Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:15:55 PM
713374 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 100 cartoons of all time « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Top 100 cartoons of all time  (Read 9999 times)
N. E. Moses
« on: September 05, 2001, 03:43:24 AM »

In keeping with the cartoon theme (sorry, it's  all I'm thinking about right now), Wizard has just put up an article, Top 100 cartoons of all time. Some I agree with, some can kiss my ass, some we totally forgot about (Jayce & The Wheeled Warriors, remember them?). If you have the mag, good.  If not, go to Wizardworld.com, read on (read the sidebars too), Then put in your 2 cent if  you agree or disagree.  

Question: Who would want a Britney Spears cartoon?(AAARRHHHHGGG!!!!...must...stop....pain...must...keep...food...in...stomach)
Flangepart
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2001, 11:24:55 AM »

Next time...have a waste basket next to the computer, saves on keyboard cleaning. Worst toon'....hummmm...Well, as Sturgons law says,"90 % of everything is crap". So, as i tend to blot painfull experiances out of my tiny mind.....Please don't hate me for it...but Scooby Do. I just can't handle it anymore! It leaves a bad taste in my memory. I go into a realy hateful MST mode if forced to watch it....Okey!...so i'm pickey!....oh, and the "New" Jonny Quest. It ain't gettin' it!
Hairzilla
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2001, 04:13:43 PM »

I totally agree with you Flange'! The ONE cartoon, in a sea of countless other forgetable cartoons, that I have NEVER been able to tolerate is SCOOBY DOO! That ridiculous way he talks, his annoying shouting out of his own name.... AAARRG! Just thinking about this makes me wanna write an angry letter to the Cartoon Network asking why they run that show so freakin' much! I will NEVER....EVER see the upcoming live action flick, lest my image of Linda Cardellini....who, for some twisted reason is playing VELMA.... be tarnished forever!
The Bard
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2001, 05:22:53 PM »

Ever try to watch half the cartoons that have come out in the last 5 years? The ones that always have some sort of point, some sort of morale to them, some lesson that has to be learned. I can't stand them anymore. I grew up with good ole Bugs and some of the dumbest 80 Cartoons but nothing compares to the current crap.

Give me Ren & Stimpy or Simpsons any day of the week. Or Freakazoid.
N. E. Moses
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2001, 07:54:24 PM »

Fortunately for you, Flange, it's not the new Jonny Quest that made the list, the older version did, and it's in the top 10.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, how ever you see it), Hair, Scooby Doo came in 39th
(react how you see fit)

And since y'all talking about s**tty 'toons check out the sidebar's "Cartoon Crap", top 10 worse cartoons

So as Mike Myers would say in SNL's Coffee Talk: "Discuss"
Squishy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2001, 09:18:26 PM »

...went to WizardWorld, can't find the article. Am me going blind? Am that good?
Flangepart
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2001, 11:35:33 AM »

Hey, i learned more from the classic termite terrace WB toon then i ever learned from the "Wheel of Morality"....Wheel of Morality, turn,turn,turn,...and the lesson IS....lather,rince,repeat....this ia a moral?...it's the best we could do on such short notice.
The Bard
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2001, 05:50:46 PM »

I forgot the good ole Wheel of Morality. Man, Animaniacs was a funny show. I still have a bunch of Pinky and The Brain T-Shirts.
Ringneck
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2001, 06:55:59 PM »

Best Cartoon, has to be the old Planet of teh Apes cartoon from the 70's.  Wasted many days of youth watching that.  Apes with P=40 Warhawk fighters from WWII and the sheer lack of animation budget(imagine Scooby Doo being produced in someone's basement who earned less than minimum wage!).  

Other cartoons I liked were Animaniacs/Pinky and the Brain, some Tiny Toons, Dexters Lab, GI Joe, the short lived Dukes of Hazzard cartoon, and God knows what else.  When I was really little I used to watch more afternoon movies than cartoons.

But how can anyone hate the early Scooby Doo?  I mean we all hate Scrappy,  but how can Mystery Inc's gang be so bad?

BradLaGrange
Joshua
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2001, 12:38:21 PM »

I'm having trouble finding the list too. Where is it?
Squishy
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2001, 04:09:20 PM »

http://dcboards.warnerbros.com/

Apparently it is not online at all, just in WIzard magazine. Somebody went to the trouble of putting the entire list up at the DC Message Boards, under "Other DC Topics," I believe.
Joshua
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2001, 01:29:36 AM »

I just finished looking at the list and I have to say it's pretty weak. What was the criteria for this list? They included some anime so it's not limited to American/western cartoons. Is this a list of the top 100 cartoon tv shows of all time or all cartoons,  I didn't see any movies or Oavs listed. I can't believe that Dragon Ball Z(50), Robotech(33) and Sailor Moon(89) beat Neon Genesis Evanglion(90). Evangelion is one of my favorite anime but it's better than DBZ. There are so many anime titles that are much bettter and more influential. What about Lupin III, the cool 70s anime that had 3 tv series and 2 dozen movies, or Galaxy Express 999, Captin Harlock, Yawara, Kare Kano, Marmalade Boy, Kodomo No Ochma, or Rose of Versailles, a shoujo(girls) title that's just as, if not more influential than Sailor Moon. If there only covering anime that's been released in America what about Cowboy Bebop,  Rurouni Kenshin, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Ranma 1/2. Maison Ikkoku, Nadesico, Serial Experiments Lain, Fushigi Yuugi, The Slayers, or Trigun. If your including movies, you could fill a good part of the top ten with Studio Ghibli films. Still, Neon Genesis Evangelion gets a 90 compared to a lot of the other titles on the list. This list has a very fanboyish feel to it. It seems like a lot of the titles there are there for nostalgic value only. Not to say that the whole list is bad there are a few good titles here and there.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Top 100 cartoons of all time « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.