Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:18:29 AM
713333 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Your Personal Weapon Of Choice  (Read 11192 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: March 29, 2004, 04:18:04 AM »

I absolutely love the movie "Kill Bill" and in it, many characters have their personal weapon of choice.
Roger Ebert said it best in his review of that film...he says:

"Before she arrives in Tokyo, The Bride stops off to obtain a sword from Hattori Hanzo ("special guest star" Sonny Chiba). He has been retired for years, and is done with killing. But she persuades him, and he manufactures a sword that does not inspire his modesty: "This my finest sword. If in your journey you should encounter God, God will be cut."

Later the sword must face the skill of Go Go Yubari (Chiaki Kuriyama), O-Ren's teenage bodyguard and perhaps a major in medieval studies, since her weapon of choice is the mace and chain. This is in the comic book tradition by which characters are defined by their weapons."

A personal weapon of choice, if thrust into that type of situation where one would need to choose one, says a lot about a person.

I am curious to know what your personal weapon of choice would be assuming you had the proper training to wield it.
Whether it be a type of firearm or a hand to hand weapon such as a sword or even a large weapon such as artillery, what would you choose?

Why would you choose it and more importantly, would its selection reflect upon your personality?
If so, how?

Post Edited (03-29-04 05:17)
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 07:58:51 AM »

For firearms, I have always loved flamethrowers
Else a nunchaku or a bo stick (I love the moves ppl can make with them :)

BTW you forgot to mention your own :)

Muahahahaha
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 09:44:26 AM »

I've always liked that nuke-shooting bazooka from Starship Troopers.  What does that say about my personality?  I guess that I'm not a very detail-oriented person.
Brock
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 10:26:39 AM »

Sock full of quarters.  Or, should the situation escalate, a sack full of oranges.  Won't leave a bruise.
Neville

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 11:56:39 AM »

For me it would be either a samurai sword, a sawed-off shotgun or a semi-automatic gun. I don't know if it's defining of my personality (multiple?) or just that i recently saw "The Yakuza" (1975), where all this weapons are used in a great climatic scene.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
odinn7

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2004, 11:57:40 AM »

It would depend on the situation but I am a firm believer in 'peace through superior firepower'...
A 12 gauge pump would fit nicely into many situations. I think, however, if I had to pick a one-size-fits-all for that zombie attack or maybe to wipe out invading space aliens, I would most likely pick the good old, reliable AK-47. Compliment that with a reliable Glock or Sig in .40 cal and you're good to go.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2004, 12:19:27 PM »

Except for my pocketknife, which I ALWAYS carry, when I carry a weapon, it's a 9mm semi auto.  I'm proficient with it after much training (and fairly confident, the MOST important thing in self defense).

I have used my 12 ga. to chat with someone on my front yard that I did not know.

As for fantasy weapons?  I like the A-10 Warthog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
odinn7

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

Ulthar...
A little off topic here but what kind of 9 do you have?

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 02:05:13 PM »

It seems that Neville and I have similiar taste in weapons. For me, it is three as well. A sawed off, pump action shotgun w/ pistol grip and loaded with double ought buck.

Also a boot knife. "Always trust the man who is smart enough to carry a knife in his boot."

And a gatling gun. "Get out of my way. I'm goin' to crank this baby up and let it rip!"

Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 02:21:43 PM »

Thermal Nukes

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
ulthar

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 02:44:55 PM »

I have an EAA Witness, an early clone of the CZ-75.  It is SA/DA and shoots very nice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
nobody
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 04:20:11 PM »

Am I the only person on earth who thought "Kill Bill (Vol 1)" was a HORRIBLE movie?
odinn7

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 04:25:02 PM »

Cool. I was just curious as to what you owned. Among my guns I have a mid 90's stainless IMI Baby Eagle in 9mm. Very similar to a CZ also.

ulthar

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 05:19:44 PM »

I also have 3 .357 magnums (okay, one of them is my wife's), but I don't carry those.  I had a chance to get  a deep discount on a Sigma .40 a couple of years ago, and regret not doing it now.  I kind of like them.  IF I do get another handgun, it probably will be a .40.

Still holdin out for that A-10, tho.    ;)

--Real Genius
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 06:26:33 PM »

The new CZ in .45 acp. Sure the rounds are heaver (Even 180 grainers), but that puppy plays rough, for sure.
H&K MP-5 in .40. The Rolls Royce of SMGs.
Rifle: Gallil in 7.62. With scout scope.

Fantasy: Starfleet issue type2 Phaser. ( ST3 version). It stuns, its kills and leaves the animal intact, and it vaporises zombies compleatly...whats not to love?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.