Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:19:00 PM
714381 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sacrilegious remake of Porky's « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Sacrilegious remake of Porky's  (Read 3696 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: April 20, 2004, 01:22:29 PM »

Has anyone else read about this? What's next? Is nothing sacred? Does anyone have a semi-original idea anymore?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 01:59:03 PM »

do u call porky´s something sacred?? the most machist and sexist film i have ever seen??, yes i hope that someday girls are not treated  just as a piece of meat anymore, and thats a good idea for the "teen films" that were and are, make nowadays,
sorry thats my opinion about porky´s, i know u guys u love this film and the entire series, but this kind of films "bunch of horny teenage nerds try to quit  with they virginity " turn me right off.

pauli
George
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 02:16:23 PM »

Porky's was the greatest when I was a kid.  Obviously, as I have grown I realize that that's not the way life really works.  No one will really page "Mike Hunt".  But......the stuff is funny...and everyone has a friend that they called either "Meat" or "Peewee".

Porky's is to guys as Sex in the City is to girls.

These are just movies people.....they can't hurt you.
George
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 02:17:01 PM »

P.S....I think Howard Stern is producing this.  Should be fun.
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004, 02:28:48 PM »

it doens hurt me at all, its juts a  film and i dont take it really seriously.its just that this is not the kind of comedy i like,and of course i respect everybody who does, i just find it, primitive, anyway, i admit that porky´s it can be an icon of the 80ies american comedies, by other heand, i think that sex in the city its a great comedy, clever, fun, naughty etc......
so howard stern is it producing it??

pauli
lester1/2jr
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004, 05:08:01 PM »

Yes.  I wonder if he'll get what's her name from Sex and the City to reprise her role as the sexy howling gym teacher lady.  I'm usually not too open to criticisms of sexism, I'm just nt that sensative, but Porky's is sort of hateful and dummed down where Animal House or something wasn't.  But it still rocks and Howard Stern has also promised to use actual teenagers for the roles, not 30 year olds.  He's remaking "Rock n Roll HIgh School" as well.

"Don't pay me pay the bartender you ridiculous douche" -Porky
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004, 08:34:44 PM »

Umm... Will a Rock 'n' Roll High School remake really work now that Joey and Dee Dee are gone? What, will they have Blink 182 come to the school? Doesn't quite have the same kick...

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Eirik
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2004, 09:40:52 PM »

"No one will really page "Mike Hunt"."

You'd be surprised.  A counter-protestor against the women protesting the Masters (because its at an all-male club) gave a brief interview to an AP reporter last year.  The reporter's story actually ran in newspapers quoting the person and naming him as "Heywood Jablomi."  Seriously.

A remake of Porky's?  Sure, why the hell not?  While we're at it, doesn't anyone think it's high time for a remake of Ghostbusters?  How about a remake of the classic Michael J Fox movie Doc Hollywood, only with a more updated sensibility?  Maybe someone should consider a remake of the recently released Ving Rhames movie Dawn of the Dead.  I'm not going to go see one more remake or sequel in the theaters.  I'm done.
George
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 07:41:24 AM »

Actually, I vote for a remake of Clash of the Titans.  I LOVE the original but can you imagine CG versus stop motion monsters and titans.  At least it would be interesting.
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 10:37:52 AM »

If Howard Stern is making it, I think it might be pretty good.  His Son of the Beach show was pretty funny in a very Porky's sort of way.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 03:31:01 PM »

PORKY'S is one of the stupidest comedies of all time.  Why anyone would want to remake it is a mystery to me.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 03:36:27 PM »

thats what im asking to my self.

pauli
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2004, 04:01:17 PM »

Because it was successful, funny, and a remake would make bank. Hell, I'll probably end up seeing it with my dad, because it's one of my dad's favorite movies ever.

So, maria, you're saying that a sex comedy about teenage boys trying to get into a strip club and have sex is stupid, and then say that Sex & The City is clever? Sex & The City is basically Porky's with middle-aged women. I never got the appeal for S&TC, maybe because I'm a straight man...and yet I like watching Queer As Folk. Opinions are like donuts: some are tasty and delicious, while others are filled with spoiled jam.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004, 04:16:32 PM »

the difference its that sex in the city its showing 4 middle age woman, not really beauty, wich is good, because they look avarage, not the typical very young lady who  is looking pefect,but silly anyway  but really classy and independent, yes, and feeling find with there sexuality wich is a thing that not many comedies show.
obviously im not takeing seriously all this stuff about "porky´s", its just a silly comedy, about a bunch of jerkers, without brain who treats girls like just "dark holes" i dont really mind if it remakes or not, i wont go to see it.
u are right at all
Opinions are like donuts: some are tasty and delicious, while others are filled with spoiled jam.

is it yours this sentence?? i like it :)

pauli
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2004, 04:36:46 PM »

I dunno, I don't think the women on sex and the city look average...I guess they're a little older than the ones in the teen comedies but they're still pretty much an idealized hollywood version of women.

What I've noticed about some of these newer sex comedies is that they tend to skimp on the nudity and instead have more gross-out humor, so I doubt the new Porky's will be as good as the original.  I remember when I was a kid we would talk about Porky's in hushed whispers, as if it were the dirtiest thing on earth.   Society is so hypersexualized now that I don't know if sex comedies can provide the same thrills they did during the eighties.  Too bad, in a way.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sacrilegious remake of Porky's « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.