Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:08:12 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  one very bad movie I'm surprised is not reviewed here « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: one very bad movie I'm surprised is not reviewed here  (Read 6040 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2004, 09:23:45 AM »

This movie is a hoot ! Especially  Jim Brown and  Tom  Jones . I love it when Jones turns around and his backup singers have been replaced with Martians, and who wouldn't like to see the Congress all get toasted.

This movie was actually based on a series of  Topps bubble gum trading cards from the 50's or 60's.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2004, 09:58:39 AM »

Hmmm...could be.  But I got several emails off-forum from Wyred defending his position.  Seems Wyred really did not like this movie to me.

No biggie either way.  I liked it and will watch it again.  Wyred did not, and probably will not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004, 12:48:23 PM »

He's definitely right about Daredevil and Charlie's Angels, though....
Anonymous User
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2004, 01:28:45 PM »

It's all been said pretty much, but I liked the movie and all of the "flaws" Wyred points out only make it better for me. To each his own.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2004, 03:14:35 PM »

I'm guessing Wyred didn't like Blazing Saddles, either.  I mean, none of the stuff in that movie could have happened.  Native Americans did not, for instance, speak German.

Someone, lend that guy a sense of humor.  For the love of GOD.  Why would anyone take the film that seriously.  I bet Wyred can't see the humor in the old Batman series, either.  He sits, watching it going "This is such horrible fight coreography.  That death-trap would never work!!  It's unscientific.  Hey!  The word 'zap' doesn't appear out of nowhere when you hit someone!  Even if it did, it's a bad sound effect for a kick!"

Parodies are immune to the usual constraints of science.  If we required from parodies the same things we required of more serious films, we would not have most of Mel Brooks work.  We would be missing Airplane, and The  Naked Gun.

I like parodies.  Mars Attacks is a parody.  If you don't like parodies, say "I don't like parodies."  Don't try to justify your arguement.  It's like trying to justify the statement "I don't like the color blue."  It's opinion.  Everything you're complaining about is simply a feature of the greater genera (Parodies).  Also, don't try to watch History of the World part 1 - there are anachronisms galore in that film, and we all know anachronisms are unscientific.

For the record - I liked Daredevil (comic book physics are cool), thought Pitch Black was a great film for a variety of reasons (but mainly because it succeeded in entertaining me), and My Blue Heaven is one of my all-time favorite comedies.  Steve Martin is a genius, and Rick Moranins is just plain funny.

Oh, yeah - and I like the old Batman series, especially the movie.  It's just plain hilarious, and so is Mars Attacks.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 07:40:45 PM »

Sigh. Sometimes when you're out on a limb, it breaks off. Such is life.

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 09:59:38 PM »

.  .  .  .  Yeah Mr. Brooks, Native Americans speak Japanese, dummie (Alferd Packard: The Musical)!  
.  .  .  .  I think the point of the post was to see if anyone else agreed with WyreWizard, not so everyone could lecture about how WyreWizard "missed the point of the film."  I'm quite stupid so I didn't know about any imperfections, but hey, I get mad anytime a character is a photographer and they get some stupid fact wrong about that.
.  .  .  .  btw, I agree that My Blue Heaven is a great film.
.  .  .  .  But WyreWizard is right that everyone, and I mean everyone, top-tiered scientist or unknowledgeable baby knows that, THERE IS NO LIFE ON MARS!.   Every self-respecting UFoligist knows this, as well.  I mean, come on , it's soo obvious.   The Martians left Mars, to go live on Nuburu.
JohnL

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2004, 04:57:37 AM »

>But I got several emails off-forum from Wyred defending his position.

I feel left out, I only got one. I replied to it and everything...
Flangepart

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2004, 01:16:01 PM »

Nuburu? Did the Martians leave a forwarding address? They better have...i gotta ton of used Slim Wittman cd's  the Venusians ordered shipped there, C.O.D.!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2004, 02:54:03 AM »

"They better have...i gotta ton of used Slim Wittman cd's the Venusians ordered shipped there, C.O.D.!"

.  .  .  .  Actually the in-Martians prefer cart's for some reason.

from Night of the Big Heat (Christopher Lee as Godfrey Hanson and, I don't know the other person's name, so here's my guess, William Lucas as Ken Stanley):
GH:  Quite obvious isn't it?  They must've honed in on your scanner.  Look, these beings are composed of High Frequency impulses, in heat form.  They transfer from one place to another like any form of High Frequency does.  In fact, they transfered on to this planet, like, uh, television picture does, from a transmitter to a reciever.  ...[Elapsed time].
KS:  Do you realize what you're saying?  The Earth's surface is literally dotted with scanners: TV scanners, radar scanners.  If these beings succeed, they'll heat up the whole surface.  Earth will be just another hot planet!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  one very bad movie I'm surprised is not reviewed here « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.