Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:06:25 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Disturbing Films  (Read 28604 times)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2004, 05:15:33 PM »

Who knows, I may be falling for the movie's publicity, sort of the way people fell for the publicity about real corpses being used in BUIO OMEGA.  But I've always heard that just about all the stuff involving animals in MEN BEHIND THE SUN was real, similar to in the cannibal flicks.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2004, 08:25:23 PM »

Well, I thought "Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever" was pretty disturbing. They had the nerve to release that to the general public? I shudder when I think about it...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
NightFlight
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2004, 08:40:58 PM »

The two most disturbing films in my collection are I Spit on Your Grave and Fight For  Your Life.  I have also seen Make Them Die Slowly,  which has a scene where a woman is hung up by her breasts by meat hooks.  Last House's p**sing scene and the disembowling scene are pretty bad too.  I only showed I Spit to a friend so far, and he thought  I had issues.  LOL.  The only thing I won't watch is anything involving the death of animals, real or fake.  I may be disturbed, but I guess even people like me have standards.  Like I always say,  They Don't Make Em Like That Anymore.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2004, 08:56:31 PM »

I always bring up ERASER HEAD when this subject comes up. When I saw this film it was very disturbing.

I remember seeing parts of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT on HBO in the 70's and would like to see it again some day. Never saw I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE, but have had it on my list for a long while now. ISLAND OF DEATH, CANIBAL HOLOCAUST, AND CANIBAL FEROX are also on my list.

I've heard that JOHNNY GOT HIS GUN is a tough film.

JohnL

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2004, 11:28:48 PM »

I once had a friend give me some pretty strange looks for renting Blodsucking Freaks and watching it with him. :)
Chrysalis=
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2004, 06:07:13 AM »

bloodsucking freaks hahaahahahahhaha with those dart arrows
that one is pretty sick

check these out

- Mark of the devil 1+2
- Closet Land
- Flavia the heretic
- Bloodsucking freaks
- Female Market
- Cannibal Movies
- Men behind the sun

some i have seen others not but reviewers and friends say they should be
pretty disturbing
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2004, 06:53:42 AM »

I have to agree that Last house on the left is one of the most disturbing films I've ever seen, but the truly most disturbing movies are the Faces of Death series. Only me and one other of my friends can sit through those movies and not get sick.
Also a recent movie that I saw, that I thought was pretty disturbing is May. This is an absolutely bizzare and f**ked up movie. Lots of sadism and other sick twisted s**t going on in that movie.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2004, 12:13:25 PM »

Hugo, I've heard a lot about Funny Games but never got around to renting it.

And I believe my video store down the street carries that Friedman's documentary, that does sound really messed up, I'll have to check it out.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2004, 12:42:17 PM »

THE VANISHING (1988) is pretty disturbing psychologically.  It's one that will have you thinking about the ending for a long time afterward.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2004, 01:22:45 PM »

FACES OF DEATH is actually pretty tame compared to some of the other "real death" documentaries out there.  FOD is mostly staged.  But it used to bug me too before I learned that most of it wasn't real, and until I started seeing the ones like DEATH SCENES.

When I think about BLOODSUCKING FREAKS I guess it's disturbing but it's just so cheaply made and I get the feeilng there's supposed to be some weird comic tone to it.  But the idea of it is disturbing, and it's got Ralphus the midget.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2004, 09:44:01 AM »

* NEKROMANTIC

* ERASERHEAD

* FUNNY GAMES

* AUDITION

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 02:24:41 AM »

I thought Bloodsucking Freaks was just kinda boring.  Anyone else here seen Island of Death?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 10:57:12 AM »

Another fellow film-nut mentioned Ereaserhead earlier and I would have to agree that that's definitely one of those films that can easily disturb people. It's wierd that it can have that effect on people because it's such a low-budget film, but i think the black & white cinematography and dark atmosphere to it that creates such a visceral experience.

I read in the psychotronic video guide that David Lynch made Eraserhead when he was living in a Philadelphia slum and stuck in a bad marriage, it really shows too!!

PS-Bruce McCullough (prior Kids in the Hall) has a solo cd with a song titled Eraserhead.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 01:31:17 PM »

I think ERASERHEAD is the closest that anyone has ever come to filming the types of images that go through my mind when I'm having a nightmare.  Very creepy stuff.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Darkautumn
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 02:29:25 PM »

The most disturbing movie I can think of is "The Untold Story" from Hong Kong. Supposedly a black comedy (???!!??) it's the only movie I've ever seen that actually turned my stomach. There are two scenes thatr are EXTREMELY hard to watch-very uncomfortable. If you've seen it, you probably know which two I'm referring to. If you haven't, just trust me on this one. Also, "Donnie Darko" unnerved me, but in a totally different way.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.