Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:37:02 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing New Influx of Unoriginality « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Disturbing New Influx of Unoriginality  (Read 2484 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »

ASHTHECAT wrote:

>
> I edited that s**t out about lower case names....happy now?
>

Great.  Now our replies won't make any sense to anyone reading the thread later....

;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 05:57:08 PM »

I've been coming  here for  a couple of years because I enjoyed  Andrew's reviews. I just started reading the forum a  few months ago and decided to start participating.  I have been amazed sometimes at which posts generate the most responses. I've started quite a few that were pretty much duds, but I've also had a couple that really generated a lot  of  discussion.  

I have joined in on other  forums and left them because of the juvenile attitude of the posters. I like this board because people are typically respectful and there have been very few flame wars started.  I can see Ash's point to some degree, but  I see no reason to berate anyone for their screen name and how they choose to spell or punctuate it .

I only know one thing for sure, this  post will be around for a while.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Jamtoy
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 07:18:15 PM »

Just as there are people who love to write computer viruses, there are groups who love to mess up forums on websites.

For about the past 3 years, there are 2 forums I visit just about every day, this one and another one that is a  Japanese toy website.  That toy site was hit a while back by a group, club, team, or whatever who make it there task to START FLAME WARS ON WEB SITE FORUMS AND GET THE FORUM SHUT DOWN!!!  They find a web site and flood it with useless posts, start flame wars on stupid things and just try to cause a problem!  That Toy website had to totally change how there system works, log in, topic listing, moderators, etc.  to curb the attack.  The board is not what it used to be.  It's almost like the heart of the site has been removed.  Now you have to watch what you say because someone may think your comment is ignorant and cut you post from the site.  Some of the best people on that site have left.  Also, don't ask about eBay auctions, they will tear into you because they want the toys and don't want to help you make an educated purchase.    

Just because a person posts something stupid doesn't mean there a part of one of those groups.  But I think with a little intelligence on our part, we can see when a person is trying to cause trouble and just ignore them.

Seven years on MacGyver and you cannot figure this out? We got belt buckles, shoe laces, and a piece of gum. Build a nuclear reactor for crying out loud.  You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, MacGimmick, and now you are now 'Mr. MacUseless'.
Kingdog
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 10:10:06 PM »

Hey I am sorry that there are so many new comers posting. I know I am one.
May be you should take this as a sign that a new generation of B-film lovers has been born. We just need to learn things and watch the movies. So until then be patient with us so that we can become knowledgable in the B-film industry.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2004, 10:34:02 PM »

We will always have an influx of new forum members.  They will run from excellent posters to annoying trolls.  Some will stay a while and some will only post once or twice.  I guess my only hope is that by providing a place to discuss b-movies and our varied interests, everyone gains some knowledge and has fun.

Heck, maybe we need new posters to kickstart different discussions.  I will say this about a missing regular:  I really miss Chadzilla.  It was also nice to see Gerry stopping by again after his absence.  Lots of people can pop in and out depending on what is going on in their lives.  I always seem to notice after someone has been gone a little while.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
JohnL

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 12:03:17 AM »

>I few months ago, I posted a thumbnail sketch of an Australian movie
>called "Visitors" that my wife and I rented that we thought was pretty cool. No one
>responded.

I don't know about others, but I haven't seen that movie, so I didn't really have anything to say on the subject.

>Annoying posts that seem to be made just to get attention while they have no
>content whatsoever

That's called "trolling".
eeeee5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 01:45:06 AM »

"... the first number one aspect is that their names are always something unoriginal & forgettable... Maybe it's just me but to spell one's name in all lower case signals a lack of creativity... "
"... rifle and scope is in order... "
"... annoying trolls... "
.  .  .  .  Hey, if I'm your problem just say so, I'll leave here.  I really don't mean to offend anyone.  Just post it.  I really don't care (well... ), whoever has a problem, just say so.  My name makes no sense, I'm not very coherent, I don't have as great a knowledge as others, I prefer horror films (but don't like the reviewers on most sites, nor their "discussion's"), I go off topic on posts occassionally (maybe a lot), have probably offended most (accidentally), I don't post topics much, I am not usually that creative, and some (maybe all) of my posts are p**s-poor.  I guess I like leaving my e-mail w/ the mods for just such a problem.  You (ASHTHECAT) have posted this numerous times, since I've been here so, my natural sense of paranoia points to me (though it's been only 2-3 months).  Whatever the problem is, just say so (I mean this for the mods too).  If there's no problem, I'd like to hear back as well.
.  .  .  .  Well at least your post is now old enough to drink.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 08:37:22 AM »

Don't worry, eeeee5, nobody is referring to you, and Ash was doing this long before you arrived on the scene. Really, I think the posters we're all talking about are the ones that aren't really interested in a discussion or being members of the group. They pop in for a while and try to stir the pot, just for the sake of being annoying, then take off. For example, a one-time poster calling himself evildeadhater who posts "Evil Dead sucks" to see what happens (although that would probably spark a pretty good discussion). I don't hink you fit into that category. You're quite welcome here.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Disturbing New Influx of Unoriginality « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.