Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:37:46 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: What's your favorite type of weather « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT: What's your favorite type of weather  (Read 5043 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 09, 2004, 03:08:01 PM »

As I'm sitting here typeing this I can look out the window and see the school's bright green front yard. There arn't very many clouds in the sky and it's sunny and quite warm. After about 7 months of rain (and a very rare surprize apperiance of snow) It would seem that Spring is finally here. I love the sunny days here in Oregon because after all the rain the plants are well feed and green that with the bright hot sunny days, the place looks gorgious. I like spring and all but I think I like summer more. No school is part of it but I like summer more because it's sunnier and hotter than Spring and since there's no school I have more time to view the day in the morning and noon. Unlike spring where I can only watch it on afternoons and weekends. Yet it seems like my brother is in a happier mood during Fall and Winter when it's raining. So what's everybody elses favorite type of weather?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 03:46:24 PM »

Definitely summer. I like a day that is sunny and just a little on the hot side, and nights that are pleasantly cool but warm enough to sleep with a window open.

I have a love-hate relationship with March. It's the month when spring arrives, but it's also the month anything can happen. We've had a nice thaw, and today is sunny, but around here, the temperature could drop to -10 C for a week, we could get a load of heavy wet snow or freezing rain. We could also have a few days of almost t-shirt weather, but always winter is too close for comfort. I'll be happier when we're into April.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
raj

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 03:48:25 PM »

All types.  One thing I hated about living in the south (South Carolina) was that there was no winter, and barely any fall.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:39:21 PM »

New Mexico

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 09:39:34 PM »

I'm not super picky about weather but saying that I do have preferances. I like it to be about 65-70 degrees, clear and a light breaze.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »

.  .  .  .  I hate late summer/spring/fall afternoons when the sun is shining.  Shadow imprints of the trees, as heat and wind embrace.  It's a little depressing.  (That commercial with "The Cure"-type music was playing).
.  .  .  .  I used to love walking along the traintracks during a rain event.  Warm summer nights are great, I used to sit outside, or sneak around.  It has more to do with my mood, or where I'm at, than a universal application.  Summer awakens me, but I'm more comfortable in cold than heat (i.e. obesity).
.  .  .  .  Didn't the south just get a lot a snow, comparibly, this year?
.  .  .  .  OT:  But, is it just me, or is Oregon going to boom with indee horror soon, thanks to "El Teamo Supremo?"  (The Evilmaker films [have seen, and own 1 & 2] are refreshing, and remind me of Phantasm).

from Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (Robin Stille as Babs Peterson and Michael Sonye voicing Uncle Impie):
BP:  She's dead!  Did you hear that!  We can beat you!
UI:  What do I care?  You're gonna take her place.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 10:49:53 PM »

I don't think New Mexico is weather, Freep.  
As for nights, the warm summer ones are the best.  During the day, I prefer what has come to be known between my friends and I as "Pure Rock Fury" weather, named after the cover picture on the Clutch album of the same name, overcast and gray, preferably with those big, rolling clouds that look like they could dump a million gallons of rain or sprout a tornado at any time.
Oh, and cool to cold.  As in anything above 70 is too damn hot.

Brother R

Post Edited (03-09-04 21:50)

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 11:45:04 PM »

I don't think New Mexico is weather, Freep.

Yeah it is.,. trust me.  I have several favorite  types of weather, all of them found in New Mexico

Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 12:09:03 AM »

pouring rain. the sound puts me right to sleep every time - extremely relaxing.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Tilebreaker
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2004, 02:18:25 AM »

Hail, which we don't get here often.

it all started back in New Mexico, when we were hiking. the Temperature dropped, and it became very chilly. Then dark clouds came in, there was some thunder, and then hail. We began running down the trail with our backbacks trying to get out of the clearing and into the woods.  We stood there under a big pine tree, which is not a wise thing to do when there's lightning, dropped our packs and waited it out.  Offhand i'd say it was probably dime-sized.  Since then i've loved hail, and everytime the weather report says "hail sighting" I look for it.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2004, 02:21:07 AM »

We get hail here in Iowa pretty often.  It's more fun when it happens during the summer, because instead of dark clouds, the sky will turn either green, a sickly uriney yellow, or a really bizarre shade of pink.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2004, 02:36:57 AM »

I am sitting here typing this in the heat of my apartment. Today it was 90 degrees. Last week it was cold and we had a killer hail and rain storm. Something that never happens in Phoenix, Az.  I happen to be a fan of thunderstorms myself. Now since winter seems to be in the past here. I will now start looking forward to the monsoons.
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2004, 07:36:50 AM »

We get hail here in Iowa pretty often.

FWIW, I've been in Iowa since early December and the only day I can remember liking the weather was Monday

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2004, 01:25:39 PM »

Sunny and in the 80s with low humidity.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2004, 02:24:08 PM »

Oh, whine whine whine ;)  Durn for'ners can't take a little cold.  Actually, this is the first time in about three years that winter has actually been wintery here.  But now that spring has sprung, it'll get all hot and muggy and gross, and I'm sure you'll love it.
And what does FWIW mean?

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: What's your favorite type of weather « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.