Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:58:38 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Intelligent films that have lots of gore? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Intelligent films that have lots of gore?  (Read 5943 times)
The Ghoul
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2004, 04:26:57 PM »

Here's a great cult movie that has some decent gore and is intelligent in a Twilight Zone kind of way. "The Cube" came out just a few years ago, made by some sick Canadians. It's about some weird prison maze that maims & kills in unexpected ways with each door opened. Fun for the whole family!!
jga
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2004, 10:07:22 PM »

Cube looks interesting, I was just reading reviews about it the other day.

"Or possibly Matthew Barney's Cremaster 3 (lots of bizarre imagery here, a bit of gore, but, yes, it's impossible to see because there are only about 10 copies in existence)."

Cremaster 3 is also known as The Order right? The guy on the cover looks freaky.
Ravenlocke
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2004, 12:05:33 PM »

I'd say Kill Bill Vol. 1 in that it is pretty much a samurai film homage and the Japanese spoken is pretty much authentic by the people who speak it and their station in the main scheme of things even though there was probably only a day or two filming in Japan for the scene of Uma on the motorcycle(the Okinawa and 50s style izakaya sets were obviously just that).
Hugomarink
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2004, 08:18:39 PM »

Yeah, "Cube" is pretty darn good! A riveting movie. I recommend it.

Andy
Max Gardner
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2004, 12:55:22 AM »

Cube is very creepy and tense - but horribly acted, so prepare for some pain in that department.
Kory
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2004, 06:23:59 AM »

I liked "Cube" as well.   Have you seen "Cube 2"?  I haven't gotten around to renting it and I don't know anyone that's seen it.
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2004, 04:36:05 AM »

>I liked "Cube" as well. Have you seen "Cube 2"? I haven't gotten around to
>renting it and I don't know anyone that's seen it.

It aired on the SciFi channel last year, so many of the people here including myself have seen it. It's also going to air again next Sat. at 3pm (EST) on SciFi.

Most people didn't like it as well as the first one. Where the original cube was set inside a semi-belivable mechanical construction, Cube 2 seems to be in some kind of virtual reality. Some rooms lead to the future or the past or have other weird traps. The problem I had with it was that you never feel as if the characters have any hope of figuring out how to get out of it, as nothing makes sense and you would probably need a supercomputer to figure out the layout of the rooms. I don't want to spoil the ending, but it doesn't make sense at all and will leave you thinking WTF??? (What The F***)
Kory
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2004, 12:36:35 PM »

good to know- thanks!
Fluffy Bastard
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2004, 08:29:41 AM »

Check out ExistenZ. Virtual reality film in which the characters make their weapons from bones and intestines
bradleyhadcroft
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

the film you are looking for is called "trouble every day". its art house cinema , almost immpossible to under stand and totally utterly unforgetable. Buy it uncut on the net , invite some poor unsuspecting friends round for the night and enjoy the mingling sounds of "what the frigs going on" and projectile vomiting. seriously its class.

best wishes,

brad.
jga
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 12:57:22 AM »

cool, I found Trouble Everyday, $32 though

http://cweb2.millenianet.com/cgi-bin/ccdbdis.pl?merchant=diabolik01&action=item&ItemID=troubleeverydayuk&inum=1&term=trouble%20every%20day

I might buy that ExistenZ movie, found it for $11
MeAndMyMeatCleaver
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2004, 01:01:31 AM »

Cube, as said above. Very thinky and gory. One of my favorites.

The sequel tries to hard on both accounds and really falls on its self.  Its enjoyable but a fleck of dust compared the orginal.

Word has it Cube 0 is filming right now.

<<Insert great, oversaid Evil Dead2/DeadAlive quote here>>
bradleyhadcroft
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2004, 07:49:36 AM »

go to http://www.pokerindustries.com/. you can pick trouble every day up here for $17.99 . i always deal with them and their service is great. its also the best place to pick up the fantastic ichi the killer uncut as well as the magnificent "versus" which kicks total ass in the gore department as well as having a complex plot. Never order mopre that two movies at a time or youll get f**ked on the import tax.I warn you again that trouble every day will suck you in and then spit you out a changed person , and is the most powerful disturbing film since salvador dalis un chien andalou  (you know the one with the sliced eyeball) made in 1929. The only film where faintings during screenings is a reality rather than promotional fiction

best wishes,

Brad.
ajah
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2004, 02:21:29 PM »

gore movies don't need to be intelligent, stupid
jga
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2004, 06:34:54 PM »

"gore movies don't need to be intelligent, stupid"

Well duh. That's why I'm looking for something different.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Intelligent films that have lots of gore? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.