Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:08:54 AM
713347 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just bought my first DVD! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: I just bought my first DVD!  (Read 15468 times)
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »

My first was The Terminator.  Taught me a valuable lesson:  Don't buy DVD's of movies you've seen so many times that you're completely sick of them.

Chrisb
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2004, 07:16:32 PM »

God, they've already stopped selling VCR's at Dixons and casettes are becoming scarce everywhere!
There's no way I can afford to update my huge collection of tapes now that the technology has become obsolete!

JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2004, 05:28:50 PM »

>God, they've already stopped selling VCR's at Dixons and casettes are
>becoming scarce everywhere!

Do you have a K-Mart in your area? Mine always has 10-packs of RCA tapes for $10.
Master Blaster
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2004, 06:04:54 PM »

On the plus side I keep coming across video stores selling their old VHS tapes for dirt cheap. I've picked up tons of cinematic gold for next to nothing. They got a copy of Zardoz and Bronx Warriors on the buy 2 get 1 free table at the video store just down the street, but I'm not sure if I have the stamina to handle Sean Connery in a woman's bathing suit for 90 minutes.
Debbie
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2004, 02:58:03 PM »

This weekend I was in a Party Dollar Store and saw the same DVD's for 99 cents so I bought 8 of them to give away at Christmas time.  I thought, 'what a great price for a cheap stocking stuffer'.  I also noticed there was an email address and it looked like there should be a  website since the email address had .com at the end, but I haven't been able to find it.  In fact,  when I was searching for the website, that was how I saw your message.  I wish I could find more of them for that price but I do think they are mostly 'B' movies although the old tv show ones are cool.
DMeeks
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2004, 11:28:45 AM »

I baught 5 at one of the local "Any Of This Junk For A Dollar" store and didn't even have plans to buy a dvd player at the time!  Now I have 8, but my wife came in from Wal Mart yesterday with a surprise replacement for our old VCR! Show me the popcorn!!
I am also looking for a website to order the dvd's for $1.  Any suggestions?
Menard
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:39 PM »

Howdy DMeeks,I have found the dollar DVDs at some of the following places:Dollar Discount: They have had single titles such as 'The Undertaker and His Pals', 'Fangs of the Living Dead' and some cool double-features such as Film Noir; Whistle Stop/Detour and War Movies; A Walk in the Sun/Go for Broke among others.Dollar Tree has mostly had single features and TV shows.Wal-mart has some dollar DVDs in slim snap cases that they usually keep by the registers or in video dump bins, where they usually put the budget DVDs. The brand on these is Digiview and are pretty good quality. They have a copy of 'The Satanic Rites of Dracula' in this line and the image quality is excellent. If you have kids or like cartoons yourself they have a boatload of cartoon DVDs in this line including Betty Boop, Bugs Bunny, and an animated Animal Farm.If you have a Target store in your area, they have been carrying dollar DVDs as well, although many of the same titles you may have already seen at the dollar stores. Their best selection was this past halloween when they had some double-feature dollar DVDs including The Giant Gila Monster/Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter and Nosferatu/Phantom of the Opera.The concept of online dollar DVDs runs into the problem of shipping costs making it no deal. Amazon.com does have a used/new section on each listing page where you can buy DVDs and VHS used and new from other sellers and can sometimes find quite a bargain. The shipping for each item from these sellers starts at $2.49 per item and there are no quantity shipping discounts even if all the DVDs came from the same seller.Dollar-DVDs does have a website; it is not the address listed on the package anymore but you may be able to find them with a google search. They only sell in bulk quantities.By the way, the double-feature DVDs from Target and Dollar Discount came from the same company which is PC Treasures Inc.Good HuntingBob

Sugar_Nads
« Reply #52 on: December 23, 2004, 11:31:39 PM »

No way! You scored Creature for a buck?! Boy do I feel ripped off. I paid $8.00 for mine.
Menard
« Reply #53 on: December 23, 2004, 11:59:24 PM »

Considering the quality of the copy of 'Creature' I got for a buck, don't feel ripped off.--Bob

michael abush
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2005, 02:28:20 PM »

could send me a book of all the movies that you have
please and thankyou

yours truly michael abush
stella
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2005, 05:24:08 PM »

I think they are fine for one dollar. Those who are born in the 80's obviously will not know what true classics are. Those born in the 90's won't either. But some of us folk that are 24 and up will know what classics are. The writing on some of them is wrong and the fact that some of them are color and they are not is ok by me. Who cares! they are collectibles anyhow. It is sad that cassettes are not being made any more and it is sad that vcr's are becoming scarce. Have fun with these. they are pretty cool for a buck! I have collected them all! Cool for kids too! Beats the new crap cartoons they have on tv now. Not American anymore on tv!!!!! Shame!
LEOMANNING
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2005, 06:48:11 AM »

I JUST BOUGH MY FIRST DVD AT THE DOLLAR STORE
Nancy
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2005, 01:58:13 PM »

Wow, I just love the cheesy horror dollar dvd's.  I am always looking through stacks of cheap dvd's to find the cheesy horror ones.  So far I have been able to find dollar dvd's @ Wal-Mart, Factory Card Outlet-yes! I actually found one entitled "Santa Clause saves Christmas from the Martians".  It was filmed in 1964 and Pia Zadora stars as the little girl martian-it is so pathetic and hilarious with the awful special effects! Any dollar store, even Walgreens is a good place to check every now and then. Another one that makes me laugh is "Bela Lugosi meets a Brooklyn gorilla".  Takes place in the jungle where Bela lives in a castle (cuz we all know that castles are in the jungle).  The pretend native language is hysterical in itself and they actually have the jall to put 2 characters in it that are obviously imitating Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis-and quite badly I might add.  Parts are just so ridiculous, like the fact that thenatives only eat bananas, that they show giraffes and lions running-cuz they live in the jungle too!  Anyway, wish I could find some online, happy hunting.
Dr.D
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2005, 11:56:07 AM »

I just bought 2 dvds from family dollar they were supose to be Chaplin Shorts Vol. 1 and  2  But  both have vol. 1 on them.  Their email address is info@Dollar-DVD.  Now I can't even get in touch with them,  Maybe tthoose dollar DVDs arn't such a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bill
« Reply #59 on: May 03, 2005, 11:22:32 PM »

In my search for $ dvd's, I found the e-mail address for Empire DVD's that produce the $ dvd's for the Family Dollar Stores. The address is info@dvdempire.com. The only problem getting the $ dvd's for a dollar is purchasing enough dvd's to make it worth their while to sell them at a reduced rate! I'm sure the Family Dollar Stores buy 1,000's at a time. If you really want to buy $ dvd's you will have to form a group of buyers, with enough $'s, to buy the way Family Dollar does. You will need a negotiator to contact Empire DVD's, that is experienced enough, to get the titles you want at the price you want. Keep in mind, Empire may only have certain dvd's that they are willing to release for a $ each and only on a cntract basis. Also, keep in mind, these dvd's may be older releases and second or third rate movies that may have been legends in their time! If your negotiator is good, they may be able to get Empire to include or update some dvd's to 1st. class releases!! Whatever you choose to do, good luck with your endeavor.

Sincerely,
                                                                               Bill
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  I just bought my first DVD! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.