Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:45:09 AM
714311 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mom and Dad Save the World « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mom and Dad Save the World  (Read 1652 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 27, 2004, 09:48:07 AM »

All hail Emperor Tod!

This movie just barely missed where it needed to hit to be a real cult film, but it certainly has some good parts.  The killer mushrooms were grand, as were a few other slightly subtle jokes.  However, most of the time the slapstick was right in your face.  Here, I'm funny!

By far the best part was the light grenade.  I still get a chuckle out of that.

Also, I have to say, the special effects were often pretty darn cool.  I mean, for a film like this.  They gave a really good effort with the costumes too.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 12:38:13 PM »

.  .  .  .  I really like this film.  Reminds me of the other film that came out about the same time, about two kids getting sucked into TV through a GIANT dish in the backyard, cause the dad bought a remote control from Satan (both are mainstream titles) [it's called "Stay Tuned" and stars the same Jeff Jones as Satan].  Teri Garr (it was cool to see her in the film, cause of her "Young Frankenstein" roots) and Jeffrey "I never touched that child" Jones are both great, but John Lovitz and Eric Idle steal the movie (it's called, "ACTING!" [Lovitz 'th'espian character from SNL]).  I know it's "over-the-top" but I think it helps, different strokes for different folks, I guess.  Perhaps watching "Spaceballs" after this would really be fun?  No real insight cause I haven't seen it in years.
.  .  .  .  btw, Muttonchops, or Gotee?

Post Edited (02-27-04 22:39)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:31:23 PM »

MOM AND DAD SAVE THE WORLD is alot of fun especially Jon Lovitz. The film kinda reminds me of LITTLE NICKY. Both of which I like. Maybe throw in CABIN BOY as well.

JohnL

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 09:46:21 PM »

>By far the best part was the light grenade. I still get a chuckle out of that.

That was one of my facorite scenes too.

"Open my pants."
"He DOES know father!"
Tilebreaker
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 02:32:31 AM »

Remember the Sci-fi spoof "galaxy quest"  recycled the; somethine cute and cuddly becomes violent, joke. So someone, somewhere must have been a fan of it.

as for the light grenade. I was 10mins late to meet friends for lunch, just so I could watch that scene,
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 10:14:36 PM »

Haven't seen this movie in years. Real shame as it is quite an enjoyable bit of oddness.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Derf
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 10:12:48 AM »

I love this movie! I finally found it on vhs (it apparently isn't being released on dvd) and forced my wife to watch it. She enjoyed it as well, but she didn't want to admit it since this was one of "my" movies. I still will occasionally give her a big, wet kiss, smack my lips, and say (per Tod) "You're welcome!"

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Mom and Dad Save the World « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.