Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:59:57 AM
713386 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reccomend a B-movie for me ("horror" prefered)... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reccomend a B-movie for me ("horror" prefered)...  (Read 3238 times)
Lørne C.
« on: September 07, 2001, 08:12:40 AM »

I recently found this site and recognised a lot of movies I saw when I was about 8 (I'm 16 now), so I went to the video store and rented a few (Killer Klowns, Tremors 1 & 2, The Willies = a MUST SEE - it scared the crap out of me back then but seeing it now it's HILLARIOUS)...

So could anyone reccomend a "horror" movie to me - thanks a lot...
Nathan
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2001, 10:43:20 AM »

The Hitcher, starring Rutger Hauer.  Saw it the first time when I was sixteen, staying alone in my grandparents' big empty house in the middle of freaking nowhere.  Did me tons of psychological damage.

Nathan
Chadzilla
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »

As far as scared the crap out of me as a kid makes me laugh my ass off as an adult...Prophecy (1979).  That is one mega-budget b-movie misfire that is a whole lot of fun to watch.

Maniac (1980) is a movie that creepy because its so real on some levels.

And for ghosts I would recommend The Legend of Hell House.

There - monsters, slashers, and ghosts...oh my!
Steve.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2001, 01:48:19 PM »

Just trawl around the reviews sections and pick a juicy one - you can't fail. If you're spoilt for choice, try Basket Case, Frankenhooker, Evil Dead etc etc etc etc.
AndyC
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2001, 02:00:26 PM »

It's Alive - the classic killer baby flick. The TV commercials scared the crap out of me as a little kid - the music, the dark room, the cradle slowly turning to show claws hanging over the side, the crying. Spooky as hell, and it made me reluctant to pick the movie up on video even as a teenager. When I finally saw it, I had to laugh.

The Being is another funny one. Set over Easter in a little Idaho town, it has a one-eyed mutant attacking an incredibly dumb populace, while leaving green Jello everywhere it goes.
PoorLogic
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2001, 02:35:09 PM »

If you can find it at a rental store, try "BAD TASTE" by Peter Jackson, pretty much a classic b-movie by everyone's standards - there's a review of it on this site. A must see!
Lester1/2jr.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2001, 09:19:06 PM »

It depends. A very campy horror movie is Bloody Pit of Terror.  It's a ridiculous muscleman/ex-actor who puts on this red hood and becomes the "Crimson Executioner".  There are varying levels of horror.  Some people really hate the campy stuff, others thumb their nose (is that the expression?) at the slasher stuff.  Texas Chainsaw massacre, etc.
mugwump
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2001, 01:13:55 AM »

Alice Sweet Alice- with a very young brook sheilds. a very low-budget 70's slasher flick, but it's not your typical run of the mill stuff, lots of religous overtones also.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Reccomend a B-movie for me ("horror" prefered)... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.