Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:32:31 AM
714358 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are (in your opinion) the worst films ever made? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: What are (in your opinion) the worst films ever made?  (Read 6401 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2004, 02:11:34 AM »

I have to say, generally, it is much worse for me when a movie has a big budget, decent stars, etc. and then become loads of self important crap. That will help you understand my picks. Here they are in order from least worse to worse but all being positively dreadful:

Butterfly Effect
The Hulk
and tied for worst ever:
Darkness Falls and American Psycho

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Shark
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2004, 02:49:26 AM »

I've seen some real bad ones...but there are two that killed off considerably more braincells than the rest:

Dungeons & Dragons

The Howling III

Words alone cannot describe just awful these movies are.  Really...just take my word for it and spare yourself some great agony.

Derf
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2004, 10:56:42 AM »

I guess, like most, I have a few different categories of horrible movies.

Most boring would have to go to 1969's "Marooned." It features great actors doing nothing in space for over two hours.

Biggest mess of a script (and this will probably bring me some trouble) would probably go to "Dusk to Dawn." Is it a robbery caper? A vampire movie? Neither! It's just a poorly written mess!

Most visually disturbing in a jumbled mess sort of way would go to "Vegas In Space," a Troma-released movie about transvestites in outer space, filled with humor for transvestites only and starring men who make more convincing women.

George
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2004, 11:00:27 AM »

I can't say what is the worst.  I have many that I didn't like, chief among them......Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

THE EMPORER ISN'T WEARING CLOTHES!!!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2004, 11:33:30 AM »

Lots of good picks here. I just thought of one that doesn't often come up - Nothing But Trouble.

Had a decent cast, a funny premise, and the ads looked promising. Big disappointment. A friend and I sat trough the whole thing just thinking, what the hell is this? Not only wasn't it funny, it was downright stupid.

Funniest thing about that movie was that some of the stars were actually apologizing for it later. I caught part of an interview with John Candy where he's basically saying "I don't know what happened. Sometimes things just look funny on paper."

Piece of crap.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Darkautumn
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2004, 12:39:40 PM »

I'm probably in the minority on this one too. FDTD wouldn't make my list of all-time worst films, but I didn't like it. I thought the first half was pretty good, but the vampire part (and I love vampire flicks) was extremely disappointing. The two sections didn't  blend well (IMO) even with all the talent involved, and the end result was unsatisfactory.

As for what would be on my list of All-Time Worsts? I'll have to really give that some thought......
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2004, 04:01:30 PM »

Coyote Ugly comes to mind.  I must admit I only watched 5 minutes of it, but they'd have to kill me and prop my corpse in front of the TV to get me to sit through a sixth minute.

The recent Pearl Harbor movie deserves to be on the list as well.  One tired old cliche piled on top of another, on top of another.  Characters so banal that I don't see how the actors could say the lines without yawning.  And then the Star Wars battle at the end.  Puke!

Scream - after three attempts I've seen about 25 minutes worth of it.  I got to the point where the one b***h was b***hing at the other b***h and I just couldn't take any more.

Battlestar Galactica the re-imagined miniseries on Sci-fi.  Another one with horribly unlikable characters, enough sappy melodrama to embarass the makers of those Airport movies from the '70s, and space battle scenes that were as exciting as watching a bunch of bugs fly around in a jar.

Gladiator - Russel Crowe sure as hell ain't no Charleton Heston.  It did have some "so bad it's good" qualities towards the end though.

Star Wars the Phantom Menace - Jar Jar Binks.  Nuf' said.
ED
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2004, 04:40:13 PM »

There is one movie that outshines all movies in sheer pain.  Millenium starring Kris Kristofferson and Cheryl Ladd.  Its a time travel movie where the second half is just the first half filmed from different angles.  It was sheerest agony.
-Ed
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2004, 04:42:43 PM »

And doesn't (the real) Godzilla have a kid, Godzookie?
raj

« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2004, 04:47:01 PM »

One of the few movies I have ever stopped watching in the middle of it was Air America.

Now, there's a lot of really crappy movies out there that I haven't seen, simply because I could smell the odor wafting from them.  Thus I can't say that, oh, Titanic, is a giant piece of crap, because I haven't seen it.  

Of course, if they made a sequel to the Blues Brothers, now that John Belushi is dead, I couldn't imagine that being worth the stained cocktail napkin it would have been sketched  out on.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2004, 05:30:36 PM »

How could I have forgotten WIRED?  It was based on Bob Woodward's book about the life (and death) of John Belushi.  I actually got a headache from watching the movie.  It is bad, bad, bad.  I'm surprised that every single person associated with the production didn't have their name changed to "Alan Smithee" in the credits.  A truly putrid film in every way.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chris K.
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2004, 02:09:24 PM »

Here's my organized list:

1.) PEARL HARBOR
2.) THE PATRIOT
3.) FREDDY GOT FINGERED
4.) THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT
5.) DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?
6.) CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN (the recent Steve Martin flick)
7.) BRAVEHEART
8.) GODZILLA (1998 version)
9.) GIGLI (well, very obvious)
10.) PASSION OF THE CHRIST (I'm serious on this one, folks so this is no joke)
11.) SCREAM trilogy
12.) I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER
13.) SCARY MOVIE
raj

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2004, 02:38:24 PM »

What a stinking pile of poo.  Unfunny, hated the totally unsympathetic characters.
odinn7

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2004, 11:33:02 PM »

Raj, I don't know if you're aware of this or not but there is a Blues Brothers sequel.  Made in 1998 with a brilliant title of Blues Brothers 2000 and starring Dan Akroyd and the oh-so-funny *cough, cough* John Goodman, I'm sure it is a must see. Apparently nobody realized that John Belushi made the movie funny and without him, there is no Blues Brothers.

Chris K... You brought up a good one that my mind had completely blanked out. I guess it is one of those survival things the brain does and it wouldn't let me remember the horror of Dude, Where's My Car?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
JohnL

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2004, 01:12:48 AM »

>Made in 1998 with a brilliant title of Blues Brothers 2000 and starring Dan Akroyd
>and the oh-so-funny *cough, cough* John Goodman

If they were going to do a Blues Brothers sequel, they should have at least gotten Jim Belushi.

As for worst movie ever, I vote for Boarding House, shot on video for $1.50 with such great special effects as a guy demonstrating his mental powers by having someone off-camera shake a table. Know those student films that look like they were shot with a camcorder using the camera owner's friends as "actors"? That's Boarding House...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What are (in your opinion) the worst films ever made? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.