Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:44 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your favourite zombie « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Your favourite zombie  (Read 8336 times)
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« on: March 28, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »

I've noticed a lot of people here are really fond of zombies. They are scary, they are funny, they moan and they have no hestitation of ripping you apart and eating your intestines! What more would you want?
What is your favourite zombie of all time? It doesn't matter from which movie. Is it the intelligent zombie from day of the dead? The baby from braindead? Tell us!

My favourite is the half head in braindead, which does nothing but getting kicked around and sliding over the flood, trying to look very mean until he meets his sad demise in a blender :(

Post Edited (03-28-04 10:29)

Muahahahaha
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2004, 02:54:49 PM »

The fat zombie in the original DAWN OF THE DEAD....

There's a great fan site called THE ZOMBIE FARM where the guy who does the site writes little backstories for all the major zombies in the movie [also for the living characters, but they're not as good.]
JackFlack
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 12:02:05 AM »

The slimy zombie from "Return of the Living Dead" (I think his offical name is the "Tarman").  Man, it was smart as hell... it even built a simple machine to help it get to a victim.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 02:21:58 PM »

Well, if one is talking about an anonymous group of zombies, then the ones from a film reviewed at this site, "Cemetery Man" with its zombified boy scouts. If one is talking about a zombie identified in the credits, then it is Noble Johnson in the Bob Hope film "The Ghost Breakers."

Max Gardner
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:33:38 PM »

I'd have to go with Bub from Day of the Dead, but the zombie with two guns from Dawn of the Dead is a close second.
Dirtcreature
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2004, 12:04:34 AM »

Bub, from Day of the Dead, will always be my favourite zombie. Howard Sherman played the part brilliantly!

But I must say the cute, but worryingly obseesed with self-mutilation, red head lass and love interest for the hero of Return of the Living Dead was foxy, even for a zombie!

Sigh...guess you got to observe the movie to understand where I'm coming from on that one...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2004, 11:59:29 AM »

That's a tough one. They all have their own charm.

I suppose Jason Voorhees (Part 6 and later) technically counts as a zombie, although those weren't zombie movies in the strictest sense. He's a favourite of mine, although I'd have to say he hit his peak in his first zombie appearance, and never was quite as good afterward.

As for zombie movies, I really get a kick out of Lionel's uncle in Dead Alive, after Mum gets her claws on him. Just his head swaying around on the end of his spine. Makes me laugh.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Dutchman
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2004, 12:04:25 PM »

I've got to go with the poster boy from Fulci's Zombie. The crusty old conquistador with all those worms in his eyeball socket.
Darkautumn
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2004, 12:20:55 PM »

I have to go with the Templar Knights from Ossorio's "Blind Dead" series.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2004, 01:07:30 PM »

I'm going to have to agree with Dirtcreature here. The babe zombie...just something about her.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2004, 03:21:34 PM »

Dr. Tongue from Day of the Dead (the zombie with his lower jaw ripped off and his tongue dropping out.) Then I'd say Tarman or the flying refrigerator head zombie featured in zombi 3.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
JohnL

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 08:57:18 PM »

>But I must say the cute, but worryingly obseesed with self-mutilation, red head
>lass and love interest for the hero of Return of the Living Dead was foxy, even for
>a zombie!

That would be Mindy/Melinda Clarke in Return of the Living Dead 3.

Favorite Zombie, Serious: Probably Bub. Second place would probably go to the zombie with the iron in his head from The Video Dead.

Favorite Zombie, Comedy: Seth Green with a bottle sticking out of his head in Idle Hands.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 10:11:15 PM »

For laughs, the flying head that leaps out of the refrigerator in Zombi 3.
Seriously, I think I have to go with the popular vote and say Bub.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Dirtcreature
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2004, 06:19:16 PM »

JohnL, that's the one! I couldn't remember her name! I missed out the "3" by accident...need a new keyboard!

Uncle Lionel was cooler before he got zombified...especially how he single handedly took on and won against 50 zombies armed only with a carving knife and a meat cleaver!

Tarman was cool, loved his reaction on, after getting bopped on head with a tin of paint, seeing the rest of the gang! :o)

Another great zombie only had a little part, but had a great line...another from Return of the Living Dead. The one who heard the radio in the cab of the ambulence, and used it for himself!
JohnL

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2004, 06:42:34 PM »

>JohnL, that's the one! I couldn't remember her name! I missed out the "3" by

How could you forget Mindy Clarke? :)

Piece of trivia: A while back I downloaded a scan of her from Maxim or some other magazine, which included a little of the article and she said that she overhead one of her son's friends call her a MILF (Mom I'd Like to F***) and was flattered. How cool is that?

>accident...need a new keyboard!

Nah, you don't need a new keyboard, just clean that one. Usually, it's just a crumb, or little bit of dirt on the bottom of the contact that keeps it from making good contact. Flip it over, take out all the little screws and carefully take it apart, paying attention to how everything is arranged. Carefully blow/shake/brush out any crumbs or other debris that might be on the circuit board/flexi-circuit and use a Q-Tip dipped in Alcohol to clean the bottom of the key contacts. Then carefuly re-assemble everything. I've done this to at least a dozen keyboards of various types and never had a problem. Most are fairly simple to disassemble. Actually, I usually pop off all the keys as well and clean them and the case, so it ends up looking like new. (if you do this, make a diagram of where the keys go!)

As for zombies, I'm surprised that nobody so far has mentioned a zombie with loads of personality and a romantic nature to boot; Bud the Chud! :)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your favourite zombie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.