Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:27:08 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Your Personal Weapon Of Choice  (Read 11190 times)
Dirtcreature
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2004, 11:42:51 PM »

Alright, seeing as subtlty is laughed at and looked down on, how about this...

The Chaostructor, from the 2000 AD comic strip "Zenith"

"A weapon of awesome power, it opens a dimensional to the Chao-ethoric, a dimension that is home to the primordial Chaos that existed everywhere before the birth of the Universe.

Once this dimensional gateway is opened, it cannot be closed. The Chao-etheric explodes into this dimension and erases it...forever. Not exacly subtle, but it'll do the job.

Now, are you completely sure you want to operate this hing manually?"
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2004, 01:41:09 PM »

Raj : Agree on the after market grips.
I had wood grips on my .357 Ruger Service six. Too small, and the recoil was rough. A change to Pacmar did the trick.

I have a 44 Moisan-Nagant , a ,303 Lee-Enfield MK3*, a Ruger 10/22 and MK2 pistol, a Ruger .357, and a Mossberg 88  12 gage with a Turkey choke.
But i'd also like....an M-1 Garand, M-1 Carbine, Mauser98k, and an 03 Springfield. Better end the list of "Wanna haves there."....ain't got all day!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Nick C.
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 02:50:11 PM »

Flangepart wrote:> Raj : Agree on the after market grips.
> I had wood grips on my .357 Ruger Service six. Too small, and
> the recoil was rough. A change to Pacmar did the trick.
>
> I have a 44 Moisan-Nagant , a ,303 Lee-Enfield MK3*, a Ruger
> 10/22 and MK2 pistol, a Ruger .357, and a Mossberg 88  12 gage
> with a Turkey choke.
> But i'd also like....an M-1 Garand, M-1 Carbine, Mauser98k, and
> an 03 Springfield. Better end the list of "Wanna haves
> there."....ain't got all day!

Hey, where did you find all of these guns at?    

For a gun: Desert Eagle

Hand weapon: Double-edged Battle Axe
raj

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 02:51:01 PM »

Flange,
M1 carbine is real fun to shoot.  Mine's circa WWII, so it shoots a bit low & to the right.  The trick comes when you should the thing one handed.  Easy enough to do, but not so easy to hit the target.
Yaddo42
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 02:55:43 PM »

Already endorsed by others, but I'll add my support for Hogue grips. I bought a Hogue Monogrip for my S&W 586 I bought used years ago. It had some ugly and uncomfortable synthetic fake wood grips with cute deep finger grooves that made it hard get a positive grip in a hurry. Also whoever had the gun before had cut or broke the top part of the left grip off to make speedloaders easier to use. The Hogue grip is great - easy to find a firm and comfortable grip in a hurry, just soft enough to have some give and cushioning (especially after your hand warmth passes to it), no problem with speedloaders, etc.

Weapons of choice:

Sawed off pool cue, katana, Sikes-Fairbain British Commando Knife, Browning Hi-Power 9mm (durable, tough, easy to find ammo) Kalashnikov/AK of some type (same reasons), Winchester 1897 12 gauge (you can hold back the trigger and fire shots as fast as you can work the slide in emergencies on the early models, apparently the same feature has been retained on those new Norico made copies for the cowboy action shooting market.).

Fantasy WOC:
Whatever the uber-weapon Gary Oldman was dealing in "The Fifth Element", kind of covered all bases in a compact package.
Flangepart

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 07:09:47 PM »

Well, NickC, the .22s and the Enfield i got at a Gun store i frequant, the Nagant at the P.R.O. gun show, and the .357 from a friend, who's brother wanted an S&W.
Hummm....
Clutlery :....A Katana...a Sikes-Fairbarn...a Marine K-bar...and a Gurka Kurkri!
Raj.:.luckey Bugger!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 10:37:45 PM »

I'm a bit surprised noone has mentioned that gadget from "Orgazmo."  That could come in, er, handy.

On the subject of knives and collections and such, my nephew collects knives.  A few years ago, my wife and I spotted an ad in a magazine for a limited edition, beautifully engraved Bowie knife.  There were to be (iirc) 1500 numbered ones made.  We thought "that'd make a good present."  So we ordered it.

When it arrived, we just HAD to look at it before wrapping it up.  Imagine our joy and surprise to learn WE GOT #1!!  That was soooo coooool.  #1 of 1500.

(Now, don't any of you guys now say, "yeah, I got #1 also"  "yeah, so did I" ... )

:)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Evil Matt
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 11:48:47 PM »

Having a cannon that shot rabid baboons would be cool.  Loading it would be a b***h, though.

Everything's funnier with monkeys.
odinn7

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2004, 12:30:00 AM »

I just thought of my fantasy weapon of choice: the Lexx...oh yeah, I need me one of those.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
unknow number
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004, 05:30:04 AM »

Hum weapon of choice?

i'd have to go with something smashy so it would by an medevil cav war hammer it an smash skulls and do some nasty damage with the spike on the reverse swing.

as for firearms the pulse rifle form Aliens not only can you fill em full of lead but you can blow the s**t out of them with the grenade launcher!
Neville

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 09:37:53 AM »

I was a bit reluctant to admit this, but since this post has derived into phantasy world by now, here it goes: My personal weapon of choice is the cauliflower bazooka I saw in a recent "A-Team" re-run. A katana can slice a person into two, a sniper rifle can kill you from half a mile away, a sawed-off shotgun is cool, but you can beat a cauliflower bazooka. Not only it knocks out enemies at close range, it is also environment-friendly.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2004, 09:33:44 PM »

.  .  .  .  1.  Straight razor ( ...not just for others, [ Predator ]...).  2.  Machete.  3.  Glass bottles.  Phantasy: the popcorn gun from Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

Post Edited (04-02-04 10:07)
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2004, 01:22:46 AM »

1: Give me a sword made with modern technology.  And maybe a roomful of zombies or something to use it on.

2:  Pulse rifle, baby.  Aliens never know what hit 'em.

3:  A Kill-O-Zap gun from The Hitchiker's Guide.  Just for comedic value.
cajunbuilt
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2004, 09:56:50 AM »

After a egghead walked up to my truck and shot me 3 times at point blank range with a 12 gauge pump with oo Buckshot  4 weeks ago i would have to say I like a 686 357 magnum it shoots through windows well and you dont have to worry about the safety being on ,yes you can get shot  3 times at point blank range and still live IF JESUS shields you and he did he shot me in the face ,right arm ,chest ,and back shoulder , i found that using a auto pistol to protect yourself in a real life battle at close range takes some practice. Oh by the way your probaly wondering about him well hes DEAD .
ED
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2004, 05:24:47 PM »

Actually, many many people walked out when my brother-in-law went to see it.   I like a good movie, but I do not understand Q.T's use of ultra-violence as some form of an artistic statement.  It just gets in the way  of some decent cinematic storytelling.   He makes good movies, the sprays blood all over them.  I just do not get it.
But back to the weapon of choice... Mine is a 12 gauge shotgun with slugs or buckshot, AND a bayonet mount, just for those times when you run out of ammo.  
Also the Quake I nail gun is my favorite video-game related weapon.  
-Ed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your Personal Weapon Of Choice « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.