Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:19:51 PM
714251 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie is the best off this list? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What movie is the best off this list?  (Read 1430 times)
jga
« on: April 30, 2004, 08:10:30 PM »

these are just dvd's that got my interest for quite some time, which one's would you guys recommend? or not recommend?

In a Glass Cage
Angel Negro
Irreversible
Emanuelle in America
Blood Simple
Scrapbook
Eraserhead
Begotten
Undertow
Savage Harvest
Stroszek
Tetsuo: The Ironman
Organ (some Japanese film)
Stranger than Paradise
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 08:21:45 PM »

I say Savage Harvest.

That's the one where Tom Skerrit plays the father of a family that's menaced by a pack of man-eating lions.

There's also another film called Savage Harvest but it's about a group of kids who resurrect a demon.  
I've heard it's pretty terrible.

Get the one with Tom Skerrit.

Post Edited (04-30-04 20:22)
Brock
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 09:33:44 PM »

Blood Simple, definitely.  I've heard Eraserhead is good too, but I haven't seen it so can't verify.
Eirik
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 12:14:39 AM »

Irreversible is a tough movie.  It kicks off with a headache inducing scene in a night club that culminates in a very realistic depiction of a guy getting his face and head turned to mush with a fire extinguisher.

Later, there is a ten minute single-shot rape/beating scene that is extraordinarily brutal, though probably pretty realistic.

Almost as bad as these two scenes is the final half of the movie that has lots of pretentious French people blabbing aimlessly about sex.

Overall, a pretty powerful movie for the sheer realism of those two early scenes if for nothing else.  Has a gimmick in which the scenes are shown in reverse chronological order.  Stars the easy-to-watch Monica Belucci.
jga
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2004, 03:31:14 AM »

The Savage Harvest I was talking about was the one with the demons. I heard it was like Evil Dead. That other Savage Harvest seems interesting now.

So far I've never seen a bad review from any movie buffs for Blood Simple or Irreversible. I'll have to get both some day.
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 03:22:04 PM »

I'd definitely say Eraserhead, Blood Simple, Tetsuo, Organ (haven't seen it but I know some people who were involved in making Tetsuo worked on it). Irreversible was real graphic and a pretty ugly film, it's one of those movies that makes you feel like killing someone when it's over (not a good thing). In a Glass Cage is a very powerful and disturbing film so I can't say if I would recommend it to anyone, but this is the gamble we take, no?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What movie is the best off this list? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.