Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:26:56 AM
714235 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Commentarys « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best Commentarys  (Read 10299 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 06:09:36 PM »

I dig all the commentaries...but I have to say Barry Sonnenfeld on MIBII was a bit annoying and the bit about M. Night Sham-whatever was agonizing on Signs; you'd have thought the guy invented water or something.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 11:31:12 PM »

.  .  .  .  The commentary for Carnivore (2000) was great. 8-->{
.  .  .  .  I'm fond of Basket Case and Brain Damage commentary's (sorely missing a Frankenhooker CT), and I'll third the Evil Dead and bootleg Army of Darkness (Love the [approx.] "... but I, I've always wanted to see nake, naked women, being whipped by skelet, skeleton's..." part).  The editors' track off Citizen Toxie, is really funny.  Phantasm and Killer Klowns from Outer Space are also real gems to listen to.  I would really like to check out Joe Bob's CT's.
.  .  .  .  The Cannibal! The Musical track was great, too, as mentioned.  It was funny to hear Matt get really p.o-ed at the end.

Post Edited (03-12-04 01:31)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 11:38:53 PM »

How'd I forget bout the Joe Bob commentaries for Elite?  Those are great, the third one comes out in April!
I thought the commentary, along with all the other features on the Carnivore DVD, were inaccessible and just on the back cover to get people to buy it?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 11:59:28 PM »

Ooh-- What movie's he doing in April? Loved the Jesse James vs. Frankenstein's Daughter commentary.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 12:08:14 AM »

Double D Avenger.  I drool with anticipation.  Joe Bob is one of my heroes.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 01:06:46 AM »

>The commentary on THE CHEERLEADERS was a surprising lot of fun -- a
>combination of dish on the actresses and info on making a no-budget
>exploitation film in the 70s.

Was that the film withe girl being tricked into showering in the boy's lockerroom just as the football team comes in? If so, did it have anything interesting to say about that scene?
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 02:25:48 AM »

"I thought the commentary, along with all the other features on the Carnivore DVD, were inaccessible and just on the back cover to get people to buy it?"

.  .  .  .  I was joking.  8-->}.  Aren't the stars of The Double-D Avenger drooling as well?

Post Edited (03-12-04 12:21)
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 03:20:55 AM »

No doubt they are, although I've never been a big breast man.  By that I don't mean I don't care for breasts in general.  On the contrary, I'm quite taken with them.  I just don't like really big ones.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Dropo
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 01:39:11 PM »

I think Jack Black's is great in School Of Rock. I like This Is Spinal Tap's too. I hope they come out with another edition of Strange Brew, with commentary. I think a Bob and Doug commentary would be awesome. The disc I have doesn't have that.
bj
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 06:44:24 PM »

Yeah, quite a bit -- the young lady playing the "innocent" was actually the most wordly of the bunch and always ready to go -- the guys were all freshman football players from a local college and if you watch close, when it came down to it, they're reeeaaally nervous and hesitant about grabbing and groping her -- he said they all had to drink a lot of beer first!
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2004, 07:00:01 PM »

Canbal: The Musical is a great commentary track! Pretty much any track by Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell. On the "Everyone Is Kung fu Fighting" DVD make sure you listen to the commentary track for Team Work 2. It's basically the cast making fun of themselves the whole time.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Max Gardner
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2004, 08:58:12 PM »

Verhoeven and Neumeier's Starship Troopers special edition is fun, and they discuss various aspects of the anti-fascism theme most people who watch the movie say doesn't exist.  Any commentary by Guillermo del Toro is a good time, particularly Blade II.  "Feeling thirsty? Have a fetus!"
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2004, 11:30:01 PM »

the anti-fascism theme most people who watch the movie say doesn't exist

Oh, it's there all right, about as subtle and insightful  as a Disney WWII propaganda film.  I'm surprised Donald Duck wasn't one of the Troopers.

The problem is they went whizzing past satire and didin't even slow down for parody  and smacked head long into absurdity

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2004, 11:36:17 PM »

AndyC wrote:

A pity I don't
> have the movie time I used to.

Me too. Stupid Job!! Damn Family!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Foywonder
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2004, 03:51:50 AM »

C.H.U.D.

Funniest DVD commentary ever!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best Commentarys « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.