Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:52:13 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "shaun of the dead" « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "shaun of the dead"  (Read 3370 times)
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 07, 2004, 02:24:16 PM »

does anybody heard about this film?? it seems to be a parody of down of the death or wathever, another horrid parody of good horror film?? i thought i had enough with scary movie, but it seems to be that its not. anyway, how can i take serioulsy a zombie film?? :)

Post Edited (04-20-04 15:10)

pauli
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 05:37:16 PM »

never heard of it..what is "Shaun" anyway?
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 06:10:20 PM »

i have no idea,  i read it on a banner, will be released soon on cinemas. it seems to b a comedy with zombies, cheesy.

pauli
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 06:12:15 PM »

It's actually a British spoof of the large volume of zombie films we have been subjected to lately.  

The title is actually Shaun Of The Dead, and looks to be along the lines of Monty Python Meets Romero.  Look around the web for a trailer to see exactly what I mean.  Looks like a hilarious film, with a lot of promise.  I just hope we get it here in the states.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
C Reynolds
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 07:06:53 PM »

Actually I thought it was good.

I've just got back from seeing it at the cinema here in England. It's not as good as "Dead Alive" or "Return of the Living Dead", but it's definitely near the top of the pile of zombie comedies. It does also work quite well as just a straight zombie survival movie - lots of zombies, lots of people getting killed, and some pretty tense scenes.

*****      SPOILERS      ******

The best bits were probably at the beginning where Shaun doesn't realise that zombies have taken over the world and the "Six Months Later" bit at the end. Plus there was an excellent scene where the zombies ripped a man's guts out and ate them. My main complaint is that the comedy doesn't always mix with the horror too well.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2004, 07:34:58 AM »

Reynolds,

Thanks for the review.  I REALLY hope we get this film stateside.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
libdigital
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2004, 06:57:22 PM »

Is tha best comedy that i seen in a long time
libdigital
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2004, 06:59:14 PM »

Shaun is a name, is the main character`s name
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2004, 06:49:42 AM »

I saw it and loved it! enough gore and sly references to other zombie films to keep the attention from wandering, and some

If any of you in the US have seen the British comedies "Spaced" or "Black Books", then you'll be familiar with the cast of "Shaun of the Dead".  Simon Pegg, who wrote it and is the star, also had a cameo in the first episode of "Band of Brothers"

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Susan
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 09:57:52 PM »

here's the trailer for anyone interested:

Shaun of the Dead

MonsterX
Dedicated Viewer

Likes to wear mittens.

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 05:08:35 AM »

I’ve been reading about this move for months; I can’t wait till it comes State-side.  Then again, I get pretty excited about any zombie movie.  The Creature Corner has been giving it some pretty high praise, and they haven’t let me down yet.

"There was no monster. . . "
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2004, 04:16:15 AM »

My girlfriend first downloaded this movie for me, when it looked like we'd never see it stateside out of a DVD release.
Then I went to England and saw a midnight show in Picadilly Circus.
Now I get to see it in U.S. theaters.  I'll be one of the lucky few who get to see it theatrically in two countries.
This movie absolutely rocks, and I can't wait to see it again.

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
AlexB
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2004, 02:32:03 AM »

I'v just seen Shaun of the Dead, and it is an absolute must see!! The best thing I've seen for a long time.

It is basically 'The Office' meets '28 days later'. Shaun is the kind of man who thinks that, when zombies are taking over the world, the sensible thing to do is to go down to the pub and wait till it blows over. In fact, we're about 30 minutes into the movie before he realises the place is crawling with the living dead.
helter_skelter777
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004, 04:36:52 PM »

First off, it's "dawn of the dead" not "down of the dead".  Second, "Shaun of the dead" is not a parody of "dawn"; it's more or less a tribute film to the Romero zombie trilogy.  The writers (Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright) created a zombie film that was both funny and at the same time true to the zombie horror genre.  Really, "Shaun" is more like a UK/slacker version of "Dawn", and nothing like the scary movie films (if they could even be called that).  So, pauli, perhaps you should see a movie before judging it.
blkrider
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 01:15:29 PM »

Yes, this works just as well as a horror film as it does a comedy, a trick that is very hard to pull off.  I think it's the best film of its type since RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, and it's a must-see for any zombie fan.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "shaun of the dead" « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.