Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:25:29 AM
714335 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And the Doctor is... (Doctor Who?) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And the Doctor is... (Doctor Who?)  (Read 3154 times)
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 20, 2004, 07:49:28 PM »

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 05:38:52 PM »

Shame on you!

Er, well, actually, perhaps not.  You on this board being mostly Americans.  As opposed to me, who is British.  Chris (as I like to call him) has been on British TV and in British films for the most part.  You might be familiar with him as the psychopathic officer in "28 Days" or some part in a minor film called "Gone in 60 Seconds".  He is a Proper Actor, you know, and one of my friends spoke to him at a bus stop once.  Very piercing blue eyes, apparently.

Anyway, Doctor Who!  They have to make it now!!!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 06:05:25 PM »

Yeah, I have to say I have never seen him in anything, (Even though I have heard of a few of the movies mentioned in the article.)  But, I never heard of any of the other actors who played on Doctor Who too.  But once again, I still love the show and I miss it.  The local PBS station here too it off this year.  

I hope to see some of the new episodes too.

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 01:42:25 AM »

Thought Eddy Izzard was gonna be the doc?

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 02:40:34 AM »

God, how I wish Eddie Izzard had been cast.  That could possibly have been the most entertaining thing EVER COMMITTED TO FILM.  However, I'm suitably pleased with this choice, and one way or another, I can't wait to see the Doc back in action!  Here's hoping they import it to the States right quick and we don't have to wait years and years to see it.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 09:58:25 AM »

I hope they don't go overboard trying to modernize the Doctor. I remember when you could get away from Daleks by running up the stairs, but then when Sylvester McCoy was the Doc they  had some Daleks going up the stairs with a force field under them.
When they were first introduced they couldn't even leave their city  because they were powered by electricity in the floor.

Part of the charm and greatness of Doctor Who was the effects. It proves that effects don't make or break the show , but characters and story do.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
raj

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 11:15:08 AM »

Just hope the movie doesn't degenerate into car chases with big explosions.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 01:17:06 PM »

Oh, please no. The Doctor is above all that!
While i'd partial to McCoy's Dr, i'll give the new guy a chance....well, when i actualy get a chance to see him....who knows when that'll be...
Heh....some how...i'd LOVE to see a Dr. Who Cross over with Red Dwarf!
Kryton and the Dr. handle the science end of it, while Lister and who ever is the Doc's new companion handle the action stuff....while K-9 and Rimmer provide the offical comedy relief!
Sick i know...but it just might work!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 02:53:45 PM »

Flange, that's not sick, that's brilliance.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 06:00:31 PM »

I'm flattered that *any* Americans are interested in what we British see as a very very *British*  TV program!  

Having grown up with it - literally, being scared by it at age 2 - it seems that Dr  Who ought to be part of the cultural landscape of all teenagers.

Heavy Philosophical Message About Doctor Who:  in "Dr Who and the Silurians" the Jon Pertwee Doctor meets a Silurian (think: humanoid lizard man with 3 eyes) by surprise.  Does he shout?  scream?  run away? shoot it?  stab it?  punch it? laser it into a thin red haze?  Why no, he ... *shakes hands with it*.  Ah, now, that's Dr Who for you!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
raj

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 08:00:42 PM »

Hey, there's lots you Brits do that we like.  Especially the Doctor and Monty Python (and Paul McCartney's first band)
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 11:20:56 PM »

>Hey, there's lots you Brits do that we like. Especially the Doctor and Monty
>Python (and Paul McCartney's first band)

On the other hand, they did inflict Hugh Grant on the world...
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2004, 03:52:06 AM »

Let's see here.  James Bond.  Doctor Who.  Black Sabbath.  Monty Python.  Red Dwarf.  Are You Being Served?  Keeping Up Appearances.  Blake's 7.  Doctor Who.  Black Sabbath.  Red Dwarf.  Monty Python.  Doctor Who.  
That's more than enough to make up for one crappy actor.  On the other hand, us Yanks have Vin Diesel and Paul Walker and Adam Sandler and all the popular rappers and Jessica Simpson and Texas and all those new "retro" rock bands who are just trying to copy all the old British ones and George W. Bush and John Ashcroft and Rush Limbaugh and Michael Moore and Texas and...well, I think you get the idea.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Flangepart

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 06:38:03 PM »

Well, i ain't dissin The Prez and Rush....but the less of Moore the better.
Still, thats a good pro-brit list. And lets not forget the actors from ol' Blighty!

Peter Cushing, Chris Lee, Rowan Atkinson,Sir Alic Guinnes...and Peter Ustinov!
The sadly late Sir Peter. And Peter Sellers, Spike Milligan, and...ah, i'll let you finish the list. Its a biggie.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
raj

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 06:59:32 PM »

I'll add in Benny Hill.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And the Doctor is... (Doctor Who?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.