Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:27:56 AM
714200 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV shows that didn't get their chance « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: TV shows that didn't get their chance  (Read 11937 times)
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2004, 08:41:47 PM »

oh my god - totally forgot about automan!

I always chuckled when the car flew into a curve at 90 degree angles and the human guy got plastered into the window every time...

...why didn't the hologram invent seatbelts in the car? oh well - very entertaining!

and don't forget the sidekick cursor, surprised no one got in trouble for this, it totally borrowed the "bit" character from Tron...

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
FearlessFreep
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 09:40:45 PM »

Wizards and Warriors was great!

Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 10:52:43 PM »

MANIMAL

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2004, 12:37:10 AM »

I-Man, Tremors and The Lone Gummen were the three great shows that the networks in the infanite wisdom cut just when they were getting good.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2004, 01:19:36 AM »

Martial Law. Great show. Plenty fun to watch and plenty of action. It rocked getting to see Sammo Hung on TV every week. Canned at the end of the second season(it was just getting started!).

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2004, 04:20:51 PM »

>Martial Law. Great show. Plenty fun to watch and plenty of action. It rocked
>getting to see Sammo Hung on TV every week. Canned at the end of the
>second season(it was just getting started!).

Yeah, and from what I saw, they never did resolve the cliffhanger from the end of the first season, they just ignored it!

Post Edited (03-26-04 15:22)
Hailey
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2004, 10:43:57 PM »

You might think I'm nuts, but...."I'm with Busey", hilarous, put a brain-damged ex-matinee idol with a 25-year old kid have them hang out and do stuff around the city and watch the wackiness ensue!
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 03:19:24 PM »

The sad truth is we may rarely see these shows again so many awesome televisions. Yet, they had incredibly short lives. I was just thinking about these great television shows. You have a couple of options. You could tape the shows when re-runs appears. You could grab a bunch of us movie and TV freaks to make a petition to ask for DVD or  a re-release. Then there is KAZAA or any other of those file-sharers crap.

Personally I miss these the most.

-Tremors (What can I say, I like the movies and the actors!)

-Titus (It was funny and good, some said it was disgusting and offensive.)

-Firefly (We need more western sci-fis that aren't anime!)

-Lone Gunmen (It was so much better than the X-Files!!!)

-All About the Andersons (It show Anthony Anderson can act! Plus it's the next best thing to Titus.)

-Keen Eddie (This was AWESOME! Should have been the next Columbo! But NOOOOOOO!!!! It gets pulled off the air in a matter of weeks! How is it this stuff is gone but we still have NYPD Blue on!?!?!?!??!?!)

Anyways I wish 20th Century Fox would release them again
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2004, 03:27:49 PM »

They show Keen Eddie on Bravo.  They must be showing unaired espisodes, because I know  Fox  canned it pretty fast.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Brian Ringler
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 03:54:10 PM »

I know this list could hit  500 replies and the show I never thought got a chance would never be mentioned by anyone else.  

The Pitts - Only a few episodes made but in the ones that were, there were werewolves, a living car, someone getting a pipe stuck through their head, a crazy nanny, a living dummy.  It was in my opinion a B-movie put into a tv show.  How that show failed and Oliver Beene still airs amazes me.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2004, 07:25:31 PM »

"Salute your Shorts" this was made way back when Nickoldian made good t.v. shows. The show only got about two season but I always loved watching it. Another show was "Freakazoid" A t.v. show rarely makes me laugh out loud but every episode of Freakazoid did. Why did it only get one and a half seasons!!??

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2004, 09:01:03 PM »

Brian Ringler wrote:

> How that show
> failed and Oliver Beene still airs amazes me.

Though I have not watched it, isn't Oliver Beene sorta "The Wonder Years" revisited?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
JackFlack
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2004, 12:17:21 AM »

Glad to see people mentioned "Vengeance Unlimited".  I didn't know who Michael Madsen was at the time, but that show was freakin awesome.

Also, Space: Above and Beyond was cool as hell too.

Heh, someone mentioned G vs. E and Brimstone, yeah those were good too.

Here's one nobody's mentioned: Invader ZIM.  Was a new Nicktoon 2 years ago.  Probably one of the best cartoons they've ever had.  But they cancelled it and decided to keep the crap that they show now.

Also, Family Guy.  Glad that Cartoon Network is showing old episodes now.  I heard a rumor that they were going to do another season too.
Tilebreaker
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2004, 01:29:22 AM »

I think the Best show Nick did Was "the adventures of Pete and Pete."  That show had some truly great moments; Big Pete becomes a Bear, Mr. Tastee goes missing, Iggy Pop as a dad, Steve Buschema (sp?) as the next door neighbor, plus A Superhero- Artie!
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2004, 03:40:35 AM »

I second Pete and Pete that show kicked ass.Anouther Nick show that I loved was Rocko's Modren Life.I loved all the adult humor hidden in that show.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV shows that didn't get their chance « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.