Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:37:27 PM
714319 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Andromeda Strain... anything worse? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Andromeda Strain... anything worse?  (Read 4454 times)
me
« on: September 03, 2001, 05:38:19 PM »

It seems the entire movie ("Andromeda Strain") was filmed in a laboratory, and all the characters did were toss numbers back and forth...
There was NO action, NO suspense- it was just nerds and numbers...

Which leads me to my question:
Is there any movie more boring than the "Andromeda Strain"?
N. E. Moses
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2001, 10:36:39 PM »

Every kid-based movie (with exception to Home Alone)
Most Disney movies
Edward Scissorhands.
N. E. Moses
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2001, 10:54:04 PM »

...and one more thing--any movie starring Pauley Shore
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2001, 01:26:43 PM »

STAR BORES
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2001, 01:44:09 PM »

pretty much every science fiction movie is just as bad
Chris1
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2001, 09:20:58 PM »

What do you have against Star Wars Steve ?  Lester1/2jr  not all science fiction movies are boring. But what do you expect young people go figure.
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2001, 11:22:40 AM »

I like the Strain, and i think it may be a differance of method. I was yound when it first came out, and i got lost in comprehension at the time. I guess it was too subtle for my level of life experiance then. Now, i see the concept as one of the fun parts of the story. Its a "Science procedural", in that it show how human genius and imperfection cause and, inadvertanly, survive a problim of man's(partial) makeing. The screwups are part of the tension in the plot. Political decisions, medical methodology, and to me, the sence of wonder the science team express at this totaly new life form. And, i like the fact they did NOT waste time with a "Romantic Subplot". Who needs it? The race to prevent a space born plague is enough in my book! I'd say, give it a few years, and give it a chance later. Maby it could grow on you.
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2001, 02:21:44 PM »

The science fiction plot.  If___ keeps happening then in the future we will all be like the Apes/robots/Zombies in this movie.
Steve.
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2001, 04:07:25 PM »

Sorry, Chris1, I would have replied earlier, but I fell asleep whilst watching some sci-fi flick. Only joking - you obviously like it.  Star Wars is derivitive and far too conventional for my taste.
Chadzilla
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2001, 04:23:50 PM »

Well, I liked it and I even saw it when I was a kid.  Michael Crichton's novel is a darn good read as well, he saw the whole virus scare about twenty or so years before it hit big (the novel was published in 1969, I believe, and the film adaptation came out in 1970).  There's a special edition DVD coming out sometime in the future.  That should prove interesting, at least for those of us who don't mind intelligent, character oriented, and fairly accurate science based movies.  

I really liked the part where Andromeda mutates yet again and dissolves the pilot when he flies through the hot zone and how the crying baby and elderly man survived their exposure to Andromeda for reasons so simple that they are overlooked entirely at first (this happens quite often in medical research and forensic investigation).

Damn, now I want to rent it again.  Just as long as it's letterboxed.
Chadzilla
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2001, 04:27:29 PM »

...and his reasons reminded me of why I hated westerns so much growing up.

"Smelly guys on horses shooting each other."

Then I saw Once Upon A Time in the West and it all changed for me.
Flangepart
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2001, 05:23:13 PM »

Which proves agine, my dear Chadzilla, its all in the writeing. Okey, and the acting and filming...but it starts with the writing! How many movies/shows treat the audience as they had a modicum of education and intelligence?
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2001, 09:24:06 PM »

"Gladiator" was good but it totally reminded me of John Wayne's oevre.  Smelliness is next to godliness for them.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Andromeda Strain... anything worse? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.