Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:55 AM
713391 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  alien vs. predator « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: alien vs. predator  (Read 8436 times)
abner
« on: April 09, 2004, 05:51:42 PM »

I heard that alien vs. predator is coming out this August.  I don't really know what to think of it yet.  It's being directed by the same guy who brought us "Resident Evil" and "Event Horizon".  I thought that "Event Horizon" was a pretty good gruesome movie, but "Resident Evil" didn't really do anything for me.  I hope that it's good because the last couple of "Alien" movies really didn't have much spunk.  I think that predator is going to kick ass though.
nobody
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 05:55:51 PM »

He also directed "Mortal Kombat." How did you like that movie? ;)

I'll go see it, but I'm not expecting anything too great.
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 06:22:44 PM »

I'll see it also but I'll keep my expetections low....very low.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 06:32:30 PM »

Well I fear that Paul Anderson is going to f**k it up just like he has with everything else. I hope there is a spot in hell for directors like him.

Smells like popcorn and shame
nobody
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 06:46:42 PM »

One of my favorite video games, "Bloodrayne", is headed for the big screen, but Uwe Bol (I think that's how you spell his name), the fool who directed "House of the Dead", is going to ruin the franchise beyond belief.

If you want to see some of the crappiest direction ever (aside from "The Hulk"), rent "House of the Dead."
Fluffy CatFood
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 10:02:01 PM »

Uwe boll is also making a movie of "Alone in the Dark" And "Far Cry" Alone in the dark has christian slater starring. If that prick bol lays his hands on the thief franchise I will be forced to murder him.

In regards to AvP a teaser trailer and featurette were released at www.apple.com/trailers a while ago It doesnt sound too bad but I'm not sure yet. I dont like the idea of teenage predators going to an alien infested temple in Antarctica as a test of manhood. I do beleive Lance Henrikson will be in it playing Charles weyland, one of the founding members of the weyland-yutani corporation.
I luv dolma
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:14:55 PM »

Was "House of the Dead" really that bad?
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 11:07:16 PM »

Yes Dolma it really is that bad.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 12:17:59 AM »

Paul Anderson and Uwe Boll are two idiots who think they can make it big. I'm planning on working on films for my career. When (or if) I do reach that point of responsibility and have to work, I hope I don't lose my careers to a bunch of gun-ho Rednecks who probably don't even know how to shoot. I hate Paul Anderson for ruining some of my favorite actors career, and I hate Uwe Boll for saying he is as good as George A. Remereo. Hell, I'm writing mine own zombie horror script in it people use their brains*key-word* not their weapons. They use ingenuity instead of guns. So far it is 100% better than House of the Dead I'll take the pepsi challenge with two screenplays, and I am only 35% done with it. Another item is why the hell did Romereo and Savini are in the House of the Dead DVD.  Then Paul puts his crap as badges of greatness in the history of cinema. They better not do any on some of the classical Lucas Arts games, especially classics like Maniac Mansion, Full Throttle, Sam and Max, or Dark Forces. They better not do Deus Ex, Ghost Recon, Half-Life, Call of Duty, Freedom Force, Black and White, or other great games of origional type. These guys really need to give up their dreams.
I luv dolma
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2004, 02:02:17 AM »

What kind of "bad" is House of the Dead?

Oasis of the Zombies bad or Zombis' Lake bad?

Is the average b-movie fan fit to sit through it? I'm dying to rent it, but feel like I'm going to end up wasting 4.50 on it.
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2004, 08:23:41 AM »

I love the AvP games and the Predator has been one of my favorite creatures since I first saw the original movie. I think the whole idea behind the Predator and his costume design is awesome. That said, I suspect that the AvP movie will be destroyed with too much use of computers, so I am not too anxious to have this movie come out. I will see it and hopefully I am wrong and it turns out great.

Dolma, I will probably catch crap for this but I didn't think House of the Dead was quite as bad as most people make it out to be. It's not great so don't get me wrong. The story is bad, the acting is bad. There are 2 things that I thought made this movie watchable: Ona Grauer and it is fairly entertaining as long as you don't take it too seriously. I think the majority of people who are bashing it so badly are fans of the video game and apparently, it wasn't a good representation of the game. Overall, the movie let me down in that it wasn't as good as the ads made it out to be but I wasn't upset that I spent the money at Ballbuster to rent it. This is a bad movie site, isn't it? This was a bad movie, rent it, it's only 4.50.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2004, 02:18:03 PM »

No, the problem with House of the Dead is that it WAS a good representation of the game:  Fluff with terrible acting, zombies, and stupidity.  It's entertaining for the first half-hour, but once you get to the hundredth zombie-bullet-time-death, it loses it's charm.

Not worth bothering with even a rental.
dean
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2004, 11:25:29 PM »

<
I recently read an interview with him that said that he was sick of everybody using so much CGI and AVP was going to hopefully go back to the roots of movie making by actually using models, just like the original Alien\Predator movies.

Just by hearing that I gave him so much more respect.  At least he's not some complete sell out that uses CGI at every given moment.  [sure he did a bit in Resident Evil, but he couldve used more and thankgod he didn't]

His movies may be cheap and stupid at times, but I actually enjoy them.  I was upset about him doing AVP only because the story isn't really anything like the game [it was a good story] and also because I wanted it to be slick production [something Anderson isn't exactly known for] but on viewing the website and hearing that quote about CGI I am happy to say that I am actually looking foward to this movie, whether it be horrible or not.

So let's not just go on a rant every time we hear people are planning to make a movie: give em a chance, at least one has got to be good eventually, and AVP is shaping up to be better than I originally expected [though I am still sceptical]
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2004, 11:53:54 PM »

the movie will be either so-so or just plain suck.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  alien vs. predator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.