Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 07:56:21 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The films featured on this page are truly appauling,how could anyone like such poppycock? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: The films featured on this page are truly appauling,how could anyone like such poppycock?  (Read 7324 times)
Gerry
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2001, 05:20:01 PM »

It is painfully obvious that Lord Rupert is no more a Brit than Ru Paul is a woman.  Please don't let the troll's remarks lead to Brit-bashing (I doubt he even knows what a crumpet is).  After all, there are some fine upstanding Brits on this board who enjoy bad movies for all of their dubious merits just the same as the rest of us Yanks.
The Bard
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2001, 05:53:16 PM »

I'm going to sell my almost brand new Toyota 4-Runner from 1989 so I can get a vintage Early 80's Cadiliac with 300,000 miles on it cause it looks like a pimp mobile. That and I can't afford the insurance on the 4-Runner.
Flangepart
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2001, 05:57:14 PM »

Steve...he's defending you. Put this Vlad bozo in his place, wilt thou? Like the insane sexualy deviate robot, he cast his nuts into the water to see which way the ripples spread.......or some such twaddle. Nipples spread? Pimples spread? i'll get it right some day.........................
Lord Rupert Vladimer
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2001, 06:20:31 PM »

True gentlmen would never use a putrid phrase like "kiss my ass",I hear this type of speech is popular among americans who live in trailer parks. I was nice enough to take my precious time to help educate you all about the art of fine film making,and this is the welcome I recieve. The main reason I am here is to learn something about american culture. My royal family warned me that americans are rude,narrow-minded people,and they were right! I've never been so offended in my entire life! I am going have my servant go get a bottle of fine,aged wine to help me calm down before I lose my temper!
slasherfan
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2001, 06:46:47 PM »

Anyone actully believe this guy is serious, why would he search for a bad movie web site if he hates them and likes boring   TRIPE like Driving Miss Daasy, hey you don't happen to know an ENRAGED PARENT do you?????
Trevor the rat
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2001, 10:48:04 PM »

this looks like someone felt the board needed a little spicing up and decided to make an alter-ego with the characteristics of an ignorant, pansy, frusterated, homosexual englishman and sit back and have a ball seeing how many people fall for it.

But if you are real you're obviously so caught up in your tea and crumpets you haven't had time to pull your head out of your ass to get a whiff of how things work in cinema. If you're too narrowminded to see the art in these films than why don't you go f**k yourself!

As for being insulted, you're out numbered in here! what do you expect? maybe one of us should go start a fight at a full monty site and p**s off your community. in other words, my good fellow, we don't give a s**t. I hope you have the time to read this if you arent too busy boofing the maid.

pip-pip cheerio, tally ho mother f**ker!

P.S. Don't let this guy give you the wrong impression of the british. check out the guys at monty python!
Nathan
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2001, 10:34:26 AM »

Trevor the rat wrote:
>
> this looks like someone felt the board needed a little
> spicing up and decided to make an alter-ego with the
> characteristics of an ignorant, pansy, frusterated,
> homosexual englishman and sit back and have a ball seeing how
> many people fall for it.

Gee, what was your first clue?

Nathan
(Who will next reappear as a former South Asian dictator shocked at the warped view of Asian cinema presented on sites like this...)
Steve.
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2001, 01:40:27 PM »

Nathan (Rupert's a very wanky Brit name, by the way) - why dost thou have to hide behind silly-billy psuedonyms? Can ye nae tell a tale under yae ain name? Seems like Trev the rat smelled a er....rat. Of course, the uttally appaulin gramare gave the game awaeigh - no troo britt cud eva spel soh baldly. Failing all this Mr. Flange, I shall arrange for his execution at dawn - along with the other members of the "white feather brigade". If Wupert was real Trevor, I think you're sentiments are just about right - Phuq off Wupert!
Chris K.
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2001, 04:55:43 PM »

22 comments. Not close to the badmovies.org Message Board book of records, but it's almost there! First off, I feel that "Rupert's" satrical elements of the British are more of a out-of-context format. I am part British myself and I feel that both the English and us American's get along well (After all, who founded this country anyway. The British.).

To answer Rupert's question, we love bad movies for various amount of reasons. But I like them becasue they are made by real men who have the balls to go out there, shoot a film on a limited budget, and are able to get it released to the unsuspecting audience who are willing to shell out their cash to see what the film is about. Let's take a look at Peter Jackson, who is part of the Engish/Austrailan class. Jackson made his first film BAD TASTE for nothing and spent four years making that film until the New Zealand Film Commission gave some funds for $125,000 so it can be finished! And the film was a cult classic. But remember Rupert, BAD TASTE is not a big budget film that contains Hollywood safeguards. BAD TASTE is a good film that delivers! Or what about Andy Milligan and Hershcell Gordon Lewis? These guys made movies for nothing too and they have become classics in their own right.

So to put it bluntly, low budget is for the real men while big budget is for weaklings like Steven Speilberg or George Lucas. Give Speilberg a budget for $10,000 and he will have a heart attack. Give it to Hershcell Gordon Lewis and he will crank out a classic.

And Rupert, if you just don't get it and think I am full of s**t, then you can just kiss my Spanish-German-French-Indian-British-Irish-Scottish ass. Top that off, Rupert.
ssvegita
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2001, 12:12:54 PM »

Why the hell would you tell us that ? personally I dont give a f**k what you do and if your going to drink wine dont tell us because I bet the people here dont care !!!!!
Trevor the rat
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2001, 01:04:09 PM »

yea that was clever.....
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2001, 04:35:18 PM »

Good! I am glad to see that I am got the only one to see that milord is most likely a Troll. But, he does raise a good question: "Why do we, or at least I, browse this site?" Let me use "Lair of the White Worm," as an example as to why, and it will also explain my feelings about Roger Ebert. Read the review for the film at this site, then read the review for the film by Ebert. Andrew Bonetreger gets the film dead on. Ebert gets the film dead wrong. That is why I trust the opinions of the good Sarge over those of Roger or most other critics, and that is why I browse this site. As for the strongest statement against fellatio, it is most likely what happened to poor Kevin the Scout (Chris Pitt) in "Lair of the White Worm." I have heard it said that scene put many men off of oral sex for many months. As for who founded our country, that is a question that can wait until another time. Enjoy
Chadzilla
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2001, 07:58:01 PM »

Forgot about that, eek!
Paul Westbrook
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2001, 02:41:23 PM »

You must realize, your highness, that a lot of people have trouble with bad pronunciation. I am Brantford's resident film expert, with 6,845 films to my credit. Bad movies do have their appeal, even if they are made on a shoestring budget. It depends greatly on the finiky tastes of the moviegoer. Still, you enjoy top grade films, so I respect your opinion.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The films featured on this page are truly appauling,how could anyone like such poppycock? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.