Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:13:46 PM
714377 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Coffee Anyone? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: OT: Coffee Anyone?  (Read 10448 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 05, 2004, 08:53:53 AM »

So who else works out in the everyday ratrace and loves coffee? Who is addicted to it and relies on it to exist? I know i do! I'm sure all those out there who work office-like jobs know what I'm talking about ! In fact I'm drinking some right now.

In fact I drink coffee everyday, even if it's s**tty coffee, hey it's better than none. If I was a political prisoner in South America I think I would ask the non-english speaking guard beating me if my ragged body could atleast have some coffee.

That's how addicted I am! And it feels great.

ps-fighter pilots make the crappiest coffee.
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 08:57:34 AM »

Right on Chopper!

I work as technical support for an ISP.  Basically I sit and take phone calls from the computer illiterate.  I have to be in the office at 7:30 each morning and am the only one here until 9 when the main office opens up.  You can only imagine the boredom and the lethargy that comes with it.

That's when my pal coffee comes to the rescue.  I usually drink anywhere from half a pot to a full pot a day.  Once I'm done with the coffee sometime around 12, I switch over to bottled water.  Usually about a liter of that a day.  

Taking anywhere from 150-200 phone calls a day makes one thirsty.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Blankman
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 09:24:29 AM »

To start my day of selling advertising, I have a Red Bull mixed with  Lo-Carb Monster.

Now THAT'LL get 'em pepped!
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2004, 09:59:37 AM »

Can't make it through the day otherwise. Coffee is a beautiful thing!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 11:45:08 AM »

HAHA Sweet. that's nice to know comrade. it's good you rehydrate, you don't want to your kidneys to collape. which reminds me, anyone know a good black market dealer where i can buy some new ones!?
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2004, 11:45:50 AM »

Never had red bull, my buddy told me it tasted like cough syrup. True?
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 11:46:06 AM »

For some reason, I've never gotten into coffee. Soda's my poison; Code Red has saved my life many a time.

My dad, on the other hand, is a raging coffee fiend, especially Dunkin' Donuts' iced coffee. I swear he's got an internal map of every Dunkin' Donuts in the state, complete with hours of operation and what you have to tell them to get a coffee the way he likes it.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 11:52:31 AM »

True I imagine you need a lot for all that ass whupping you do! nah j/k man. I need it to get through my day also, if you only saw my monotonous daily routine. i can't wait until one glorious day when i have a job where i can use my creativity and brain! that's gonna be nice. in fact i think i'm gonna get my PhD and teach psychos in prison how to fingerpaint!

come on neurotransmitters, move, quicker!! MOVE! (referring to the caffeine that's currently effecting my brain).
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 11:53:25 AM »

Dunkin Donuts coffee is the absolute best.  There is one directly beside my office, within walking distance and it is so freakin hard not to go buy "THE GREAT ONE" every single day.  Usually I'm just subjected to office coffee.  Oh well.

As for Red Bull, the taste isn't that great but you do get used to it.  A much better substitute is the Mountain Dew version - AMP.  Great stuff.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2004, 01:25:33 PM »

if you guys have ever seen the cult film Eraserhead, Jack Nance, the guy who played the main disturbed character died at a dunken doughnuts. i heard some punk ass teenager punched him in the head, he was also in his later years which didn't help. how sucky is that!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2004, 01:50:59 PM »

I admin a Linux server hosting about a dozen web sites and several hundred email accounts across a dozen or so domains.  Sometimes I face a head scratcher and it would be nice to have someone to bounce ideas off.

;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2004, 01:59:32 PM »

I drink a LOT of coffee, but in recent years (alas) have switched to decaf.  I was a 1-2 pot a day drinker (at least) for most of my professional life.  About six years ago, I realized the caffeine was contributing to a generally stressed out attitude and poor sleep.

Drank 50-50 regular-decaf mix for four or five years, and about a year ago, went straight decaf.  Still drink a lot of coffee, but I feel much better.

I have come to really prefer perked coffee over drip coffee.  I have a stainless steel camping percolator that I use daily (multiple times daily); it's more work, but  the flavor is worth it.  We grind beans and rarely buy already ground coffee.

For a couple of years, we belonged to Gevalia, a 'mail order' coffee club of sorts.  They have some good coffees, dudes, and I am not talking about Chick coffee like French Vanilla .  It's pricey, which is why we had to drop it, but if you have a few bucks and want to try some other stuff, check 'em out.

I guess with the last two paragraphs, I'd have to categorize myself as a 'coffee snob.'  But really, we typically buy the cheapo Food Lion brand beans, grind 'em and perk em.  Nothin' fancy.

But yeah, I dig coffee.  Especially when elbow deep in Assembly Code at 3 am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2004, 02:33:46 PM »

yeah i can't say i'm a "coffee snob" persay. i guess i'm more of the blue collar coffee type.  hehe.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2004, 02:35:36 PM »

My god, how the hell do you adults drink that stuff? Not only coffee but alcohale also. I mean when I smell beer I almost throw up, I can't imagine putting it down my throat. Anyway coffee. No I don't drink coffee. Ever since a few years ago I pulled a pitcher out of the frige and saw some dark liquid in it. I figured it was dark juice so I poured some into a glass. When I took a sip of it I spat it out into the sink gagging. My mom looks into the pitcher and says "Oh, I was wondering where I put the coffee". So yeah how on earth can you adults put that awful tasting stuff in you guts? I drink tea! HMMM tea! Nice and healthy, tastes good, and helps when I have a cold. Since when has coffee made you feel better when you had a sore throat hmmm? Put I do like the smell of coffee, it's just the taste I hate.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2004, 02:36:50 PM »

Ulthar,

Just the basic stuff.  Dial up issues/DSL and Satellite connection issues.  I also do a little bit of the network tech stuff here as well, so if you ever have a question let me know.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Coffee Anyone? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.