 PM »

Vermin Boy wrote:

> I suppose it says something about my frame of reference that
> "Are we not..." doesn't make me think of the Bible so much as
> Devo. ;)
>

Thanks Vermin Boy. I'll have that song in my head all day. hmmmhmmm D-E-V-O..DAMMITT!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Chris K.
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2004, 12:09:02 AM »

I'm wondering to myself, I remember seeing THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST a while back and just loved it. Now I haven't seen THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST yet (I'm trying to get tickets), but I have a strange personal feeling that THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CHRIST will turn out to be better than THE PASSION OF THE CNRIST.

Am I alone on this? I could be.
Fluffy CatFood
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2004, 05:12:55 AM »

I keep imagining that the violence is going to be rather tame, mainly because I'm so used to watching violent movies.   I'm not really surprised that some lady died of a heart attack, this movie is obviously going to attract alot of people who are sheltered from this kind of movie violence, I mean a 50 year old woman, probably religious, no wonder it was so much for her to take. I imagine a lot of the viewers of this movie will be like that, I guess thats why it gets such controversy. I plan on seeing this because I read a review that says its pretty average and is really just Mel gibson being a pretentious Wanker.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Passion of the Christ (spoilers, I guess, and the boat sinks in Titanic, too) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.