Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:54:27 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Work in progress « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Work in progress  (Read 2582 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: May 06, 2004, 08:25:34 PM »

Currently roughing up my review for "Godzilla vs. Megaguirus" - which pretty much amounts to me trying to swallow the black hole gun and giant dragonfly monsters (that are known from the fossil record).  I have to say that a number of the scenes with Godzilla seen from a distance could bring a tear to your eye, but the battles are a big letdown.  They almost made it, just goofed up a tiny amount.  But that makes all the difference.

Also, Ken Begg has agreed to finally reviewing "The Trial of Billy Jack" with me in June.  It is well possible that Ken will create a review longer than anything he has ever done before.  Not only is the movie in question bad, it is pretentious as all Hell and three awful hours long!  I think that I'll be applying a heavy coat of Jack Daniels to my brain before I even take the DVD off of my reference shelf.

I keep putting off "Street Fighter" until the mood to review it hits me.  Never have liked forcing things, so hopefully I will come around.  In the meantime, I keep looking over "Freaked" for review.   Maybe it will get in there.

My unit is starting to gear up for a second deployment to Iraq and the list is not finalized, so we will see what happens with me.  Hopefully, at the very least, I will get a couple of reviews in the pipe before going away.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 09:10:18 PM »

Andrew wrote:

> Also, Ken Begg has agreed to finally reviewing "The Trial of
> Billy Jack" with me in June. > Not only is the movie in question bad, it is pretentious as all Hell and three awful hours long!

YES!!! The Trial of Billy Jack, in which we learn that Billy uses violence....as an INDICTMENT of violence! This, brothers and sisters, is art. Granted, it's art that is bad and pretentious as hell...but still...art. See billy beats hell out of people, and occasionally breaks necks and forces them to drive cars into ponds....because violence is....wrong!! Mixed message...surely not!! Dopey self-importance...uh...yeah, but cool theme music!!! The Billy Jack films are hte only movies that my family consistently refuse to watch with me. They sometimes leave the house....but, I do love them so(the movies, I mean). They make me positively giddy...Tom Laughlin....God Of Cheese!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Gecko Brothers
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 09:57:06 PM »

Forget some of the reviews (though they might be good!). You should make some more random thoughts and answer more stupid e-mails that we send. One more thing is it just me, or are there going to be more games to movies review coming up on the site.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 10:31:14 PM »

Good god! Something longer than that killer bee movie!? Preposterious I say!

And take good care of yourself buddy.

Post Edited (05-07-04 10:19)

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 07:48:07 AM »

LoL. Deej I tried watching the 1st Billy Jack film, and it was way too boring. Sort of a wierd hippy-drive-in action movie from what I remember. Oh, and isn't Billy Jack supposed to be American Indian? He looked pretty white to me!
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2004, 08:58:51 AM »

As always, big guy, prayers are with you.

(For the deployment thing, I mean.   On Billy Jack, you're on your own.)

Nathan
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2004, 11:00:18 AM »

Chopper wrote:

> LoL. Deej I tried watching the 1st Billy Jack film, and it was
> way too boring. Sort of a wierd hippy-drive-in action movie
> from what I remember. Oh, and isn't Billy Jack supposed to be
> American Indian? He looked pretty white to me!

Hiya Chopper. So, the best way to do it, is to watch the movies with finger firmly planted on Fast Forward! This way you can cut through most of the self indulgent, hippy crap, and get right to the monkey stompin' of the town folk! Only watch when Billy is on screen, that way you are sure not to miss any of his wise sayings. My favorite; "when Policemen break the law, then there isn't any law, only the fight for survival"...hehehehe..WHAT?

Yeah, so, Tom Laughlin is as much a Native American as I am, which is to say...he's not. I guess the message wouldn't have been as strong if Billy was Dutch-Irish. Ok, the movies are bad, for some even painful, still I can't help it....I diggem!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2004, 12:29:52 PM »

Andrew,
hope you don't have to go over seas. but if your group is as smart and clever as you are, i'm sure you'll be as safe as is possible in such a situation. keeping our fingers crossed.

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Chopper
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2004, 12:45:05 PM »

yeah i see where you're coming from buddy. but when i want a cold hard dish of ass kicking, i always turn to 2 greats who never fail me: Charles Bronson & Sonny Chiba! you gotta love Bronson, i don't think any actor can beat him on the amount of violent revenge films they've been in. in fact i think Bronson is responsible for a whole seperate genre of b-films, the "criminals killed/hurt my family now it is my responsibility to slaughter them in the most excruciating ways" genre.

now that folks, is the American sprit!!
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2004, 05:38:37 PM »

As always, be careful out there, if ya have to go, Andrew.
I love that line about applying a coat of Jack Danials to the brain...the B-movie fan's Little helper!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Work in progress « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.