Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:55:39 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "silent" killers « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "silent" killers  (Read 2640 times)
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 19, 2004, 11:10:47 PM »

I was thinking of this, I don't believe that Jason as a killer in the Friday the 13th movies ever had a spoken line. You only heard him as a child. One, am I correct in this? Two, what other killers in movies didn't have any lines?

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

Re:
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 11:34:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure Michael Myers doesn't say a single word in any of the Halloween films.

Post Edited (03-19-04 22:35)
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

Re:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 12:17:54 AM »

.  .  .  .  Belial is not very coherent.  The Creeper doesn't speak.  Shape doesn't talk, as earlier mentioned (though I hear him, don't you... ?).  The Creature doesn't scream too much.  The Puppet Master dolls can't speak, though I think the jester has had some utterance, and leech woman makes odd noises.  Aliens and Predators don't speak, though the Predator laughs, and the Aliens make hissing noises (plus didn't Ripley speak and she was part... in number 4).  The Blob is silent.  The undead don't speak, whatever film you look at, with a few exceptions (i.e. the deadites).  The cenobites usually don't speak, with the exception of the lead.  The Critters and Ghoulies are silent.  Most the original Movie Monsters didn't speak, but then spoke as they became franchised.
.  .  .  .  But you may only want human-type monsters?
.  .  .  .  Though I am a fan, sadly I'm not big enough of one to know all of Jason's cannon, sorry.

Post Edited (03-19-04 23:56)
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 09:21:08 AM »

Johnny Z,

You are correct about Jason not speaking.  Having seen all of the F13 films over the years, I cannot recall once instance when Jason actually spoke.  

Same goes for Halloween.  The Shape never speaks throughout the films.  I think that is why he and Jason still have scaring power after all of these years.

As for eeeee5's post about other genres of non speaking killers, he was wrong about one type of killer.  The undead actually can talk in some films.  They were quite vocal in Return Of The Living Dead and don't forget good ole' Bub in Day Of The Dead.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Daniel Johnson
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 01:19:19 PM »

As a Friday the 13thfanatic I know for a fact that you, Johnny are both right and wrong...confusing, let me explain.

Well it is true that hockey-mask Jason or pillow-case Jason (gotta love part 2) never spoke a word in any of the movies Jason has spoken at twice that I can recall. In a flashback of the very first Friday the 13th I'm pretty sure-child Jason is screaming for help, he also does this in Part VIII, but it doesn't really count as it is just a figment of the lead heroines imagination in the movie. The other time that Jason speaks is in Jason Goes to Hell in which the soul of Jason Voorhees travels through the bodies of several victims after mini-demon Jason transplants itself in them. During the film's climax there are two character's trying to convince the film's heroine that they are not inhabited by Jason during which the one that IS inhabited by Jason speaks. Hope that helps.
Johnny Z
Dedicated Viewer

Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2004, 01:29:15 PM »

I was discounting the child Jason lines, but I forgot about the other instances that Daniel brought up. I love slasher films.

If it's on Cinemax past midnight, it has to be bad.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

Re:
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2004, 01:37:36 PM »

Wow

Right on about Jason goes to Hell.  Didn't even begin to think about that one.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
JohnL

Re:
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 09:15:27 PM »

>The Critters and Ghoulies are silent.

They don't speak english, but the Critters do talk. Their speech is shown in sub-titles.

Post Edited (03-20-04 20:16)
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2004, 09:49:21 AM »

"he was wrong about one type of killer. The undead actually can talk in some films. They were quite vocal in Return Of The Living Dead and don't forget good ole' Bub in Day Of The Dead"
.  .  .  .  I did try to state that "...with a few exceptions..."  thanks for the other films in which they do.  I only listed the deadites because it was the easiest to remember.
"I think that is why he and Jason still have scaring power after all of these years."
.  .  .  .  I would agree.
"They don't speak english, but the Critters do talk. Their speech is shown in sub-titles."
.  .  .  .  I forgot about that, I should've prefaced it with I think, makes me seem ethnocentric.  I think that the ghoulies may actually speak too, looking back on it, sorry.
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 01:11:04 AM »

>I think that the ghoulies may actually speak too, looking back on it, sorry.

I don't remember. I only mentioned the Critters because they had a couple good lines. Like when Dee Wallace shoots one and gives him a reverse mohawk. His companion looks at it and says "b***hin'".
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "silent" killers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.