Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:53:05 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which movie is this? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which movie is this?  (Read 1312 times)
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« on: April 26, 2004, 06:27:41 AM »

A friend of mine showed me a little clip with a guy shooting other guys, it looked pretty slick and choreographed like some kind of Hong Kong/John Woo flick. I wonder what it was.

Post Edited (04-26-04 06:28)

Muahahahaha
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 08:50:26 AM »

This appears to be from Equilibrium  and the actor is 'Christian Bale (who by the way will be playing the next Batman).  There is  a review of this movie over at Unknown Movie Page. http://www.badmovieplanet.com/unknownmovies/reviews/rev404.html

If anyone else has seen this I would like to know if it is any good.  Evidently it didn't stay in theaters very long and is out on DVD now.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Ellie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 03:58:13 PM »

Equilibrium is a damn good movie!
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 07:58:51 AM »

Just as Ellie said, Equilibrium is a fantastic film.  It focuses on a future where emotions are outlawed.  Each citizen has to take a pill everyday to keep from having emotions since emotion is the root of all evil.  It mainly focuses on one Tetragramaton Cleric (Read: Government Gestapo) who one day decides that maybe it is better to have emotion.

Amazing and beautiful film.  Quite possibly the best SF film I checked out last year.  Unfortunatly, Dimenson Films really screwed it over at the theater.  This film could have been huge.

Also, on a  small side note, the film is quite similar to Fahrenheit 451.  So if you dig on that film and dig on Bradbury type storytelling then check out Equilibrium.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
TheEvilDoctor
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 11:19:33 AM »

I have just seen it 10 minutes ago and I must admit it was amazing. Great storyline and beautiful gunfights, some twists (but not too much) and very stylish. Some of the sets reminded me of Brazil which is always a good thing.
On a sidenote: The main actor looked a lot like Keanu Reeves as Neo; my guess is it was intended :)

Post Edited (04-27-04 11:19)

Muahahahaha
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 02:43:32 PM »

I can see how some people could make the comparison between Equilibrium and The Matrix.  Cool FX and the future and all.  But, that is where the comparison ends.  This one is bleak and dark as is the Matrix but just seemed to have so much more substance.  Amazing film that should have gotten a wider release.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Which movie is this? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.