Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:15:36 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Your Personal Weapon Of Choice  (Read 11193 times)
Max Gardner
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 06:40:36 PM »

Nope.  I was expecting a fun, somewhat light-hearted Shaw Bros. / Beat Takeshi tribute, and what I ended up watching was unpleasant, brutal and devoid of humor, except for a few sleazy touches I'm sure Tarantino found amusing.

As for my weapon of choice, in terms of close-range combat I'd have to go with a good beating stick.  Nothing fancy.  For those pesky opponents who will not square with me and my beating stick, I've always had a fondness for railguns.
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 06:46:49 PM »

Max Gardner, unpleasant, brutal and sleazy IS humor to some of us ;)
As for a favorite weapon, in the gun category it'd have to be the mini-gun that Jesse Ventura has in Predator.  The idea of being able to turn a whole roomful of idiots into a fine mist of blood in about 10 seconds thrills me to no end.
As for blades, the crazy flying guillotine on the chain that GoGo has in Kill Bill.  I'd love to be able to use one of those things.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
daveblackeye15

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2004, 06:47:48 PM »

Most likely a revolver, perhaps a colt. Isn't the most powerful handgun a revolver, because sometimes when I play a video game I want to kill an enemy quickly and without pain and I think this type of handgun can do it.

I guess for close combat I would use a big war hammer ( like the guy from Conan the Barbarian) Because I would like to bash a orcs head in. Heh heh.

Post Edited (03-29-04 18:30)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
raj

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2004, 06:56:33 PM »

Sword:  Samurai (because I'm studying Aikido).
Shotgun:  Streetsweeper, but they don't allow them anymore.
I'm also partial to the old Winchesters, there's something fun about the lever action.
For a personal sidearm, I've got a nice little .380, it fits my hand better that the big grip on my .357 (I do need to get that changed).
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2004, 07:07:49 PM »

raj wrote:

> I've got a nice little .380, it fits my
> hand better that the big grip on my .357 (I do need to get that
> changed).

Don't know what kind of grips you have on that .357 Mag, but we put Hogue grips on my wife's .357.  They are nice; semi soft rubber.  I tend to load hot max loads for .357, and these grips DO make a difference in comfort.

;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2004, 07:50:28 PM »

>As for a favorite weapon, in the gun category it'd have to be the mini-gun that
>Jesse Ventura has in Predator.

From what I've read, even if you could carry the gun itself, you also need a huge powerplant to run it and the ammo itself would be something like 100 pounds. They did show these omissions in the movie.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2004, 08:18:23 PM »

I'm well aware it's not exactly practical.  This is a fantasy weapon post after all.  But I dare anyone to argue with its coolness.
Hell, if the details are such a problem, here's my solution.  I'll have two midget slaves follow me with it, one pulling a small diesel generator on a rickshaw, the other pulling a trailer that feeds the gun ammo through a huge belt.

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
raj

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2004, 08:22:35 PM »

Mine came with the wooden grips (it's a retired cop gun.)  If I weren't so damn lazy, I'd get the new grips.  It's got a six inch barrel, so it wouldn't be my first choice to carry concealed.
raj

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2004, 08:26:55 PM »

Hell, just get me John Wayne's guns then.  They never run out of ammo, and they do a bang up job of dispatching the opposition.
odinn7

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2004, 09:09:03 PM »

Ulthar...
My collection consists of the Baby Eagle as mentioned earlier, 1960 Walther P-38 9mm, S&W .357, replica 1860 Colt black powder, Remington 870 12 gauge, Ruger Mini-14 in .223, SKS carbine, 1944 Turkish Mauser, and assorted .22s. I find the most fun, however, is with the Baby Eagle and either the Mini or the SKS. I like being able to shoot "fun" ammo fairly cheap and I'm sure you'll agree with that on the 9mm. Where are you at anyway? I'm in PA, still a gun friendly state.

Raj...
Ulthar is correct about Hogue grips. I used to have a Colt Anaconda in .44 and the grips were ludicrous. I bought a set of Hogue and they were probably about 75% of the size of the originals but fit my hand great. You might want to look into getting a set. I highly recommend them.

Finally, Brother R...
You sir, are correct. Nobody can argue with the coolness of the mini-gun. What I wouldn't give to have one of them. Well, one of them and the 2 midgets to help me with it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
raj

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2004, 09:36:11 PM »

Thanks odinn7 & ulthar, I'll look into those grips, next time I'm at Cabela's
Fluffy Catfood
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2004, 10:01:05 PM »

For me just a good old fashiond Fire Axe simple and brutal with that nasty spike on the back, you have to get in close :) As for a gun, I'd go with a grenade launcher like the one arnold uses in T2 that shoots the gas grenades, but mine would have proper destructive ones.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2004, 11:15:41 PM »

odinn7 wrote:

> Ulthar...
> I like being able to shoot "fun" ammo fairly cheap
> and I'm sure you'll agree with that on the 9mm. Where are you
> at anyway? I'm in PA, still a gun friendly state.
>

"Fun" shooting is just that, fun.  Boy, we have burned up many a brick of .22 longs with the 10/22.  The 9mm is a blast, especially double-taps and 'rapid fire.'  I load my own, so ammo is generally cheaper than storebought (and generally more accurate, too).

I even have a set of dies for the SKS, but you have to be careful which primers you use with that one, or she'll go 'full auto' on you (actually a slam fire due to over sensitive primers..once it starts, there's no way to stop it  ;)   )

I'm in SC these days.  FWIW, I'll only live in 'gun friendly' states.  ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Dirtcreature
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2004, 11:18:03 PM »

Well, my weapon of choice has two parts...

The first is my swearing. According to some, swearing means you are backward, and this will lure my foes into a false sense of security and leaving them open to the second part...

My body. Martial arts is a much more graceful way of defending yourself than unsubtly waving a gun at your foe. Fear the man who stares at your gun with a slight grin on his face.

But let's say I had no choice BUT to use a vulgar display of power, maybe perhaps one of those wonderful Weirding Guns from Dune?
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2004, 11:23:48 PM »

> Fear the man
>who stares at your gun with a slight grin on his face.

No, fear the man who holds something capable of vaporizing an entire room in seconds and  isn't stupid enough to give you the time to smirk and kick the gun out of his hand  :)

Brother R

- Rob Zombie
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.