Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:40:52 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst Fighting movie I have ever seen. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Worst Fighting movie I have ever seen.  (Read 5939 times)
The Bard
« on: March 06, 2001, 07:13:16 PM »

I don't know if any of you have ever experinced the joy of "Mortal Kombat: Anhilation" but I have. Let me give you a backtrack.

Me and my buddy had watched the first Mortal Kombat about a million times. Then we got word of MK:A. All hyped up about it we buy tickets about an hour early,and then hang around. Someone informs me about a "Mud Fight scene" (of course,the real joy of this was killed when we noticed Sonja was a new actor)

Once we got in the theater,it was a differnet story. WE WERE ALL ALONE! We must have looked gay to any passer bys. We didn't care though,it was cool.  Then came the best part of the whole movie (of course within the first ten minutes, kinda like Jason goes to Hell) where one of the incredibly annoying charectors are killed by the bad guy. We then figure out that there's a new Rayden who is nothing like Chris Lambert. The movie only gets worse. The fight scenes were soo bad that most of the time the editor must have turned down the brightness. The "Special Effects" were on Ed Wood type level. The mud fight was about 3 seconds long. Some of the really strong guys in the game were getting beaten and tossed around like nothing. Me and my buddy begin boo'ing the movie,and then decide to fall asleep. I guess I was snoring too loud cause someone came in to wake me up just in time to see the lamest Claymation battle of all time.

This was easily worse then Street Fighter. I actually think Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat 1 are on the same level. Raul Julia was awesome in that movie,especially when they let him rant and rave about ruling the world. Although,I belive the costume they had him wear brought about his death a lot quicker.

Anyone else seen MK:A? Or anything even worse then it? I find it hard to belive something could be worse. It currently resides just outside the bottom 100 at 3.0 rating on IMDB. Too bad,as it's much worse then any of the Police Academy's on the list.
peter johnson
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2001, 08:00:27 PM »

Funny you should mention Ed Wood.  Easily the fakest looking fight on screen involves Wood himself in "Jailbait".
Boz824
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2001, 08:42:26 PM »

I haven't seen the movie in about a year, but from what I remember, I agree with your critisms of the movie. However, I'm sure there are far worse fighting movies out there, such as almost every Wu Tang movie ever made.
Mofo Rising
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2001, 09:05:23 PM »

I would have thought a new Rayden who was nothing like Christopher Lambert could only be a good thing.  Guess I was wrong.

My favorite worst fighting movie is only cemented in my mind because I was on vacation one year, and every hotel we stopped in was playing this movie on cable.  I forget the title, and the only thing I remember about it was the main character outrunning a bus while a black guy in a wheelchair who was training him yells "Boo-yah!  You did it!  Boo-yah!  Boo-yah!"  Then at the end tournament fight thing it turns out that the black guy was the main bad guy all along.  Truly a z-grade movie that I'd like to see again, if only I knew the title.
Mix Masta Minion
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2001, 12:35:45 AM »

Is a bad fight film but is very funny.  Check it out.
Amazing Colossal Puma Man
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2001, 12:59:11 AM »

It was, eh, pretty bad.  The best part of the movie was the 12 second appearance by every single character ever to appea rin a Mortal Kombat game.  "Hi, I'm Sub-Zero 2, the brother of the original Sub-Zero who was in the first movie.  Well, that's my story, time for me to leave this godawful movie.  Bye."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Worst Fighting movie I have ever seen. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.