Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:40:42 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What kind of music you all are into? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What kind of music you all are into?  (Read 7006 times)
Zach
« on: September 08, 2001, 10:21:07 PM »

Metal/Rock/Hardcore:
Korn,System Of A Down,Rammstein,Deftones,Faith No More,Pantera,Coal Chamber,Black Sabbath/Ozzy,gODHEAD,Slayer,Slipknot,Mudvayne,Static-X, Mindless Self Indulgence,Supultura,Soulfly,and AC/DC.

Rap/Hip Hop:
Wu-Tang Clan,Beastie Boys,N.W.A.,Snoop Dogg,Dr.Dre,and Run D.M.C.

Punk:
Misfits,Sex Pistols,Dead Kennedys,and Ramones
Brock
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2001, 10:26:32 PM »

Punk, Ska, Experimental, Techno, 80's, Bizarre, Misc.

Specifically:

Bjork, Lords of Acid, Space, No Doubt, Green Day, PUSA, TMBG, Reel Big Fish, Ben Folds Five, Gorillaz, Sublime, Prozzak, Less than Jake, Ramones, MFATGG, Cake, Living End, SOAD, and almost anything off the Fat Wreck Chords label.
StatCat
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2001, 11:41:41 PM »

Yes it is but I like the misfits, dickies, dead kennedys,damned, cramps, 45 grave, black flag (pre rollins days), Bush, a-ha (I know this doesn't exactly fit with the others I mentioned), metallica, nirvana, bad religion, alice in chains, social distortion, minor threat, queen, tsol, rancid, op ivy, goblin and that's all I can think of for now...
Vermin Boy
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2001, 11:43:15 AM »

Most of the stuff I listen to would fall into the "Misc." category: Frank Zappa, Weird Al, the Bonzo Dog Band, Devo, Mojo Nixon, TMBG, Barnes & Barnes, Deadbolt, Tom Lehrer, Spinal Tap, Wild Man Fisher, Dick Dale... Basically, anything you don't hear on the radio.
Chadzilla
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2001, 12:26:50 PM »

Film music
Jazz
Classical
New Age
Country and Western
Rock (Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, and a few others)
me
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2001, 03:57:25 PM »

Techno / Industrial / Synthpop:

Apoptygma Berzerk
VNV Nation
De/Vision
Icon of Coil
Echo Image
Funker Vogt
Velvet Acid Christ
Nine Inch Nails
Marilyn Manson
KMFDM
Pig
Brock
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2001, 08:02:21 PM »

If you don't hear TMBG on the radio, then you're listening to the wrong stations.
Lester1/2Jr.
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2001, 09:25:04 PM »

Capone n Noriega, Mobb Deep, and I really like ABBA
N. E. Moses
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2001, 10:00:04 PM »

I Mostly like Hip-Hop:

Notorious B.I.G, Snoop Dogg, Eastsidaz, Jay-Z, Lil Kim, X-Zibit, Tupac, Big Pun,
Heavy D, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Outkast, Wu Tang Clan, Missy Elliot, Ludicris, DMX, Lost Boys, LL Cool J, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Luke, M.O.P, Redman, D12,etc. (More to come later)

...and R&B:

Mary J. Blige, Musiq Soulchild, Faith Evans, Tank, Case, TLC, Ideal, 112, Blackstreet(not to be confused with Backstreet, as in Boys.  Pardon me as use this barf bag) Boyz II Men, Dave Hollister, Babyface, Deborah Cox, Alicia Keys, Jon B., Dru Hill (and Sisqo), Prince, Ginuine, etc. (More to come Later)

...and anything that makes my ears feel good:

Ace of Base, Hootie and the Blowfish, Old school R&B and Hip-Hop (80's-early 90's)
AndyC
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2001, 11:50:02 PM »

My listening habits change every few years. In high school, it was the likes of AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns 'n' Roses, Alice Cooper, Def Leppard, ZZ Top, etc.

I then started to explore classic rock, such as Steppenwolf, Nazareth, Guess Who, Wilcox, and so on.

Then it was country, both the new artists and the oldies.

Then it was popular music from the 70s - the stuff we all used to hear on the radio. This includes the Dionne Warwick, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond and others. I own a bunch of those 'Have a Nice Day compilations from Rhino.

From there it went to 80s pop and New Wave.

Lately, I've found that the new stuff getting played on my local 'adults under 50' radio station is pretty good, after going through the musical wasteland of the 90s.

I think I've come full circle, because now I'm craving 80s metal again. Rock Star came out at just the right time for me. Great movie for anybody who was a teenager in the mid-80s.
AndyC
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2001, 11:58:57 PM »

I should also mention that as a good Canadian, I'm also a big fan of Stompin' Tom Connors.
Josh Leman
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2001, 02:08:16 AM »

I listen almost entirely to movie and video game soundtracks.

My current favorites are Princess Mononoke, The Gift, and Silent Hill (rare video game soundtrack)
Flangepart
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2001, 12:06:00 PM »

Same here. What ever ain't top 40. Dick Dale, Link Wray, Tom Lehrer, Weird Al, Bonzo Dog, Mojo Nixon, Rev. Horto Heat, Tractors, Cherry Poppim Daddies, Big Bad Voodoo daddy, Charlie Danials, Hank Willams Jr., Celtic , Lots of Dementia...hey, what can i say, what ever works........Depends on my mood.
Jay O'Connor
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2001, 01:33:33 PM »

Prog rock - Rush, Yes, Leading Zero, Dream Theater

Jazz - Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Charles Mingus, Charlie Parker, Sonny Rollins
Steve.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2001, 02:26:19 PM »

Anything mainstream-unfriendly.
HAWKWIND, MOTORHEAD, OZZIE-ERA SABBATH (not that Dio mutant chappie), FRANK ZAPPA, CAPTAIN BEEFHEART, THE STRANGLERS (original line-up), BUTTHOLE SURFERS, DR. JOHN, CYPRESS HILL, BEDOUIN, BOB CALVERT.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What kind of music you all are into? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.