Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:34:54 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Author Topic: Disturbing Films  (Read 28630 times)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 26, 2004, 08:46:12 AM »

Does anyone out there own any real dark disturbing films that you're afraid your friends might stop talking to you if you showed them to them.

This just popped in my mind because last weekend I showed a couple friends this Spanish film "In A Glass Cage," a film that touches on such lively topics and torture, death, pedophilia, and naziism. I know all the things that will so get you laid! :P

But they were both open-minded to it though, it probably also helps that the film isn't so graphic in it's presentation of the material, but it lets the stark images linger  a little more in the viewer's mind.
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 09:28:42 AM »

Requiem for a Dream - Direct by Darren Aronofsky (Pi) Really starkdepiction of drug addiction and what crap people will put themselves through for a fix. Features Jennifer Connelly in some sick sex scenes.  I don't know why but this thing really haunted me.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 10:32:08 AM »

Trek_Geezer, I agree about Requiem.  Fantastic film, but one of the final scenes, with Connelly is quite disturbing.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2004, 11:52:15 AM »

.  .  .  .  Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer is the most disturbing film that I've seen, but I don't think anyone will think less of you for liking it, if they like horror films.

Post Edited (03-26-04 10:58)
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2004, 12:10:16 PM »

Sid and Nancy is sort of the same way.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 12:40:04 PM »

All of the cannibal flicks....

The thing I like about HENRY is that it's not even really that violent or gross [though that "home invasion" scene is pretty bad]...it's just creepy because you know there are guys like that out there.  It's one of my favorite horror films.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT still packs a wallop though it's pretty dated now.

FREAKS is still pretty effective too, as are the early John Waters films.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »

yeah I just showed Last House on the Left to some friends last weekend. we all had fun laughing at the 2-D, drive-in character villains. but when it came to the scenes of what they do to the poor girls in the woods: we were all pretty quiet.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2004, 01:31:01 PM »

I'd have to agree with you Trek, when I left the theatre after watching Requiem for the 1st time I felt like someone kicked me in the gut real hard, and that I also needed a cold shower!
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2004, 01:34:03 PM »

very true eeeee5 & jmc. I think Henry reaches more disturbing levels simply for the fact that it's realistic in it's portrayel of those type of creeps, not exploitational in a natural born killers kind of way. although i did like NBK, it was obviously going more for a surreal, satire thing than Henry.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2004, 02:06:48 PM »

Island of Death, Last House on the Left, and I Spit On Your Grave are all pretty nasty.  Probably the worst stuff in my collection, until they finally release Cannibal Holocaust later this year on domestic DVD (I want to see it, but with a pending US release I'm not going to spend $35 on eBay for a bootleg).

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2004, 02:11:53 PM »

I Spit is definently not a fun one to watch with friends.  Have not done so and probably never will.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Chrysalisadsdss
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 02:43:33 PM »

I read something about

men behind the sun

that one should be pretty disturbing
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2004, 02:55:30 PM »

That one has a lot of real animal death in it....I've never seen it and don't really want to.  I can handle the cannibal stuff maybe because it's mostly wild animals being killed, but having a cat torn apart by rats is just too much for me.   I don't like the animal killing even in the cannibal flicks but for some reason I can deal with that.
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2004, 03:17:40 PM »

JMC,

Actually if I'm not mistaken, the cat - rat scene is fake.  Not 100% sure on that, but I believe it was all staged.

Hugomarink
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 04:48:49 PM »

"Funny Games" is the most disturbing movie I've seen in the last few years. It's a German flick about a couple of preppy guys who terrorize a family at a remote vacation cabin. It's a very well-done movie but it's frighteningly twisted and upsetting. I definitely recommend the movie but don't say I didn't warn you. Some say the movie is a satire but the horror of this one stuck with me for a long time.

I also echo the recommendations of "Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer." It's a classic in the genre and a must-see. And, yes, very disutrbing.

Another disturbing film I saw more recently is "Capturing the Friedmans," a documentary about a Long Island family ripped apart when the father and one of the sons are arrested for being pedophiles. This one is disturbing in a whole different way than a fictional horror movie.

Another movie I found tremendously disturbing when I was a teenager is "The Hills Have Eyes." I don't know if I'd still think that if I saw it today but I really have no desire to see it again. Same with "I Spit on Your Grave." The bathtub scene is probably the sickest scene I've ever seen in a movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.