Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:32:03 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV Shows that Shouldn't Have Lasted « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: TV Shows that Shouldn't Have Lasted  (Read 9969 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2004, 03:12:24 AM »

How about:

Murder, She Wrote
Diagnosis Murder
ANYTHING on ABC's TGIF (a few were mentioned already)
Dog Eat Dog (how'd it last more than one episode?)
Average Joe, Bachelor, and clones (the genre has overstayed its welcome, imo)
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire

I know there's more I've seen over the years, but thankfully, I am blocking them from my memory.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 03:14:55 AM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

>
> Women...gay men and women who have gay men as best friends.
>
> I have never even watched 10 minutes of thatshow and never
> will.

It cannot even be good for them.  I mean, COME ON, it is just STUPID.  I like to think that if I were gay, I would find that show as offensively stupid as I do now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 09:23:28 AM »

Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Matlock, etc. were all kept on the air by old ladies like my mother. Pretty easy to explain that one.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

AndyC wrote:

> Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder, Matlock, etc. were all kept
> on the air by old ladies like my mother. Pretty easy to explain
> that one.
>

LOL.

My Mom, too.  That's why I even know they exist.  I can honestly say I personally never saw an episode of either MSW or DM (I did sit through one episode of Matlock, however, but only recently).

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 10:05:37 AM »

I used to think Murder She Wrote was pretty funny, in an unintentional sort of way. I'm surprised people didn't duck when they saw Jessica coming. Every old friend she went to visit ended up getting bumped off. I'm surprised the FBI wasn't investigating her, the way death followed her around. It was even funnier when the show settled permanently  in the sleepy little seaside town of Cabot Cove. The place must have had the highest per capita murder rate in the world.

Post Edited (03-24-04 09:08)

---------------------
Chris K.
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2004, 12:04:14 PM »

LIVE WITH BONNIE: I'm sorry, but how is this show "good"? The show just has no humor and Bonnie Hunt can't carry a show if her life depended on it. Bad improv humor that doesn't even generate a laugh from the viewing audience (i.e., one episode had Bonnie and her husband argue about a checkbook for 6 minutes and none of the humor flew very well). The only episode that worked was the guest appearence of Jonathan Winters, and he is the King of Improv who does it better. What were the critics and the network thinking?

IT'S ALL RELATIVE: Ah, just what we need. A cheap rip-off of ALL IN THE FAMILY, except add a male-gay family as token fodder for the dumbass Irish Catholic-bigot jerk character who plays off like a thrid rate Archie Bunker! And Caroll O'Connor must be rolling in his grave right now! Haven't seen another episode of the show, hopefully it's in the toilet right now.
ulthar

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2004, 12:35:04 PM »

Save yourself some typing and include just about any current sitcom on broadcast television.  Is there ANY of them that are worth a darn?

Life with Bonnie.  Yeah, what a winner ....

--Real Genius
daveblackeye15

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2004, 02:06:38 PM »

Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius. I think this show is in it's second season but it's just so crappy and terrible I can't believe it. It should never have gotten a t.v. show in fact the movie should never have been made. If you want to a see a t.v. show about a smart kid watch "Dexter's Lab". The earlier episodes, not these more recent crap episodes.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
JohnL

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2004, 12:22:57 AM »

>Dog Eat Dog (how'd it last more than one episode?)

Brooke Burns
Chris K.
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2004, 01:15:57 AM »

ulthar wrote:

> Save yourself some typing and include just about any current
> sitcom on broadcast television. Is there ANY of them that are
> worth a darn?

Of course their isn't any one of them worth a darn, but even so they are still worth a discussion, or a criticisim. I wish I could list all of the current and past shows that sucked and saved myself some typing, but I can't and thus select a few items for this particular discussion. Isn't that the point of this one post, to write and discuss.

I'm just stating my two cents on what I thought about whatever it was I wrote about. And you know, their are times when my two cents aren't worth two cents to some. I could save myself some typing, but then to me what would be the point if I did?  could limit myself, but...

Just a thought and not a slam on you, ulthar.
ulthar

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2004, 04:12:25 AM »

Chris K. wrote:

>
> Just a thought and not a slam on you, ulthar.

I was not slamming on you, either...I was trying to make a joke about just how bad tv is these days...I guess if fell flat.  I certainly did not mean to imply I did not enjoy reading your post!

:)

--Real Genius
George
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2004, 10:25:04 AM »

Six words for you......

Walker, Texas Ranger

Murder She Wrote
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2004, 12:45:17 PM »

We've mentioned a lot of successful shows that sucked, but I'm curious to know which ones really caught you off guard. I'm talking about shows you really didn't take seriously, or believe anyone else took seriously (or watched, for that matter). You happened to catch an episode, and thought it was just another dumb show filling a space in the lineup until something better came along. It wasn't just an awful show, it was....nothing. Then you later discovered that most of your friends and coworkers watched it religiously and referred to it often.

I'd say it's because I rarely watch the networks (when I have time to watch TV), but it happened just as often before I had a whole whack of satellite channels. Probably because it was before every new show was hyped as the next big hit. Today, they're calling them hits before people even see them.

---------------------
ulthar

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2004, 12:54:53 PM »

Well, with your specific criterion, I would have to reiterate my vote for "Will and Grace."  That show not only sucks, it fits your description of 'just not there.'

Murder She Wrote, Diagnosis Murder and that whole genre of what we can call 'little old lady shows' at least did have an audience.  Dumb as they were, at least they had something that somebody somewhere could call a plot.  At least the main characters had, um at least TWO dimensions.

But Will and Grace?  Nah.  In my opinion, that is on my short list of absolutely worst tv shows in the history of the medium.  Period.  No redeeming value whatsoever.  But it just keeps going and going, and will, in my opinion, continue to go.  To yank it will likely invite all kinds of political ruckus that the network probably does not want.

I don't dislike this show because it is about homosexuals.  Part of the reason I dislike it so is because that is *ALL* it is about.  Homosexuals, adultery, alcoholism, drug abuse, etc, with cheesy, weak characters, no plot, mind numbingly stupid and AGONIZING dialog, etc....

Will and Grace.  Oh how I hope that the aliens out there intercepting our stray RF signals are not watching that and judging us on W&G.   (a la Kang and Kronos in The Simpsons....).

--Real Genius
raj

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2004, 01:08:05 PM »

With that definition, I'd have to put in Seinfeld.  I've tried watching it, but found it more awkward than funny.  Best show ever?  Hardly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  TV Shows that Shouldn't Have Lasted « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.