Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:22:01 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something for the Bruce Campbell Fans « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Something for the Bruce Campbell Fans  (Read 1215 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« on: April 01, 2004, 09:19:49 PM »

I love to slip movie references into the paper, especially when most of them sail right over the heads of my editor and everybody else. Still, I wasn't sure this one would get by without being touched.

This is tomorrow's business page, with a feature I wrote on the "Sausage King" and his new venture in quality lunch meat. As to how he got to be the king, I actually called him that in something I wrote a couple of years ago, and the name stuck. Go figure.

Anyway, he's a good guy, with a sense of humour, so I thought I'd throw a little AoD into the headline.

Post Edited (04-01-04 20:54)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 08:27:54 AM »

Great job :) I love Bruce.

Muahahahaha
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 11:13:42 AM »

Boy, Bruce Campbell sure looks different in that picture :)  . Way to go!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Flangepart

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 06:11:25 PM »

Good on yer, AndyC!

The guy kinda looks like The Shatner! Only, a lot more porkier. And at 400lbs, i can say that!
Hey, what paper is it you work for, anyhoo?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 10:05:16 PM »

To think now he played the king of rock and roll!
JohnL

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2004, 03:15:07 AM »

Recently, I saw a commercial that made me wonder if other people occasionally do stuff like this.

The commercial is for a foot-care product called Kerasol (pronounced carousel). The last line of the commercial is, "Renew your feet with Kerasol." Sounds like the writer might have been a Logan's Run fan.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 10:07:44 AM »

The Elmira Independent, which is actually corporate owned. The name is sort of a vestige. Been there for years.

One of the benefits of this job is that I've been able to write a b-movie column once a month (if I feel like it) for the past three years or so.

I suppose the sausage king headline is the best movie reference I've been able to slip into a regular news story. My previous favourite was the title I gave to a historical feature I had researched on a local school principal who served in the 20s and 30s. The guy was a major figure and even has a school named after him, but information on him was hard to come by. I tracked a bunch of it down and put it in a two-page spread that has been hanging, framed, in the school foyer for four years. The title of the introduction was "Reconstructing a past life." Can't you just hear Chuck Heston's voice?

Back when Escape from LA came out, I wrote a review of it, with the headline "Snake Plissken? I thought he was dead!" Of course, that one doesn't count, because the reference was related to the story. I was pretty pleased with myself just the same.

There are a bunch of little ones I've slipped in from time to time, but those are my favourites.

Post Edited (04-04-04 11:47)

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Something for the Bruce Campbell Fans « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.