Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:02:40 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Curse of the Crying Woman (1961) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Curse of the Crying Woman (1961)  (Read 889 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: March 09, 2004, 12:52:45 AM »

THE CURSE OF THE CRYING WOMAN (1961) - This is one of the top three Mexican horror films that I have ever saw. Wow, atmophere, fog, lighting, direction all great in this one of a kind horror film.  There were two scenes that truely sent a shiver up my spine while watching and that hasn't happened in many years. One scene were the woman looks into a mirror is to much. The strange part is that I knew it was coming and it was still very shocking. Another was the flying thing as it swings up towards you. Phew ! Also the opening scene with the carriage and the 3 dobermans and the black eye sockets. They just had a way of making many of the scenes shocking with the music and the sudden images. All of this coming from a 1961 horror film from Mexico. Well, I can't say enough good things about this one and I picked it up for $3.99 at a local store. Distributed by Telefilms International.

lester1/2jr
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 08:03:22 PM »

that looks dope.  I can't beleive you got it that cheap
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 06:35:11 PM »

Yep, and Telefilms has a decent copy as well. Don't be fool by the rather dull cover image on the DVD box. I can't even filnd the Telefilm company on the internet to see how much or how many more Mexican films they have.
Here is the address on the back of the box:

Beverly Wilshire Filmworks/Telefilms International
P.O Box 111, Prince Street Station
New York City

Phone # 1-888-CDS-DUPE

Also:

Stone River Studios
Stone River Valley
New York

Maybe I'll call and get a catalog if they have one.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Curse of the Crying Woman (1961) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.