Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:56:58 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  star trek new voyages what a bomb and ripp off « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: star trek new voyages what a bomb and ripp off  (Read 7519 times)
adam dack
« on: March 17, 2004, 05:27:35 AM »

I watched this really bad star trek called new voyages come what may,. It stunk poor stor y bad directing and the acting is as bad as attack of the killer tomotos, come on the main actor looks like a elvis wannabe and scotty sounds like the lucky charms cartoon,,and whats up with the girl with the turkey neck, and the checkoff with the bad moe wig from the 3 stooges. and worst of all they started out as a fund raiser for a charity and now take the money for themself. I'll never watch star trek agin after this on it's just wrong, what was parmount thinking. this one is shure to be a loser star trek new voyages should be called  star trek hiway to heck
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2004, 06:05:43 AM »

What are you talking about?

I am a HUGE Trek freak...I've seen almost every single episode from each series except Enterprise....many multiple times and I have never heard of whatever this is you're talking about!
I even did a thorough search on the IMDB and found nothing.

Oh by the way...Do killer tomotos come from Japan?

Post Edited (03-17-04 06:12)
Ash

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 06:20:27 AM »

Ok I found it....I Googled it and found this website for it:

http://www.5yearmission.com/

It's a fan project made up of unknowns and it's supposed to take place where the 3rd and final season of Star Trek: TOS left off.

You're right...it looks like a total joke!

Where do you live to be able to get this on TV and what channel did you see it on?

I had never heard of this until now and I don't think I want to see it!

Maybe to laugh AT it....maybe

Post Edited (03-17-04 05:24)
Ash

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 07:06:23 AM »

I downloaded and watched Act 1 and well....

I must admit that the computer animation sequences were actually pretty well done....the acting on the other hand...

The guy who plays Kirk needs to take acting lessons for sure and get a new wig!....the guy who plays McCoy needs to be fired....the guy who plays Spock did an OK job....not great but not bad either.
The only person who was excellent in their role was the girl who played Uhura.
She was spot-on!  I thought she did a good job.

My biggest complaint is the sound.
Their voices echo off the walls of the studio or where ever they filmed it and they all come off as hollow sounding.  
It was the very first thing I noticed when I started watching it.
Especially in the first few scenes when Kirk & Spock are playing 3 dimensional chess...the whole thing comes off like a bad B-movie filmed with a videocamera although later scenes do not have that feel.
The music, though taken from the original series, is also a bit heavy handed and at times unnecessary in certain scenes when it is used....It's as if they felt that the old Trek music was needed in EVERY scene when it actually wasn't.
Watch it and you'll understand what I'm talking about.  

But the best thing of all was the sets!
These guys have nailed down the look and feel of the old Enterprise completely.
It's almost as if they're actually shooting this thing on the original sets that were used back in the 60's!
Everything from the bridge control panels and Kirk's chair to the transporter room panels are EXACTLY like they were in TOS.
The props are also exactly the same....the tricorders, hyposprays & phasers are all just like they were in TOS (Act 2).

They're not doing too bad of a job on the obvious shoestring budget that they have to work with.

Ok, now I have to download and watch the all of the acts!

Go here to get them:

http://www.5yearmission.com/STNV_WEB_files/episode.htm

Post Edited (03-17-04 06:43)
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 12:12:49 AM »

I wonder how long it will be until Paramount squashes them like a bug. They may be non-profit, but Paramount has a history of coming down on anything that uses their copyrighted material (pictures, sounds, video, characters etc) like a ton of bricks. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see them letting someone make new Star Trek episodes without their permission.
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 09:34:19 AM »

I dunno.  Paramount has always turned a blind eye to fanfic and other fan projects, mainly because they know that it's the underside of the iceberg that keeps their cash cow alive.  (Worst mixed metaphor of the day.  Count on it.)
raj

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 10:51:24 AM »

If Paramount is smart, they'll "bless" the project, authorizing the site but with the understanding that it's not part of the official Star Trek continuum.

The reason most companies come down hard on unauthorized sites is because a company has to protect its copyrights/trademarks vigorously, or else they wind up losing the legal protection.  It's just part of a semi-messed up intellectual property system.
JohnL

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 11:36:05 AM »

>If Paramount is smart, they'll "bless" the project, authorizing the site but with the
>understanding that it's not part of the official Star Trek continuum.

But when has a studio/network ever been smart?
raj

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 11:44:03 AM »

JohnL wrote:

> >If Paramount is smart, they'll "bless" the project,
> authorizing the site but with the
> >understanding that it's not part of the official Star Trek
> continuum.
>
> But when has a studio/network ever been smart?

Including the next time, it'll be one.  Still, we can all hope.
Jim H
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 05:13:20 AM »

Non-profit = Fair use.  They can still shut them down because they have way more money and such (just bring up a lawsuit, justified or not - legal bills cost way too much for it to be worth it), but they do have the right to make em.
raj

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 09:33:46 AM »

Not true.  Commercial use is just one of four factor, but I couldn't start writing Winnie the Pooh stories and give them away.
Jack Marshall
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 03:39:04 AM »

Sorry you all think it was bad or a joke.  We were just having fun making a fan film.  Sorry you can't appreciate it for what it is - a fanboy romp through the universe many of us love.  No more, no less.  Would love to see any of your attempts.

Jack Marshall
Executive Producer/Series Director
New Voyages
www.5yearmission.com
Ash

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 04:01:12 AM »

Wow!  Looks like we p**sed that guy off!

Hey Jack...if you'll notice, I DID give compliments on your group's efforts...after I watched the whole thing.

Maybe you should read through ALL the posts before you get defensive.

Post Edited (03-23-04 03:05)
Jack Marshall
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 04:08:45 AM »

You read me wrong.  I was simply pointing out that before people attack, they should realize that we're real people with feelings who just did this for fun, that's all.  I am in no way p**sed off, just saddened that a few people don't understand our motives.  So, don't think I'm p**sed - just coming forth to explain my position :)
raj

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 10:01:18 AM »

I hope you didn't think I was putting you down, I haven't seen it yet so I can't judge.  I just hope the Star Trek owners will not come down on you.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  star trek new voyages what a bomb and ripp off « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.