Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:42:15 PM
714160 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Has this film ever existed?? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Has this film ever existed??  (Read 1504 times)
Mr Eddy
« on: March 15, 2004, 12:27:01 PM »

One of those days I was talking to a friend about this film that I watched on the TV when I was a kid. It was a romantic comedy, probably shot sometime during the 60's, in which a bullfighter turns blue for whatever reason (yes, the guy's skin turns to blue!). I have fond memories of this flick, even though I don't have a clue of its title, director, whatever...

I searched all around to find out something about the movie, but apparently there's absolutely nothing about it on the web! Have you guys ever heard of a picture which fits the above description? Or am I going nuts and this film never really existed?!?!

Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 01:32:49 AM »

Never heard of it.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 12:47:31 AM »

I found it!

It's The Bobo (1967) starring Peter Sellers. The IMDB description doesn't mention anything about him being blue, however a poster for the movie shows a blue matador.

The Bobo (IMDB)

The Bobo Poster
Mr Eddy
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 12:07:57 PM »

Thanks so much John!!!!! It seemed like this film only existed in my imagination... I wonder how you managed to find it! The mystery is finally solved... TKS.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 03:57:37 PM »

>Thanks so much John!!!!! It seemed like this film only existed in my imagination...

No problem, I'm glad I could help. I know how frustrating it can be to have a vague memory of a movie and not be able to identify it.

>I wonder how you managed to find it! The mystery is finally solved... TKS.

Well, I did a bunch of Google searches for things like bullfighter & "blue skin" etc, and got nothing. So I searched for "blue bullfighter" and got a site with a rambling message about a bunch of things, but it mentioned a blue bullfighter and Peter Sellers. I figured he probably wasn't in too many bullfighter movies, so I searched for his name and the word bullfighter and luckily I stumbled across that poster site with The Bobo poster showing the blue bullfighter.

Strangely, the site with the message that first connected me to Peter Sellers seems to be gone now, so I guess I got REALLY lucky! :)

Post Edited (03-26-04 14:59)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Has this film ever existed?? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.