Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:37:42 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 3354 times)
Jay
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2004, 06:33:53 AM »

Wow, you're a Rutger Hauer expert!

That's a scary thought

but when I first heard they were making LOTR, Hauer was the first guy who came to mind for Theodin...

I think Jackson seemed to avoid anyone with a well known face at the time because I think it would've sorta broken the fantasy illusion he was setting up
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 11:03:31 AM »

I see someone else is posting about this movie.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BB
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 10:28:39 PM »

The new actor playing Bruce Wayne looks like GEorge W. Bush and Tom Cruise mixed together.
Roman
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 10:52:50 AM »

Rutger Hauer is the BEST!!!
Harry
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2004, 11:30:42 AM »

oh sweet, I'm sooooo excited about batman begins.

first off, the batmobile is modled off of the car from "The Dark Knight Returns" by frank miller.  if you havn't read it...you should.  It's more of a tank than a speed demon.

Christian Bale is perfect for batman.  I've said this since the first time I saw American Psycho, in fact, while I was watching it I turned to my brother and said "this guy should be batman."

Michael Keaton was ALMOST perfect for batman, he had the voice, the EYES, the mannerisms, all of that perfectly...but.....he wasn't tall enough.   Other than hight....perfect.

Chris Nolan is an awesome director, anyone who doesn't think so... go watch "Memento" again.

It's supposed to be pretty dark...which makes me happy, Schumaker made gotham city look like a cross between tommorrowland and a weird rave.

And I know for a fact....no nipples :)
Fearless Freep

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2004, 11:34:17 AM »

Michael Keaton was ALMOST perfect for batman,

Like Christopher Reeves as Superman and Toby Macguire as SpiderMan, playing the hero in the custom is pretty straight, a lot of people could do it.  The real secret is playing the alter ego: Clark, Peter, Bruce.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
trekgeezer

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2004, 07:03:06 PM »

According to Nolan, the story will be about the man behind the mask and he will not be overshadowed by the bad guys.  That was the problem with the other movie versions,  the villans were far more interesting than Batman.

Brian
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 11:37:53 PM »

Christian Bale-Welsh
Michael Caine-British
Gary Oldman-Irish
Liam Neeson-Scottish
Cillian Murphy-British

Ken Watanabe-Japanese and he is going to be The Demons Head. The character is Eqyptian or South African. Ra's is over 1,000 years old and whoever portrayed him in the animated series had sold me on the choice when he walked into the batcave like he owned the place and said "Detective".
trekgeezer

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 07:21:31 AM »

I don't  think they are going to bring up the immortality bit, not is this movie anyway.

Dave Munger
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 05:39:34 PM »

How many movies was Rutger Hauer in where it's a near future "Defiant Ones"? Where there maybe just two like that, and it seems like more? I just posted somewhere else that the Fritz Leiber novella "You're All Alone" would make a good movie, and that I'd cast Rutger Hauer in the lead.
Dave Munger
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 05:43:51 PM »

Micheal Keaton always sort of struck me as an inert nonentity. MacGuire is the only one who's really gotten to do any real acting as a superhero, in movie history, to my knowlege. Batman's always just like grr-grr, I'm Batman, grr. He should be played by the guy that sang that "I'm a liar" song, I forgot his name. He's played a crazy cop once or twice.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Batman Begins « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.