Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:16:43 PM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This Weeks Films « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Weeks Films  (Read 2778 times)
Scott
« on: September 01, 2001, 12:46:43 PM »

These are films based on those listed this week on the TV listing page:

The Phantom of the Opera (1962) - This Hammer production I believe this is my favorite film version of this story. I taped it last night and only remember seeing it when very young.

Equinox - I must see this film because I have read many good post in the past about this film. I'm looking forward to it.

Bwana Devil - Sounds like a good one. I haven't seen it as far as I can recall. Someone give me alittle info on this one please.

The Adromeda Strain - Well Andrew said this one is like watching paint dry, but I see I have another chance to catch this film on TV this week and hopefully tape it.

The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977) - I actually like this film with Burt Lancaster. Actually I liked all three version that have been made.

Night of the  Creeps - This film sounds like a copy of SHIVERS which I was acouple weeks ago. Maybe I'll watch it. I liked SHIVERS.

Freeway II - The box always catches my eye at the videostore. I've never seen these films (I &II). Are they interesting?

Idle Hands - Is this movie any good? I've also seen it on the store shelf.

Candyman (the day of the dead) - Tell me something about this film? Just another film?

Fantastic Voyage - Phew, I have much trouble sitting thru this film today. Even though I've seen the whole film when younger.

The Land that Time Forgot - I just don't like dinosaur movies.

Frogs - I'm glad to have seen this film, but I'm sure it WILL be the last time.

Tentacles - Seen a glimpe of this last night.. Is it an Italian film? It was strange, but rated in the league of Frogs.
Steve.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2001, 01:01:13 PM »

BWANA DEVIL was the first 3-D film - that is it's sole reason for existing - the running time of less than 80 mins tells you all you need to know. I presume the CANDYMAN referred to is part 3 - I haven't seen it, but if it's as bad as part 2 - I don't want to. IDLE HANDS is better than it sounds - it's a SCREAM-style take on "one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing".
Deena
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2001, 05:37:41 PM »

i've seen Freeway 1, it's pretty good.  I really liked it.  I almost rented Frogs this weekend, I opted for renting the Willies instead.  Is it worth renting?
Scott Davis
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2001, 06:41:06 PM »

Wow, out of the 13 movies listed there I'ce only seen 2 of them.

Idle Hands - I thought this was great little horror/comedy. Devon Sawa is really good in it.

4 / 5 stars.

Candyman 3: Day of the Dead -  I only rented this cause I'm a fan of Tony Todd. If they want Candyman to be a horror franchise they need to add some blood to it. I know Donna D'Errico, baywatch bimbo, is in it but I can't remember if she shows any skin.

2.5 / 5 Stars
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2001, 09:41:35 PM »

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS is exactly nothing like SHIVERS.  It's pretty entertaining in its own little way, but it's clearly a simple-minded eighties teen horror flick.  Stars Rusty from NATIONAL LAMPOON'S EUROPEAN  VACATION.

FREEWAY is a fantastic movie.  A very twisted update of Little Red Riding Hood that works on a surprising number of levels.  One of Reese Witherspoon's earlier movies, and to me her breakaway hit.

FREEWAY II on the other hand is just screwed up.  Nominally an update on Hansel & Gretel, it takes the twisted fairy tale idea from its predecessor, but retains none of the artistry (or entertainment).  Starts out bad and goes down from there.  Wait until you find out what the movie's actually about.  Get's high marks from me for being one of the most messed up movies ever made, but that's about it.

IDLE HANDS is a good, old-fashioned, tongue-in-cheek gore-fest.

CANDYMAN: DAY OF THE DEAD.  Donna D'Errico doesn't get naked.  What's the point?  (Okay, that sounds kind of harsh.  She does wear a very tight top for most of the movie.)
Chadzilla
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2001, 01:58:54 AM »

Yeah, it's eye-talian and it should have stayed over there to.  One slime.
Andrew
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2001, 08:45:41 AM »

I find Day of the Animals is a film with more entertainment than "Frog," though the latter has some good points.  First off, frogs don't kill anybody!  (Unless you count heart attacks.)  Secondly, there is a great scene with a snake on a chandelier, but a rational person will never figure out how the snake got on the chandelier.

Andrew
Scott
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2001, 09:42:02 AM »

Ok, well I will definately put FREEWAY and IDLE HANDS on my to rent list or try to tape them this week.

I forgot to mention the  ABBOTT and COSTELLO and the GODZILLA movies playing this week. I can watch them 100 time over and still enjoy them. GODZILLA is the only dinosaur movie I can watch, but I don't count GODZILLA as being a dinosaur somehow.

Deena FROGS is worth watching once.

Maybe I'll also catch NIGHT OF THE CREEPS.
Chris1
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2001, 12:11:27 AM »

I have seen Freeway 2  on HBO like the first one and it's not  ever come close to the first one I can't understand why a good comedian like David Allen Grier from In Living Color wanted to star in this crappy movie. As for Candyman1,2,and 3 and Idle Hands  in my opinian I didn't like all of them only Night Of The Creeps I like a little GOING I FORGOT MILES PER HOUR SCREAMING LIKE BANSHEES! SCREAMING LIKE BANSHEES!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  This Weeks Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.