Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:33:36 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just bought my first DVD! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: I just bought my first DVD!  (Read 15482 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2004, 08:41:48 AM »

JohnL, I hate to tell you but everyone on here is right.  You will now be addicted to buying DVDs.  My first DVD was a fantastic copy of Vampire Hunter D in all of it's glory.  It was like crack!  I immediatly went out and started buying DVDs.  Now I have close to 200 or so.

Jayson, you actually can't copy from most DVDs to VHS.  Trust me, I've tried.  What happens is that when you start to record, the color begins to fade in and out.  The picture will go from normal to black then normal to black.  Some type of copyright prevention stuff.  As for copying DVDs w/ a DVDR, there are some ways around it.  There is a protection code on the DVD that can be found fairly easily.  Look around the net.  I promise you'll find something very useful.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 09:57:36 AM »

I've had a DVD player for a couple of years, and I haven't gone on a hogwild buying spree; there are so few movies that I'll want to watch more than once, that I usually rent still.  ('Specially with those 2-for-1 Hollywood Video coupons.)

I usually only buy when I can't find it for rent, or when it's a kids' movie that my chilluns will watch forever.

(I've probably got about 70 or 80 DVDs, of which about fifty are screeners that were sent to me gratis.)
JohnL

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 12:34:59 AM »

>Jayson, you actually can't copy from most DVDs to VHS. Trust me, I've tried.
>What happens is that when you start to record, the color begins to fade in and
>out. The picture will go from normal to black then normal to black. Some type of
>copyright prevention stuff.

That's almost certainly caused by Macrovision. It doesn't work on all VCRs though. My friend has one that will make almost perfect copies of DVDs. On some, you can see the brightness change slightly every other minute or so, but it doesn't happen on all of them. The only real problem I noticed was that even if you're making a copy just for someone else to watch, you have to record it on SP as any other speed makes the picture jitter slightly, just enough to be annoying.
Rose
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2004, 08:44:55 PM »

Yea I have seen those movies bought some myself at a dollar store also. I have not opened mine yet. Are you having problems with yours?

Thanks Rose
JohnL

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2004, 09:46:58 PM »

>I have not opened mine yet. Are you having problems with yours?

If you're referring to me, I haven't opened it yet. I still don't have the system with the DVD drive set up yet.
James Butman
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2004, 03:30:04 PM »

I purchased 12 movies on CD's in a local $1.00 store.  I noticed like you that the
E-Mail address on the cover of the "Napoleon" CD was info@dollar-dvd.com
and I tried to get a connection over the internet and like you......no connection.
Do you know of any other one dollar CD places to get the movies on the internet?  I looked at several but they are on E-bay......I'm not interested in bidding on them.  I am only interested in purchasing them right there and then at the one dollar each.  
If the dollar stores can get them to sell for one dollar each, we should be abe to do just as well.  I am sure with the mark up..........the stores are paying something like 25 cents each.  When I worked for retail stores I was aware of the tripple mark up on things they purchased wholesale.  Even at half off they still made 100%.  If I get
any further news about getting the CD's for less (new) I will let you know.  Meanwhile lets keep looking.  Maybe you might get a connection before me.  Let me know.

Happy Hunting...............Jim

James Butman
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2004, 03:39:39 PM »

I wonder if I have Pirated CD's.........I purchased them at a one dollar store.
       On the  cover of the CD's there is a company listed.  I tried to get in contact
       with them but was not able to.  I wanted to get a catalog if they had one of
       the CD's they might be offereing for one dollar each.  Maybe you might be
       aware of the company.........E-mail address is.........Info@dollar-dvd.com

Have you found any other internet places where CD's can be purchased
       at the one dollar eac h?????    If you do let me know and I will keep you
       informed if I find out.

I have just purchased my first CD player.  It also records onto CD-RW
        disk's.  I'm trying to figure out how to get more then 80 min. on the recording
       time.

Keep in touch.......Jim
James Butman
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2004, 03:50:43 PM »

You mentioned about recording from VHS to CD and visa versa.....I just
     purchased a machine that does this.  I am recording right off the TNand
    making CD's of the movies.  I also ran a CD off and made a VHS from it.
    I purchased this from a company named.......TechnoScout.  I purchased
    this for $499.00.......I am just learning how to operate it.  So far I did make
    a movie onto a CD from television and I also made a recording onto a
    CD from a VHS of a movie I liked.  I am sending you the eight hundred
    number is case you might want to contact the company for a catalog.  

1-800-704-1210

The address for this company is..........TechnoScout
                                                                          1998 Ruffin Mill Road
                                                                          Colonial Heights, VA

I hope this might be of some insight and help to you.  Let me know what you
     think...............

Sincerely,  Jim
James Butmant
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2004, 04:00:10 PM »

I sent three messages so far trying to answer some of you.  Here is another
    one.  I have played the one dollar CD's that I purchased at the one dollar
    store.  They are playing great.  The quality is good on all of them so far.  The
   one's I have played are.........

The Last Man On Earth.........w/Vincent Price
     A Farewell To Arms...............w/ Gary Cooper
     Fighting Caravans..................w/Gary Cooper
     The Terror.................................w/Boris Karloff
     This Is The Army.....................w/Ronald Reagan
     Blood On The Sun..................w/James Cagney

The rest of the one dollar CD's I have not played yet.  I collect movies.  I have
     over 3500 recorded on VHS.....it takes up a lot of space.  So I am recording
    them........now..........onto CD's

Jim Butman
Foywonder
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2004, 12:59:41 AM »

My first DVD: KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE

I got things off to a great start!
Stephanie
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 07:11:57 PM »

I found a .99 cent store in LA, CA that sells DVD's for .99 cents.  From the classic tv shows, to the old time films, to the old time cartoons.  I'm talking old like from the 1930-40's to the 1970's...  You might want to check out your local .99 cent chain  store. Good Luck.... Or you can check out e-bay they have a lot of what you're looking for for just a couple more dollars...  James Butman wrote:

>
>
>
>         I wonder if I have Pirated CD's.........I purchased
> them at a one dollar store.
>        On the  cover of the CD's there is a company listed.  I
> tried to get in contact
>        with them but was not able to.  I wanted to get a
> catalog if they had one of
>        the CD's they might be offereing for one dollar each.
> Maybe you might be
>        aware of the company.........E-mail address
> is.........Info@dollar-dvd.com
>
>        Have you found any other internet places where CD's can
> be purchased
>        at the one dollar eac h?????    If you do let me know
> and I will keep you
>        informed if I find out.
>
>         I have just purchased my first CD player.  It also
> records onto CD-RW
>         disk's.  I'm trying to figure out how to get more then
> 80 min. on the recording
>        time.
>
>                                               Keep in
> touch.......Jim
Stephanie
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2004, 07:12:20 PM »

I found a .99 cent store in LA, CA that sells DVD's for .99 cents.  From the classic tv shows, to the old time films, to the old time cartoons.  I'm talking old like from the 1930-40's to the 1970's...  You might want to check out your local .99 cent chain  store. Good Luck.... Or you can check out e-bay they have a lot of what you're looking for for just a couple more dollars...  James Butman wrote:

>
>
>
>         I wonder if I have Pirated CD's.........I purchased
> them at a one dollar store.
>        On the  cover of the CD's there is a company listed.  I
> tried to get in contact
>        with them but was not able to.  I wanted to get a
> catalog if they had one of
>        the CD's they might be offereing for one dollar each.
> Maybe you might be
>        aware of the company.........E-mail address
> is.........Info@dollar-dvd.com
>
>        Have you found any other internet places where CD's can
> be purchased
>        at the one dollar eac h?????    If you do let me know
> and I will keep you
>        informed if I find out.
>
>         I have just purchased my first CD player.  It also
> records onto CD-RW
>         disk's.  I'm trying to figure out how to get more then
> 80 min. on the recording
>        time.
>
>                                               Keep in
> touch.......Jim
Ed
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 07:42:57 PM »

John, don't let 'em get to you.  I'm STILL DVD-free.  I use the computer to watch them, but no TV version.  I'm a late adopter of technology.  Plus, my wife and I have been on a huge no-debt trend for the last few years.  So I have a 13 inch computer monitor, no DVD, and outside of the house we don't owe a single soul a single cent.  
I think I'll take that trade anytime.  
Um, by the way if anyone has a flat screen LCD monitor they want to get rid of let me know, but QUIETLY :o).  
-Ed
JohnL

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2004, 10:29:09 AM »

>John, don't let 'em get to you. I'm STILL DVD-free.

I still only own two DVDs, Creature and another one from the same store with three episodes of the old show Tales of Tomorrow.
Ed
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2004, 02:49:36 PM »

I recall my first VHS was "Destroy All Monsters".  And I bought that late too, for a movie guy I just don't buy many films.
-Ed
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just bought my first DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.