Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:31:41 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Savage Pampas (1966) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Savage Pampas (1966)  (Read 877 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 03, 2004, 11:25:11 PM »

SAVAGE PAMPAS (1966) - My second posted  film tonight produced by Spain. It's a visual feast of a Western. Actually it's set in Argentinia and puts Gauchos (cowboys/soldiers) against Indians. The film is also shot in Argentinia. Well done even if the story isn't that interesting. Western fans and Speghetti Western fans may want to check this one out. Encore Western Channel played it tonight. The director/cinematographer did a good job. Good viewing.

maria paula
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 05:50:37 PM »

gauchos againts indians?? u mean north american indians?? are u kidding me?? this one its a "must seen" then

pauli
Scott

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 08:54:10 AM »

The Indians had these cool rock/rope weapons that they would throw and yes the story takes place in the Pampas region of Argentina, and yes this is a must see.

BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2004, 01:39:58 PM »

A remake of the superior Argentinian western, "Pampa barbara," which I have not seen, this is still an item of interest, as I believe it is one of the few westerns which is set in South America. I have seen it twice. Once part-way through, then the second time, all the way through. One thing I remember strongly from the film, is unlike American westerns, where the good guys seldom die, one of the major good guys was killed off in this film.

If one liked this film, one may want to try another western set in South America, "The Way of the Gaucho" w/ Rory Calhoun, Gene Tierney, Richard Boone, Hugh Marlowe, and Everett Sloane.

There is also Walt Disney. When he was down in South America on a good-will tour, he did a number of cartoons about South America. One of which features Goofy as a gaucho.

Scott

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 11:11:43 PM »

Thanks for the into BoyScoutKevin. I never heard of this film till it came out on Encore Western Channel recently and I usually know what I'm looking for when it comes to Westerns.

By the way I missed VERA CRUZ the other night as it played on TCM or AMC. I forget which channel had it. They played it on prime time 8pm.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Savage Pampas (1966) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.