Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:53:04 AM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: Disturbing Films  (Read 28615 times)
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2004, 04:04:16 PM »

Cannibal Holocaust is a little more disturbing....it makes you feel like life is worthless!  Cannibal Ferox is mainly about gruesome effects--it's gross, but you don't really get the scummy feeling after watching it.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2004, 04:11:08 PM »

i did :)

pauli
dirtcreature
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2004, 04:45:24 PM »

Cannibal Holocaust was jusr plain nasty. Left you feeling ashamed to be part of the human race. Shame The Blair Witch Project ripped off the idea of "People go off, dissapear, leaving behind only some film...here's what happened on that film.", and got "critical acclaim" for originality.

8mm, although more mainstream, had the same affect. Left me feeling that if folks into that stuff existed then I'd feel REALLY scummy for having to share a planet with them.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2004, 02:53:01 AM »

I'm late to this thread and don't have any new films to add, so I'm just going to attack ben rosson's list.

CLEAN SHAVEN - Now this was a pretty disturbing movie, and one of the better ones I've seen regarding schizophrenics, who are usually portrayed as suffering from something of a "glamorously crazy" madness.  No, regular schizophrenia is sad and dirty, and somebody suffering from it is usually none to pleasant to be around.  It probably went too far tying in the murders (made it seem a bit sensational), but of course a movie needs a plot.  Anyway, I forget the lead actor's name, but who knew he could do something like this?  I don't think you'll look at cleaning your fingernails the same way after seeing this.

FUNNY GAMES - This film usually comes up in "disturbing" lists, but I found it a muddled, preachy mess.  The director made a movie about people being tortured and then tried to make the audience complicit in the torture.  "Look at you people.  You like this, these people being tortured.  You make me sick."  The problem is that these are not people being tortured.  They're movie characters.  Movie characters in the movie the director made.  He tries to salvage the movie from this criticism near the end where the two torturers have a conversation that all characters may be real in some alternate universe.  Bulls**t.  To take this movie seriously you would have to agree with the statement that the only reason people watch "disturbing" movies is for the voyeuristic thrill of seeing people tortured.  I'm sure there are people like that, but this movie isn't going to touch them.  My guess would be that more people who watch movies like this empathize with the victims, rather than the victimizers.  Take another film in this list, REQUIEM FOR A DREAM.  We the audience empathize with the characters, which is what makes their eventual destruction horrifying and "disturbing".  Sorry, the director of FUNNY GAMES wants to make his dirty movie, indict the audience and feel above it all.  Well f**k you too.

DESECRATION - While this film did have several effective images, I found the rest of it hilariously bad.  Dante Tomaselli seems to have some talent, and maybe his other pictures might be good, but I don't share the man's hang-ups at all, and actually find them quite humorous.

NOWHERE - Presume you mean Gregg Araki's film.  Can't stand the man's body of work.  Found a niche in the pseudo-nihilism of early 90's cinema and figured nihilism was the point.  What can I say, I find nihilism lazy, not disturbing.

Sorry, if this post ended up being me criticizing other people's choices.  I mostly find specific moments in films more disturbing than the overall film.  Also I like the sound of my own voice, even if it's in print.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
~chopper~
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2004, 01:34:49 PM »

hey Mofo it's all good. Clean Chaven was one hell of a film. very short, but i liked it, especially some of the "nail" scenes, talk about gross!

and yeah ben rosson's list was pretty tame.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2004, 03:35:12 PM »

anyway, for me bloodsuking freaks it was really disturbing, firts time i saw it i was 12, by mistake i picked up this film, while i was watching it i was feeling really bad of watching that, i thought, "i shouldnt be watching that"  with that dentist suking some brain.

pauli
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2004, 06:20:12 PM »

yeah i'd say that's a BAD film to watch at the age of 12!
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2004, 02:54:51 AM »

I Stand Alone was disturbingly s**tty.

As far as comments, take Nathan Shumate's review at coldfusionvideo.com and up the hate by a factor of 15. It was a real piece of s**t of a film.

Post Edited (04-07-04 02:55)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2004, 09:19:41 AM »

what was is that you didn't like about it? care to atleast offer some insight?
Fluffy CatFood
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2004, 12:09:09 PM »

Well its been years since I have seen it, but "Bad boy Bubby", its an Australian film about some guy thats lived his whole life locked in an appartment, raised by his mother, she tells him that he cant go outside because of poison gas or something like that, so whenever she leaves she wears a gas mask. Bubby is really messed in the head, he has the mind of a child. he has sex with his mum, and he has a mummified cat at one point, he eventually gets out and gets to explor the real world.

I cant say I found this disturbing, (except for the incest) but it is certainly an odd film
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2004, 02:15:46 PM »

i read the book long time ago, yes, it was quite odd.

pauli
twsmith
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2004, 05:17:03 PM »

The movie set out to be 'shocking' and failed. Miserably. You can't be shocked by something that you can't give a frog's fat dick about, quite bluntly.
ben rosson
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2004, 02:36:41 PM »

Hey man, how's it going. I noticed you claimed my list to be "tame". Could you drop me a list of trulty disturbing films, since all the ones i listed might as well be put out by Disney. I spend a good deal of time scoping out such films, so if you could help me out man, i would appreciate it. Take care and hook a brotha up.

maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2004, 02:42:40 PM »

i do agree that all the films u listed before are quite disturbing.

pauli
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2004, 04:06:44 PM »

it's going alright, only 30 minutes of work left. here's some i would recommend:

-In A Glass Cage (Spain)
 -I Stand Alone (one poster on here didn't like it, but i thought it was a cool film)
 -Salo: 120 Days of Sodom (talk about disgusting!)
 -Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer

That's about all I can think of for now, off the top of my head. good luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.