Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:49:05 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Favorite Candy « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT: Favorite Candy  (Read 5048 times)
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 02:24:30 PM »

Orange is your favorite?  Isn't that the only option anyway?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
lester1/2jr
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 03:13:54 PM »

Ting Ting.  they are these chewy ginger things you get in chinatown
raj

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 03:24:55 PM »

Usually, but I have seen yellow (lemon) and green (lime) ones.
JohnL

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2004, 12:46:21 AM »

Candy bars:
Definitely Kit-Kat. I also like original Twix, Butterfinger, Zagnut, Reese's Nutrageous, Nestle's Crunch and that one I can't remember the name of, but it was really thick, divided into little blocks along the length of it, each one had a half-circle design on it and it had tiny air bubbles inside so it was kind of like having a Nestle's Crunch.

Other candy:
I like a variety, but there was one thing I had a few times that was great; it was a pointed lollipop type thing with three different, transparent sections, red, yellow and green. It came wrapped in a stiff plastic cone, with wax on the bottom sealing it shut and stores usually had them in a box neat the register, upside with the point of the cones fitting into holes in the box, so that the stick was up. Anyone know what these are called and/or where to get them?

Other stuff; Starbust, Sweettarts, Neco Wafers, Lifesavers (original, haven't tried all the new things they've come out with), sourballs (like lollipops, only as a stick-less hard candy), those round lollipops with the odd-ball flavores like root-beer and pineapple (Dum-Dums, I think), Tootsie Rolls, Strawberry Twizzlers, Liquorish (I know I spelled that wrong, and only if it's by the same company as Twizzlers).
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 12:49:44 AM »

Dum Dums are usually really tasty.  They have, however, perfected chemical warfare as a candy.  I don't think they make them anymore, and for good reason, but a few years back, Dum Dum made a buttered popcorn flavor.  I tried one, and I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say the stomach-churning taste of that candied walrus scrotum stayed in my mouth for the rest of the day, no matter how much other stuff I ate or drank.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Cricket21a
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2004, 01:26:09 AM »

white chocolate reeses cup

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image.
Stephen Hawking
Susan
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2004, 09:49:05 PM »

Heath bar - no question. I suck off the chocolate and save the toffee for last because i'm a freak. I rarely ever eat one but I love them.

As a kid I loved gum Hubba Bubba is no longer made, but  Felix (the cat) was my favorite (from asia) and it's not sold anywhere here..i don't know that it ever was. Recently my brother suprised me with some, his wife bought some from someone who will ship international. It's STILL as good as I remember, you never forget tha smell or taste. What's so great about it is that little piece (actually  one piece has 2 halves and one of those halves is all you need) will go a long way. By long I mean it chews AL DAY without ever getting hard..stays soft and smooth. it probably has whale blubber or latex in it but it retains it's flavor for ever..and ever. It's the kind of gum you could literally put on a gum plate overnite and continue chewing the next day.
i got one piece left and i'm gonna have to find out what site they ordered it from. I noticed gums these days get hard fast and lose flavor, I think they do that so you keep chewing up more and have to buy more. Because I know for a fact they can make longer lasting gum, but they get no profit from it.

Livesavers used to make a mean sucker with the hole in the middle you could stick your tongue through..it had swirls. They changed the look tho, and the taste.

I also like snickers put in the freezer, i can never eat it room temperature anymore.

What do I dispise: FUN SIZE and those god awful little bite size pieces they make of every candybar. What the hell are so fun about midget bars? It's more chocolate than filling and never tastes as good as the bar. Plus you pay way too much for one of those little bags when you could buy a handful of candybars for the same.

NightFlight
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2004, 10:36:13 PM »

Definitely the candy I could get down the street at my local Dairy Mart.  Bottle Caps, Candy Necklaces, Pop Rocks, Ring Pops, 3 Musketeers, Whatchamacallit,  Rolos, and chocolate coins.  I have in mind to buy some soon and relive my childhood.
Susan
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 11:18:58 AM »

NightFlight wrote:

I have in mind to buy some soon and relive my
> childhood.

Awsome source for hard to find stuff

Mitch McAfee
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Hey ASHTHECAT, I'm from Australia & I luv Hershey's chocolate!!! (along with any other brand).

And Susan, Hubba Bubba is still made here, or at least it's still available here - not sure where it's made.
lester1/2jr
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 05:17:40 PM »

Circus Penis
Susan
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2004, 12:16:14 AM »

do they still make freshen-up gum? I remember it having that gooey center

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Favorite Candy « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.