Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:10:47 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Strange Days « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Strange Days  (Read 2953 times)
The Bard
« on: September 01, 2001, 08:31:02 PM »

Anyone manage to catch this flop? It's actually really good. I was just setting in to fall asleep when I flipped it on and stayed up for the rest of it. It's a weird dark look at the year 2000 from the year 1994 or 95. I always have trouble explaining movies without ruining any of the plot. Trust me,you get a chance see it.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2001, 09:30:10 PM »

I enjoyed STRANGE DAYS quite a bit.  Ambitious movie, too bad nobody jumped on board.

Too bad it suffers from the same problem as most movies set in the near future.  It dates itself prematurely.  I don't think it's ever really going to gain a greater audience than it currently enjoys.

Too bad the millenium passed.  I think "end of the world" movies are going to go out of style.
me
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2001, 10:11:23 AM »

Strange Days wasn't really an "end of the world" movie... there was no apocalyptic rapture expected, or recieved. The movie was about something completely different.
BTW, I think it was made in 94- James Cameron had expected it to date itself.
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2001, 04:53:54 PM »

Thinking back to it,you might get the idea that it was an apocolaytic movie if you didn't see all of it. Every 5 minutes someone is saying that the end of the world is coming with the year 2000.

So this was before Cameron did Craptanic. Cool.
Chris1
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2001, 10:10:40 PM »

I saw the preview years back at the and thought wow now that going to be a good movie. Then I saw it on HBO and it wasn't very good the one  part  I liked was the being when the hero gave people those camera things to film stuff and gave one to a manand two women that's one of some parts I like in the movie.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2001, 12:40:21 AM »

Nah, I wasn't saying that STRANGE DAYS was an "end-of-the-world" movie.  It did deal with apocalyptic fever, but if you follow the symbolism (which was pretty blatant), it ends up being an affirmation of the world.

What I was saying is that I don't think we'll be seeing to many end-of-the-world movies or post-apocalyptic dramas anymore.  The western millenium passed and nothing happened.

It's too bad, because I had a really cool idea about the Lovecraft mythos.
Nathan
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2001, 10:32:12 AM »

Checking in late for some shameless self-promotion:

http://www.coldfusionvideo.com/s/strangedays.html

Nathan
Mech
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2001, 12:08:15 AM »

That is the longest movie review I've ever read... I think I could've seen the entire movie in less time than it took to read it! :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Strange Days « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.